Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360191 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #885 on: May 27, 2008, 03:00 PM »
Should be $19.99...   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 27, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Should be $19.99...   :)

Sweet, then I'll get the set. But I wonder how hard it will be to find being a WM exclusive?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 27, 2008, 07:07 PM »
So for me the draw is the movie one with the "helmeted" Bumblebee. I was going to spring for a movie one and another stealth one to make this variant. However I'll be happy to get this set instead and get two new figures out of it and not have extra parts as I would have with getting the other two mentioned above.

Sal, I don't know if these have/will show up near you, but the just-released "Premium Series" Bumblebee is the same as the previously released Deluxe Class version with gray body/limbs rather than black and the helmet head instead of the regular head.  So, if all you want is the helmeted BB, the Premium Series version might be more cost-effective in the long run.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #888 on: May 28, 2008, 02:14 AM »
Henkei Skywarp and Thundercracker preorder at BBTS.

They had Thundercracker available singly for $74, but I missed the preorder and now they're sold out of those. However, this one is still available, so I decided to preorder a set.

Better than paying $300 for a Botcon Thundercracker on ebay. Though this might be a little hard to afford in September, what with the Classics 2.0 line being available then.
Ugh, this Classics Seeker situation is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:14 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 28, 2008, 07:57 AM »

These are Classics style, not Masterpiece editions right?  I'd pay that price for two MP Seekers to flank Starscream.  Was just looking thru their site and saw this too:

Alternators Honda Arcee

Anyone else know this was coming?  Any idea whether it will be released in the US?  I want one, but not for $70.  ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 28, 2008, 10:49 AM »

These are Classics style, not Masterpiece editions right?

Yes.  Apparently it's a Jap exclusive to some event limited to 9,999 pieces.  I'm guessing that the guys in Botcon are all laughing in our faces about this not being a general release in their market.

Alternators Honda Arcee

Anyone else know this was coming?  Any idea whether it will be released in the US?  I want one, but not for $70.  ::)

Yes.  Takara/Tomy is giving the Binaltech line a bit of a reboost with Arcee and another Prime Dodge Ram (though I'm not sure what's different about that one.)  As far as Hasbro is concerned - Alternators are dead so don't expect to see these over here.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 28, 2008, 06:03 PM »
Jap exclusive Powerglide

Jap exclusive Silverbolt

Jap exclusive Onslaught

They're all painted to match their G1 likeness instead of the ones we're getting here in the states - if you couldn't figure that out.   ;)

New Robot Heroes  I don't care for the BW stuff, but Arcee & Rumble are a must have.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 28, 2008, 08:55 PM »
Yes.  Takara/Tomy is giving the Binaltech line a bit of a reboost with Arcee and another Prime Dodge Ram (though I'm not sure what's different about that one.)  As far as Hasbro is concerned - Alternators are dead so don't expect to see these over here.

I thought an earlier report from Hasbto said Alts were not dead, just shelved for another year?
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 28, 2008, 10:48 PM »

I thought an earlier report from Hasbto said Alts were not dead, just shelved for another year?

Sorry for the yes - as I knew this was coming (referring to Arcee & Prime), but I've heard nothing positive from Hasbro regarding the ALT line, but please enlighten me if you will.   :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 28, 2008, 10:55 PM »

As far as Hasbro is concerned - Alternators are dead so don't expect to see these over here.

Sorry for the yes - as I knew this was coming (referring to Arcee & Prime), but I've heard nothing positive from Hasbro regarding the ALT line, but please enlighten me if you will.   :)

Actually, it was at the end of the article you posted...

READ THIS!!   :o

"Alts not dead, just sleeping."  Time for them to wake up!   ;D

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 29, 2008, 12:54 PM »
Funny how things slip from your mind after 30 days.   :-[

Seriously though, I think they've got too much on their plate with Universe/Classics/Animated/T2 stuff so I can't really see them going back to the ALTs until 2010 after these other lines die out.  Even then, I can't really see a total relaunch as there's really not that many "cars" left to do unless they started with the mini-bots or maybe even HotRod, Blur, Wheelie?  Yeah..no

Let's hope I'm wrong though  ;)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 29, 2008, 08:44 PM »
Funny how things slip from your mind after 30 days.   :-[

Seriously though, I think they've got too much on their plate with Universe/Classics/Animated/T2 stuff so I can't really see them going back to the ALTs until 2010 after these other lines die out.  Even then, I can't really see a total relaunch as there's really not that many "cars" left to do unless they started with the mini-bots or maybe even HotRod, Blur, Wheelie?  Yeah..no

Let's hope I'm wrong though  ;)

I'm definitely hoping you're wrong.  I miss having Transformers on the market that I actually want to buy, and with Arcee mold already available, it just makes sense to at least launch one or two of these, even as exclusives.   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 30, 2008, 12:21 AM »
Henkei Thundercracker preorder at BBTS, again available singly.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 31, 2008, 01:27 AM »
Animated Jazz

I don't watch the show, and barely look at pics of the toys. But I saw these pics, and I was almost instantly converted. I hope it's a Deluxe, because I'd like to own this guy.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 31, 2008, 09:49 AM »
Animated Jazz

I don't watch the show, and barely look at pics of the toys. But I saw these pics, and I was almost instantly converted. I hope it's a Deluxe, because I'd like to own this guy.

Kind of cool, but not real impressed that they have transformers with nunchucks.  ::)