Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 364131 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #465 on: July 3, 2007, 06:07 PM »
BigBrawl

I didn't care much for the deluxe version as I couldn't get him to hold together very well...

Well designed toy, just poorly executed at least in the case of my sample.  Hopefully they get it right in this class.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Aucassin

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 3, 2007, 11:41 PM »
Also looks like TRU was running a huge sale-still is just not on the good stuff.  $7.50 Soundwave...

Damn! Soundwave's gone!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #467 on: July 4, 2007, 02:27 AM »
BigBrawl

I didn't care much for the deluxe version as I couldn't get him to hold together very well...

Well designed toy, just poorly executed at least in the case of my sample.  Hopefully they get it right in this class.

Yeah, mine doesn't hold together well either. And after seeing the movie tonight (which was AWESOME) a bigger one is much deserved.
Here's hoping for a Leader-sized Blackout and maybe Starscream too. And, of course, a Voyager-sized Bonecrusher.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 5, 2007, 02:29 AM »
Anyone familiar with a TF website that would have pics of the various toy releases from the last couple years? 

Ben Yee's site bwtf has a lot of really good pics and descriptions of all Transformer toy lines, but it's not quite complete.

The two "biggest" sites in terms of content out there seem to be Seibertron and Transformer World 2005.

Thanks for the great links guys!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 5, 2007, 12:03 PM »
Yeah, thanks for the links/resources on Transformers everyone.  Its nice to have a better idea of what is out there (and what's good) with all the various lines there have been over the years.  I have to admit, after seeing the movie yesterday, I'm really tempted to pick up a couple of Transformers (Bumblebee and Optimus are tops on the list for me).  Now I'm just trying to decide whether to go the movie route or the Classics route.  Just to have a couple of Transformers to display/mess with on the desk, as I doubt I could afford to collect them too much with all the Star Wars stuff (not to mention Spidey/Marvel and 25th Joe).

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 5, 2007, 12:25 PM »
Okay, I have a question.  I'm not a Transformer collector and my knowlege ends at mainly what I see in the toy aisle.  But, after seeing the film, I want to pick up a Bumblebee figure.  I see the deluxe version for $10 but it's the vintage Camaro and I'm looking for the new 2009 model.  The only one I've seen photos of appears to be the upcoming Ultimage animatronic version but that's going to run $80.

Anyone know if there will be a 2009 Camaro version done in either the Deluxe or Voyager lines?  Or, better yet, the Leader line?

If not, anyone have more details on the Ultimate version coming this fall?  I found some photos on the Seibertron and TFW2005 sites but, unless I missed it, I didn't see any written review or descriptiion.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 5, 2007, 12:32 PM »
Anyone know if there will be a 2009 Camaro version done in either the Deluxe or Voyager lines?  Or, better yet, the Leader line?

The DLX 09 Camaro will be shipping in a couple more months along with more bots that weren't in the movie.  The only other movie version of BB will be the ultimate one - at least at this point.

***Unleashed BB is on clearance at Target for $13 as well as the Prime Tite 3-pack for $9 even though they just stocked those in my neck of the woods...No doubt that RoboVision Prime will come next.
« Last Edit: July 5, 2007, 12:54 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 5, 2007, 01:37 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I think I'll hold out for the Deluxe Bumblebee.  The Ultimate looks cool but I don't need to pay $80 for lights and sounds.

Also, it sounds like the Unleased won't sell in the 8" (or larger) size no matter what the line?  Interesting.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 5, 2007, 02:08 PM »
I know of at least one collector who already has the "new" deluxe Bumblebee.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 5, 2007, 02:16 PM »
Pepsi Prime on HTS

He's back....and I caved even though he's got short stacks.

...I just checked Ebay and these things are going for $50-$60+

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 5, 2007, 02:34 PM »
I know of at least one collector who already has the "new" deluxe Bumblebee.

Someone doing a review for CoolToyReview.com by any chance?  How do they like it, have you heard?  Is it basically the current robot mode just with a new outter shell or is it all different?

E...

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 5, 2007, 05:30 PM »
Pepsi Prime on HTS

He's back....and I caved even though he's got short stacks.

...I just checked Ebay and these things are going for $50-$60+

I caved also just in case my entries in the Pepsi contests don't pan out... Now to find the actual Japanese Pepsi Twist bottle...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 5, 2007, 06:42 PM »
Supposedly the 2008 Camaro Deluxe Bumblebee is just starting to ship, as someone reported finding Arcee (one of his casemates) at a Mom & Pop-type store a week or so ago.  I'm assuming these will start showing up in huge numbers soon, as Hasbro has to know how popular that particular Bumblebee is going to be now that people have seen the film. 

Oh, and just as a note on future releases...

-Movie Deluxe Wave Three:
--Bumblebee (2008 Camaro)
--Arcee (Motorcycle; from Prequel Comic)
--Dreadwing (Decepticon Drone Jet; from Prequel Comic)

Movie Deluxe Wave Four:
--Recon Barricade (EU repaint from unknown source, if any)
--Final Battle Jazz (I'm split on what this could be-har har)
--Payload (Decepticon Drone Truck; from Video Game)
--Long Haul (Autobot Tow Truck; from unknown source, probably the video game)

Movie Voyager Wave Three:
--Optimus Prime (same as the Target Robo-Vision Prime, but not as shiny)
--Megatron (with non-removable ice decoration)

Movie Voyager Wave Four:
--Thundercracker (EU repaint of Starscream with a new head)

Movie Leader Wave Three (or Figure Three, as the case may be):
--Brawl

It actually surprises me that Hasbro didn't get the Prime and Megatron Voyagers out by the time the film was released, since I'm sure a lot of parents are getting asked for one or the other and are saying "No" due to the 40-45 dollar versions being the only available ones right now.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 5, 2007, 06:58 PM »
Movie Frenzy

I have to admit that I was DISGUSTED by the way this lil guy looked, but after seeing the flick I have to have him even though his bot mode is still funking looking.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 5, 2007, 11:01 PM »
Someone doing a review for CoolToyReview.com by any chance?  How do they like it, have you heard?  Is it basically the current robot mode just with a new outter shell or is it all different?

E...

It's not Curto, if that's what you're thinking, but it is a member over at RS.  Check the Transformers thread in the CTR section of the Forum over there.  He posted pics and gave a review.