Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363230 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #840 on: April 29, 2008, 10:54 PM »
MP Grimlock and Cracker confirmed....so says Tformers.com

I should really get a Skywarp soon before they skyrocket in price.

And after looking at the photos from BotCon, I am going crazy with anticipation for the Universe/Classics 2.0 lineup.  Prowl is incredible-looking, Ironhide is great as well, and it has me hoping for Bluestreak and Ratchet repaint versions in the not-so-distant future (although if they were mass-market releases and not overpriced con exclusives, that would be great, Hasbro).

I think they learned their lesson after last year's fiasco and the resultant pestering they get at every opportunity. They probably don't want that again, but that's just my faith talking.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 30, 2008, 02:01 AM »
Saw the Premium Barricade and Jazz at WM tonight, plus the Allspark Stealth BB. I don't know if the Premium BB was out yet or not, but he wasn't there. If he is, it's going to be a total headache to find that guy, again.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: May 2, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Been seeing alot of the premium edition crap...pass.  I did find Stealth BB and Salvage though today at Target so I picked them up, plus another Cobra Trooper to get the $5 off, but my total came in at $22 something.  Totally forgot that the dlx figures dropped down to $6.99 a pop.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: May 4, 2008, 02:15 PM »
I'm hoping to find the Premium Barricade before all the movie stuff disappears, as I'd really like an accurate version (and since I assume the head and waist flaws of the original were fixed for this version).  Other than that, Starscream, and Blackout (the latter of which I already have), the Premium stuff does nothing for me. 

Anybody have any idea why the animated toys aren't being released until June?  The cartoon's been on for a good five months now, and you'd think Hasbro would want toys out there alongside it. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: May 4, 2008, 02:38 PM »
They decided to pimp out the movie toys as long as possible, plus I'm beginning to think Hasbro will want a street date for the Animated toys too, since they love those.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: May 4, 2008, 03:28 PM »
I'm actually enjoying the cartoon (when I catch it)  Megs is more of a badass now, plus he's finally voiced perfectly.  Starscream is already a ghost - that was quick.  blah blah blah.   :)

Looking forward to the toys in June, then it's onto August for Classics 2.0/Universe.  Kinda wishing I didn't pick up the Joe line money-wise, but I'm sure a lot of folks are thinking the same thing about the Indy stuff.  Hasbro completely owned me from 84-89, and they've had me now from 00-08.  Thanks for the 11 year break!   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: May 5, 2008, 09:33 AM »
I picked up two of the Stealth Bumblebee figures last night. Has anyone heard about any paint variations on this?
« Last Edit: May 5, 2008, 09:51 AM by darth punkinhed »
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: May 5, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Saw an auction for the Shattered Glass set as well as all of the other exclusives repaints going for $900 on eBay.  Insane....Hasbro could totally milk this, but again the contracts with Botcon.......bastards!  I'm still holding out for Takara/Tomy releasing the remaining seekers...

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: May 8, 2008, 04:49 PM »
Two questions for you guys.  I might have mentioned before, but my 5 1/2 year old son is really into the movie Transformers.   He doesn't know any of the old school characters from the 80's besides the ones from the movie, obviously (Prime, Bumblebee, etc.)  Anyways, my first question is, are they going to stop producing the movie toys now that it (the movie) has come and gone?  Or have you heard if they will continue with this line?

Second question, the thing that my son likes even more than Transformers is dinosaurs.  So obviously he is in love with the Dinobots since he saw them on the cartoon.  Do you guys know or have you heard if they will be coming out with any new Dinobot figures this year, specifically Grimlock?  If so, will they be the cartoon version, not like it matters.  I don't keep up with all of the news coming out at the cons or toy fairs, usually just Star Wars or GI Joe news, so I haven't heard either way.   I have a chance to buy him a Grimlock for his birthday from a few years back for $25, this seems kind of steep and if they are coming out with a new version, I can just wait.

You guys seem to know your stuff here, so I figured that I would ask you if you know off-hand. 

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: May 8, 2008, 06:04 PM »
my first question is, are they going to stop producing the movie toys now that it (the movie) has come and gone?  Or have you heard if they will continue with this line?

The movie figures will all be gone by June when Hasbro starts up the Animated line.  hint - clearance  ;)   Most Targets already have the deluxes "on sale" for $6.99 so that's not a bad deal.

Do you guys know or have you heard if they will be coming out with any new Dinobot figures this year, specifically Grimlock?  If so, will they be the cartoon version, not like it matters. 

You're in luck!  There is an animated version of Grimlock coming out and he will be priced at $20.  Classics had a $10 version last year, but I really thought he sucked big time.  If the $25 version you were reffering to was a G1 toy - then that was an excellent deal...not so much for the Classics version.  Hasbro will also be releasing and animated Swoop and I assume the other original dinobot - forgot his name though - Sludge?  Snarl?  Slag?

Takara/Tomy also has a Masterpiece edition of Grimlock in the works for this year and he'll likely be around $100.  This is a Japanese company and they are exclusive to Japan, but they are imported to the US.  Obviously a bit out of your priceline, but I'd thought I'd let you know even if you're not familiar with the MP line.   ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: May 8, 2008, 06:30 PM »
Takara/Tomy also has a Masterpiece edition of Grimlock in the works for this year and he'll likely be around $100.  This is a Japanese company and they are exclusive to Japan, but they are imported to the US.  Obviously a bit out of your priceline, but I'd thought I'd let you know even if you're not familiar with the MP line.   ;)

He will be $50 and readily available via Wal-Mart online and I don't want to hear anything else about it!  :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 8, 2008, 06:32 PM »
The movie figures will all be gone by June when Hasbro starts up the Animated line.  hint - clearance     Most Targets already have the deluxes "on sale" for $6.99 so that's not a bad deal.

June?  Yikes!  No wonder I've noticed that Target hasn't been restocking these, or so it seems.  Makes sense now.

You're in luck!  There is an animated version of Grimlock coming out and he will be priced at $20...If the $25 version you were reffering to was a G1 toy - then that was an excellent deal...

As for the G1 toy, I don't believe so.  I thought that I saw a production date on the box for 1996.  Could that be correct?  My wife and I bought our son a construction Transformer (forgot the name) about 2 years ago from TRU with a similar look in the packaging.  Was there a more recent released Grimlock?  As for the animated version, we may just wait until they release the new version.  If they release the whole group of Dinobots, that would be way cool.

Thanks iFett!   :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 8, 2008, 10:23 PM »
He will be $50 and readily available via Wal-Mart online and I don't want to hear anything else about it!  :-X

What are you smoking?  He will never be availible in the states, buy we shalll see....

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 9, 2008, 11:24 AM »

What are you smoking? 

Cheapo Knollwood toys!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 9, 2008, 11:35 AM »
He will be $50 and readily available via Wal-Mart online and I don't want to hear anything else about it!   :-X
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today