Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358839 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2006, 10:35 AM »
Received the Titanium Series 3' Megatron for X-Mas.

Which did you receive - Beast Wars or Cybertron Megatron? 

I'm pretty sure it's Cybertron. I don't know a lot about TFs, as this is my first item, but i'ts this one:

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2006, 03:11 PM »
Yep...That be Cybertron Megs.  Such akward posing + silly deco.  Cybertron Galvatron has a much better paint scheme, but they haven't repainted him for the tite line yet.

Picked up a 20th Prime at Target on clearance for $48.88.  Not sure what to do with him, but I sure hope his legs work better than my MP04.  I'd love to repaint the guy into Magnus, but I have no idea where to begin.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2006, 07:53 PM »
Picked up a 20th Prime at Target on clearance for $48.88. 

I grabbed one tonight at a Target here, but it had already hit the 50% off mark, so I got it for $34.98.  This is the first version of this figure that I've ever picked up, and I couldn't be happier with it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 31, 2006, 02:39 AM »
Neal,

Great deal you found on Prime!  I have to ask, do his legs retract properly when transforming into cab mode?  I've yet to open mine, because I really don't want him - but if his legs work, then that may be a different story.  I still think the voice actor for Prime on the base is god awful.  Laughable even - sounds nothing like Peter Cullen.

DVD pack with Megs vs. Optimus.  Haven't opened it.  Still in my trunk with all my other Classics stuff.  What DVD is included with this set?  I can't recall a cartoon series where Megatron was a tank and Prime was his original g1 self.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2006, 02:40 AM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #154 on: December 31, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Movie cell phone bot.

Looks like one of the ****** transforming toys you'd find at Dollar General.

New Transformers Classics Ramjet Test Shot Images

NICE. This line seriously needs to continue after the movie comes and goes.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 31, 2006, 08:01 PM »
Neal,

Great deal you found on Prime!  I have to ask, do his legs retract properly when transforming into cab mode?  I've yet to open mine, because I really don't want him - but if his legs work, then that may be a different story. 

On the one that I purchased, the legs work quite well.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 2, 2007, 10:14 AM »
This line seriously needs to continue after the movie comes and goes.

Agreed.  After seeing how nice all of the toys in the Classics line remakes have turned out so far, I really wish they would continue them.  There's still so much they could do (especially in the 10 dollar line; I'd love to have updated versions of Prowl, Kup, Soundwave, Thundercracker, etc) to keep this line going, even if it is based on nostalgia.  With the first season being released again on DVD, it'd be nice to have some more Classics to go along with it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 2, 2007, 03:08 PM »
One of my local Targets reset recently and the TF pegs were full of 3 pack min-con "Classics" sets - I guess that's how Hasbro is going to run the line out before the movie stuff starts clogging stuff up. 

Horrible idea   ::)
« Last Edit: January 2, 2007, 05:42 PM by iFett »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2007, 03:28 AM »
Has anyone found the Commemorative Series Soundwave reissue yet? I'd really hate to see the plug be pulled on this one. I know there were some that made it out on ebay, BBTS, and even TRU, but there's been nothing going on for a month now, and I'm thinking that it's history or lost in eternal limbo like GI Joe DTC wave 4.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2007, 10:15 AM »
Has anyone found the Commemorative Series Soundwave reissue yet? I'd really hate to see the plug be pulled on this one. I know there were some that made it out on ebay, BBTS, and even TRU, but there's been nothing going on for a month now, and I'm thinking that it's history or lost in eternal limbo like GI Joe DTC wave 4.

I'm too wondering what's up with them. They were up for preorder at TRU.com for a while then just disappeared. I'd like to nab one of these...

Also anyone still needing the Millenium Falcon TF, keep an eye out at Target. They've been hitting clearance for various prices. Mine had it for $24.48 but a friend picked me up one at his for $8.48! I was shocked to say the least...

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2007, 03:33 PM »

Inadvertant Imiitation & Madcow,

I snagged one. I got it off of BBTS and it shipped to me in the begining of December. I like it for the most part, just not thrilled with the bigger cassette cover. I will attempt to post some pictures of it. Ifett (Mike) saw it at our monthly get together in December as I had received it just a couple days prior.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2007, 03:46 PM »
One of my fellow MN comrads got his at BBTS a month or so ago.  Oh, there's Ryan chiming in.  I was thinking that Soundwave would hit retail by Christmas, but nadda.  I did find the Titanium 6" Soundwave and Roddimus at TRU though.  Good filler until I can get the real Soundwave - well he's not really true to the original because of the double door.

Transformers Millenium Falcon - I really like this toy.  Solid construction/transformation.  I wish I could say as much for  the rest of the line.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2007, 10:31 PM »
I might go for BBTS, but I really only wanted it for Laserbeak and Ravage, since that'd be a great way to acquire those two. I bought a minty fresh vintage Soundwave last year about this time, so I'm good there.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 11, 2007, 10:06 AM »
I bought my vintage Soundwave complete with horrid vintage box a few years back, but he's seen better days.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2007, 09:21 AM »
I want one too, but can't nail it anywhere, and don't want to get to reamed on the price.