Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360278 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Transformers
« Reply #195 on: February 9, 2007, 01:45 PM »
Black G1 Convoy for preorder at BBTS
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 16, 2007, 01:00 AM »
TRU Today put out a case of the New Soundwave. so Ben if you are still looking for it, its there.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #197 on: February 16, 2007, 02:57 AM »
Sweet. Looks like I have a reason to get up this morning after all.  ;D
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #198 on: February 16, 2007, 08:48 AM »
Maybe I'll hit my local one too. Hope I get lucky !

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 16, 2007, 09:32 AM »
The TRU website has been quite sporatic - to say the least about his availability.  My local TRU stocked him once and that was it.  I had to have a buddy of mine pick him up at another TRU on the other side of the city and that was the last one.  It's about time they released Soundwave, but he's proving to be a bit more popular...duh
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 16, 2007, 01:02 PM »
Finally got my hands on one. I noticed the box says this is only appropriate for ages 8 and up. As if any kid was going to get a $30 TF that's this small.

Anyway, I'm glad they chose this character to reissue. Since he's proving quite popular, maybe we'll see more G1 reissues at TRU.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #201 on: February 16, 2007, 02:31 PM »
Is it tiny ?

Should I pursue it or just get the Titaniums Ultra one ?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 16, 2007, 03:22 PM »
He's a bit bigger than the titanium one.  I have both and although I don't open my titanium stuff - I hear that version sucks ass.  You simply can't go wrong with a G1 re-release  ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 16, 2007, 05:15 PM »
I picked one up and I have the original. They are the exact same size as far as I can tell. For the most part it is just like the original with only minor changes. The blue is a slightly different shade, the silver parts look more painted then cast colored plastic and the cassette drawer is double deep instead of flush with the face. Overall if you just had this one the only thing you would notice is the cassette door sticking out from the body. I'd love to more reissues.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 16, 2007, 06:21 PM »
Hmmmmm.....Hasbro has launched a Classics website mini site.  I don't count those stupid mini-con things or the legend crap as "classic" but it is promising that perhaps this line isn't completly dead....for the moment that is.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #205 on: February 16, 2007, 06:26 PM »
The local MN TRU I went to tonight had 6 G1 Soundwaves
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 16, 2007, 07:00 PM »
The local MN TRU I went to tonight had 6 G1 Soundwaves

Hmmmmm.....I'm thinking about picking up another in hopes that somebody might be able to repaint him into Soundblaster.  That is, if he has the time/patience of course.   ;)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 16, 2007, 09:38 PM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 02:00 PM by inadvertent imitation »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 19, 2007, 10:47 AM »
The local TRU put out a case of Soundwaves yesterday and while I hadn't originally intended on picking one up, after seeing it in person, the nostalgia was too much to take. :)

Overall I'm pretty happy with it as a toy and a memory-inducing thing of a rather pleasant time in my life, but it definitely shows how far the line has come in the 23-or-so years since I first got it for Christmas.  I like the addition of the cassette cases for Ravage and Laserbeak, and the packaging is also top-notch (kudos to Hasbro for making it collector-friendly).

On a totally unrelated topic, has anyone here read the TF comics over the past few years?  The more I read about them, the more interesting they look to me (especially since the Marvel comics didn't hold up so well to time when I reread some of them a few months back), and I was curious if anyone could give me a solid recommendation on how good they were (I'm referring, of course, to the G1 character-driven stuff) and if it was worth ordering them from Amazon or not.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 19, 2007, 10:58 AM »
Picked up the 20th DVD anniversary Optimus Prime this weekend on clearance for $18 at a Wal-Mart. Later I was at another Wal-Mart that had it at clearance for $50. I also snagged a titanium Megatron for $10. I'm wishing I'd picked these up when they first came out. I can't find a Titanium Optimus anywheren now.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.