Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358845 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Transformers
« on: June 20, 2003, 09:09 PM »
I don't know if there's a thread about this or not, but here goes.
Anyone else collect these here? I'm a G1 addict. Anything G1 that Hasbro reissues, I buy, even if I have the Japanese counterpart. I just found the TRU exclusive Prowl, and thirty dollars later it was sitting on a shelf next to the rest of my G1 stuff.

I might post pics of my stuff later. I'm hoping they don't have to be on the 'net as they do when trying to post at RS. ::)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 05:05 PM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Transformers toys
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2003, 01:36 AM »
I used to own Transfromer toys (all original), but I sold everything on eBay about a year ago to help the growth of my Star Wars collection.  I do regret selling that stuff though.
dustrho

Offline Mandalorian Madman

• Youngling
  • He's no good to me at all.
    • View Profile
Tennessee Finds
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2003, 12:15 AM »
I don't collect them at the moment but I really like the re-releases they are doing, basically get the same toy without paying insane prices. soundwave is coming soon so I will be all over him (and starscream once I see him again). there is a shop here in the international district that sells some of the asian market exclusives like megatron and 'stealth' starscream, etc. I drool over them everytime I go by.
JD

"Open them.  All of them."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
Tennessee Finds
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2003, 02:26 AM »
The only Transformer stuff I collect are the PVCs. Takara mostly with a few Hasbro ones here and there.

But I did have a bunch of Tformers when I was younger and were sold for Star Wars as I got older.

Regards,
MJ
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Tennessee Finds
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2003, 11:26 AM »
No, I don't and won't.  I like them though.  Some dad was singing the original cartoon series song to his son in the toy aisle the other day.  That guy was annoying as hell but it was funny to hear a thirty year old man singing it.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Tennessee Finds
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2003, 02:42 PM »
Does anyone here have any of these Transfromrers busts?  These look sweet!  I'm thinking about maybe getting some of these (AFTER I find a job).

http://www.actionfigurexpress.com/busts1.html
dustrho

Offline Lemon-Viper

• Jedi Initiate
  • Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is.
    • View Profile
    • Son of Bob.homestead.com
Tennessee Finds
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2003, 12:49 PM »
Mandalorian Madman,

I'm in Redmond, I know the shop you're talking about.  How much are their imported Transformer G1 re-issued figs selling for?

Thanks
Stressed out?  Poop.  It'll make you feel better.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 10:27 AM »
Are these coming out in the US? If so, when and where? The more pictures I see, the more I want them :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 12:38 PM »
They're coming to the US, but they won't be made out of die cast. They'll be plastic.

I don't think they're exclusives, but I'm not sure. I just want Hound.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2003, 02:18 AM »
If anyone collects the Hasbro "Heroes Of Cybertron" 3" PVC line of Generation 1 characters be forewarned that word is coming in that the line is ending with Wave 5 due out this Spring. Wave 5 consists of yet another Optimus Prime (w/ communicator), another Megatron (w/ Laserbeak), Devastator, Omega Supreme, Ratchet, and my personal favorite "Coronation" Starscream from TFTM. Much like Wave 4, this final wave will have each figure come with parts to build a 7th figure, that being Metroplex.

I found several Wave 4 figs recently at a Zany Brainy store that is closing down. I think all Zany Brainy's are closing down as they are owned by FAO. The figures were $4 before a 20% off discount on all action figures. A must get for sure.

Also would anyone happen to have or know where to get for cheap loose versions of the OTFCC HOC exclusives, the orange seeker Sunstorm and the generic purple seeker?

Thanks!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2003, 02:22 AM »
As of yet I've not heard that they will be exclusives, here;s hoping their not so the price can be relatively low. So far I've read that the following will be or have been made:

Smokescreen: Subaru Impreza WRX
Hound: Jeep (as shown above)
Sideswipe: Dodge Viper
Bluestreak (called Silverstreak for copyright purposes): Subaru Impreza (a rehash of Smokescreen, which is ok since thats how the original G1 line was made)

You could also throw the Masterpiece Optimus Prime into the Alternators line since he's a true rendition of both his cartoon form and of a huge big rig. Here's to hoping we get a Masterpiece Starscream, that would be soooooo sweet.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2003, 01:15 PM »
Wow, I am SO shocked that the line is ending. ::) Couldn't be because it was near impossible to find at retail, would it? I hadn't seen anything beyond wave 2.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2003, 02:21 AM »
Wow, I am SO shocked that the line is ending. ::) Couldn't be because it was near impossible to find at retail, would it? I hadn't seen anything beyond wave 2.

I dunno about it being impossible to find. There was some question with Wave 3 for a couple months, then sightings of it exploded. In my own area I found Wave 3 figs at least at a half dozen walgreens. The same seems to be occuring for Wave 4, of course I can't find the last one I need :( The big problem with the line fading out is that there aren't that many more G1 based characters to release from the original Takara line and as such there isnt much to offer. Too bad Hasbro just wouldn't commission Takara to make some for US release, woulda loved to have gotten a Shockwave, Scourge, and Prowl....
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #13 on: January 4, 2004, 02:29 AM »
Whoa nelly, just got the Alternators Smokescreen and it's just downright awesome. Words really can't explain how great of a Transformer this guy is, but I'll do my best. The transforming of this guy is outta sight, took me 15 minutes to get him completely transformed on the first try. There's just so many intracacies that you could easily miss the first time thru. The paintjob, sculpt and detailing  are top notch. Standing in at around 8 inches tall this looks like what a Transformer SHOULD be, not some disgusting piece of plastic like the Energon Optimus Prime. He's just so fun to play with and just look at, I'm really happy with this purchase. And for $20 you can;t go wrong. If you were just thinking about picking this one up, once you see it in person all doubts will go away.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Transformers Alternators
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2004, 11:05 PM »
For the Detroit Auto Show Mazda debuted the newest Transformers: Alternator figure based off the 2004 RX-8. He doesn't have a name yet, but speculation is running with the bot actually being Jazz. Once you see the pics and animation you will know why I would prefer this not to be Jazz, perhaps Hot Rod but not Jazz....

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/NA_Autoshow/frameset.html
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin