Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360133 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #120 on: November 9, 2006, 11:11 AM »
Nice pic!  GET SOME STACKS FOR PRIME!!  Those tiny things always just irk me.  Glad to see you finally got Alt Prime & Mirage.   ;) Were you ever able to track down Camshaft?  I saw him once at a Target, and wow...It was like the holy grail in my eyes.  I can't wait until they start shipping the newer Alts.  Not sure when they will, but I hope Nemesis Prime is re-released in there.

Alt Screamer?  I've heard some bad things about him too.  I'd at least wait until they repaint him properly.  I'm sure they're going to repaint him to death so it's going to be nice to have all of the seekers, but at $600-$700 for all of them??   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #121 on: November 9, 2006, 12:27 PM »
No luck on Camshaft. I got Prime, Mirage, and Meister through HTS, and while I had a preorder for those three and Camshaft at BBTS, I just couldn't resist the $15 Alts and free shipping. I can do without those common cars as Transformers. If I buy Alts, it has to be a character I want (which explains why I own Prime) or a model of exotic car that I'd like to have a 1:24 scale version of (which is why I own Rollbar. That and I never got my hands on Hound.)

I haven't looked around on ebay for any longer stacks, and I agree with the tinyness. I'm really doubtful toy safety laws prohibit them, but I guess short stacks would be better than rubbery stacks.

I'm holding off until I hear an announcement that Starscream will be coming stateside. This is a good chance for Hasbro to outdo Takara by offering a properly-painted Starscream. But I'm afraid Hasbro's plate is going to be too full with the movie line, and it's not like the 20th Prime is setting sales records.
If I did buy any repaints of this mold, they would just be Thundercracker and Skywarp. I doubt they'll be able to get that much mileage out of this mold, however. Look at all the problems the Prime mold is having.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 9, 2006, 12:35 PM »
Is anyone here collecting the Transformers Classics line?  I noticed a number of these at Target earlier this week, and was half tempted to pick a couple up to check them out.  My wife would just be thrilled to hear me say that. :)  They didn't look too bad, and have looks that are at least similar to the G1 stuff many of us grew up with.  I noticed some of you have picked up at least one or a couple, what do you think of them?

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 9, 2006, 12:39 PM »
I'm holding off until I hear an announcement that Starscream will be coming stateside. This is a good chance for Hasbro to outdo Takara by offering a properly-painted Starscream. But I'm afraid Hasbro's plate is going to be too full with the movie line, and it's not like the 20th Prime is setting sales records.
If I did buy any repaints of this mold, they would just be Thundercracker and Skywarp. I doubt they'll be able to get that much mileage out of this mold, however. Look at all the problems the Prime mold is having.

I'm not really sure if Hasbro will take a chance and release him. At the price point, Prime doesn't do to well. Most average americans wont pay $70+ for a 12" action figure in a retail store. The reissues did well because they weren't any more than $40. I'll be really shcoked if they release MP Starscream over here...

Well, I broke down and ordered the WST Dinobot reissues of Commander (Grimlock) and Flamethrower (Slag). From what i've heard these are really good quality, comparable to the Takara reissues. For only $33 dlvd for both it's worth a shot. i'll post pics when I get them...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 10, 2006, 02:15 AM »
Is anyone here collecting the Transformers Classics line?  I noticed a number of these at Target earlier this week, and was half tempted to pick a couple up to check them out.  My wife would just be thrilled to hear me say that. :)  They didn't look too bad, and have looks that are at least similar to the G1 stuff many of us grew up with.  I noticed some of you have picked up at least one or a couple, what do you think of them?

They're great. If you don't want to wade into the line to deeply, I'd suggest getting Starscream, Rodimus (Hot Rod), and/or Bumblebee. Astrotrain is OK, but the other three are better, IMO.

I have Megatron as well, and he's worth the purchase. I might be picking up Prime this weekend. Not sure yet. But I like this line, I can tell you that.  :) There's Grimlock, Mirage, and Jetfire in wave 2. I can't wait for those guys.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 10, 2006, 02:19 AM »

I'm not really sure if Hasbro will take a chance and release him. At the price point, Prime doesn't do to well. Most average americans wont pay $70+ for a 12" action figure in a retail store. The reissues did well because they weren't any more than $40. I'll be really shcoked if they release MP Starscream over here...

That's what I'm afraid of too. I've been to two different WMs that have endcaps full of Primes, and I sincerely doubt they'll move them all at $70 each. But I also didn't think Hasbro would offer the Beast Wars Reborn set of Primal and Megatron since they had the Cybertron repaints coming out, and that showed at TRU.

Maybe it could be an exclusive item to TRU. That's the only possible way I'd see it happening, if at all.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 10, 2006, 10:09 AM »
That's what I'm afraid of too. I've been to two different WMs that have endcaps full of Primes, and I sincerely doubt they'll move them all at $70 each. But I also didn't think Hasbro would offer the Beast Wars Reborn set of Primal and Megatron since they had the Cybertron repaints coming out, and that showed at TRU.

Maybe it could be an exclusive item to TRU. That's the only possible way I'd see it happening, if at all.

An exclusive would probably be the only way it might work...

With Prime, the thing I can't see is why they even released it again. I can understand that they wanted to capitalize off the DVD re-release but it didn't sell well the first time around. The only thing this release has going for it is the Holiday season which may boost sales. Sadly, i'm hoping these sit and get clearanced out again. I'd buy one at $20 bucks just for the base...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2006, 03:46 AM »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 21, 2006, 11:55 PM »
I scored Classics Jetfire tonight. I haven't opened him yet, but he has to be the best value by far for the Voyager class. Dude fills up the box pretty well.

There were two there, and of course, they were both on the top shelf. Had to ask to get one down.  ::) But I wasn't leaving without him.

Now if I could find Mirage and Grimlock, I'd be set until the Prime/Megs 2-pack and Soundwave reissue come out.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 22, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Good find on Jetfire.  I'm eagerly awaiting his arrival in my area.  Also looking forward to Grimlock - it sure would be nice of Hasbro to do the rest of the Dinobots.  Mirage...meh.. Not too excited about him.  This line came out at the wrong time.  I wish they had a longer run with this line.

Do any of you guys collect the SW TF's??  I have to buy the WM Millenium Falcon because it comes with the gold Tites, so I'm probably going to have to cave and buy the rest of the line just because that's how I am.  I've yet to purchase a single one even though all I collect is Star Wars and Transformers.....Nothing has really had me "foaming at the mouth" with these things.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 22, 2006, 12:32 PM »
I have Luke, Obi-Wan, Darth Vader, and the Clone Pilot TFs. I'd probably have them all if they didn't want $15 for each.
I'm going to try to get my hands on the Han/Chewie set on Friday, because I always thought that set was pretty neat, just much too expensive.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 22, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Just a heads-up, Ben: the Megatron vs. Prime two pack is out now.  I saw about 6 at the local TRU earlier this week.  No sign of Jetfire, Mirage, or Grimlock yet, though. 

That Megatron repaint looks very nice.  Like you, I wish I had the skills and/or steady nerves to do something like that.  As great as the Classics Megatron is, that paint job makes it look a million times better.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2006, 04:17 PM »
Thanks. I tried stopping by TRU today, but after seeing all the cars there and having no luck on the Han/Chewie TF set at Target, I thought I should wait until later to try looking.

I was shocked to see all the Han/Chewie sets had disappeared at Target. I was there Wednesday night, and I could have sworn they had about two hundred sitting on the overstock shelf. I'm sure I'll be able to score one at WM after Christmas on clearance, so no worries there.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2006, 11:52 AM »
Okay....So I caved and bought the entire SW TF line.  I'm fairly happy with all of them with the exception of Boba/Jango, Luke, Grievious, and somewhat - Maul.  Interesting to see that most of them could fit in the $5 Titanium packaging while in their robot modes.  That would have saved quite a bit of space in the toy aisles.

Picked up the Han/Chewy set on the cheap@Target, but I've yet to open it because I can't find the damned WM version with the gold tite ships in it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2006, 12:17 PM »
The Mrs. and I went out to Target last Friday, and the Han/Chewie TF set was flying off the shelves.  I saw so many people with them in their carts, in many cases several.  When we were back on Sunday (for the Shuttle), they hardly had any left - which I would have never believed after seeing piles of them for the past month or so.  I kind of wanted to pick one up for $15, but with all the spending on other stuff lately I decided not to.