Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 80924 times)

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
Re: Transformers
« Reply #210 on: February 19, 2007, 11:00 AM »
That's a steal for Optimus. I wish I could find one for that cheap ! NIce score !

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 19, 2007, 11:00 PM »
Well....Finally got around to opening all of my classics last night since I originally started collecting them back in November.  Prime was a waste of money for $20, not a bad toy, but he could have been much better/bigger same with Magnus....  Seekers - LOVE THEM!!!  WANT MORE!!!  Bumblebee/Cliffjumper - cute!!  Mirage - skinny, but okay, Grimlock....Uh...I have no idea how to transform him for some reason.  Astrotrain?  Train mode is sucky, but I like his bot mode for some reason.  Hot Rod (Roddimus).....meh - he was one of my fav's as a kid, but this mold isn't doing anything for me.  Megs - still in gun mode...Not ready to transform him - same with Jetfire.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2007, 07:42 AM »
Well....Finally got around to opening all of my classics last night since I originally started collecting them back in November.  Prime was a waste of money for $20, not a bad toy, but he could have been much better/bigger same with Magnus....  Seekers - LOVE THEM!!!  WANT MORE!!!  Bumblebee/Cliffjumper - cute!!  Mirage - skinny, but okay, Grimlock....Uh...I have no idea how to transform him for some reason.  Astrotrain?  Train mode is sucky, but I like his bot mode for some reason.  Hot Rod (Roddimus).....meh - he was one of my fav's as a kid, but this mold isn't doing anything for me.  Megs - still in gun mode...Not ready to transform him - same with Jetfire.

On Grimlock you have to rotate part of him that the legs (in animal mode) that become his arms (in Robot mode) 180 degrees. It took me a bit too to get that figured out. Once you get him figured out you will never forget.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2007, 03:30 PM »
I've just been an Alternators collector until a few months ago.  I picked up Classics Bumblebee and he fits well with the Alt's in robot model  I also got the original 20th Anniversary Prime, so that whole display looks sweet.

I've been picking up a few other lines lately - mainly the Classics to get the Jets (Starscream and I think Thundercracker? from the new Target 2-pack).  I like these, but they're a hair small compared to the rest of the Alts.  Oh well.  I picked up a diecast Sound wave as well the other day and am pretty unimpressed with him.   :-\
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2007, 06:12 PM »
For those of you who ordered the Soundwave MP3 player:

Rumble & Frenzy

Ohh......and this.....Spongebob is going to be the voice actor for Starscream in the upcoming TF Heroes animated series.

kinda looks like Spongebob, no?

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 06:18 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2007, 12:18 AM »
That's a steal for Optimus. I wish I could find one for that cheap ! NIce score !

I saw these for 75% off at the Northtown Target store back in January but I passed.  If it came with a trailer I would have purchased it.  I'm goin to pick up the Masterpiece set with trailer one of these days.

I can't wait for the new MP Megatron in March.

Has anyone purchased a KO Swoop and if so how is the quality?

Offline inadvertent imitation

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2007, 01:06 AM »
Robot Heroes

I guess that, with Hasbro owning the TFs, a line such as this was inevitable.

I wonder when the cutesified GI Joe ones will be out.  ;)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 22, 2007, 10:50 AM »
I don't understand the point in these.  I mean, they're a little bit bigger than the small titanium ones, but I suppose they're doing away with that line due to poor sales - I always see gobbs of these things at every store.  I suppose 2 figs for $5 if better than 1.

I never intended to get into the GH stuff, but I caved and I've even given thought to collecting the Marvel stuff (very cute) even though I've never even read a comic book in my life.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #218 on: February 22, 2007, 11:02 AM »
Check out the G1 Busts from Diamond:

Here

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • things get damaged
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #219 on: February 22, 2007, 11:27 AM »
I don't understand the point in these. 

I'd much rather give a little kid a plastic toy than the die cast versions... die-cast can do more damage when chucked across the room.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 22, 2007, 11:59 AM »
I'd much rather give a little kid a plastic toy than the die cast versions... die-cast can do more damage when chucked across the room.   :P

Sorry about that Jeff.  I forgot that these are toys for children...afterall.  I don't do much chucking myself ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 22, 2007, 12:44 PM »
Robot Heroes

I guess that, with Hasbro owning the TFs, a line such as this was inevitable.

I wonder when the cutesified GI Joe ones will be out.  ;)

I'm drawing the line at these.  I buy all the star wars ones and I started collecting the Marvel ones that contained Avengers figs (just because the Hawkeye fig is ultra cool), but I'm not buying the TF versions...a man has to have limits.  :-\
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 22, 2007, 06:04 PM »
I picked up a diecast Sound wave as well the other day and am pretty unimpressed with him.   :-\

I assume you mean the Titanium version as they both have diecast.  If that's the case, then I can see why....

SUPERIOR    -----------------------------------------  >>                                  inferior

« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 10:23 PM by iFett »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I'm a dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 22, 2007, 09:22 PM »

I assume you mean the Titanium version as they both have diecast.  If that's the case, then I can see why....

Yeah, I'm talking titanium.  He's extremely loose right out of the package - I haven't even tried to transform him.  Is the reissue diecast?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • things get damaged
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #224 on: February 22, 2007, 09:32 PM »
I saw that HasbroToyShop has a bunch of Transformers on sale - Up to 50% off on some figures.

Nothing much new, but some nice deals if folks are looking for stuff...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
Follow me on Twitter - @jedidefender / @jlsmentek