Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360103 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #945 on: June 19, 2008, 10:36 PM »
MP Cracker & some new Nissan Binaltech 

I reeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaally hope they release both in the states.

That Alternator looks awesome.  Come on Hasbro, bring this line back.  My money is begging to go straight to you.   :P
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 20, 2008, 05:58 PM »
Transformers Alternity

Apparently that Nissan is Prime/Convoy and this is a new line that is "slightly larger than deluxe figures"  I'm fine with that if they want to start up a new line because Prime looks amazing and apparently I have money to burn, but with that name - you'd think they'd release them in the states, but who knows.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 22, 2008, 02:51 PM »
Transformers Alternity

Apparently that Nissan is Prime/Convoy and this is a new line that is "slightly larger than deluxe figures"  I'm fine with that if they want to start up a new line because Prime looks amazing and apparently I have money to burn, but with that name - you'd think they'd release them in the states, but who knows.

I don't get the size reference - any chance this is same size as Binaltech/Alternators?  Can't seem to find a good picture, but the ones I have seen look Amazing!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 22, 2008, 07:14 PM »
I don't get the size reference - any chance this is same size as Binaltech/Alternators?  Can't seem to find a good picture, but the ones I have seen look Amazing!

Deluxes are the $9.99 Transformers.  That should give you an idea on size.  Good or bad   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 22, 2008, 10:51 PM »

Deluxes are the $9.99 Transformers.  That should give you an idea on size.  Good or bad   :-\

The carded ones?  Boo!  Iron Hide Move Version in the box is almost Alternatorish (yes, that's a word), but apparently that's not the size they're going with.   >:(  >:(  >:(

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: July 4, 2008, 08:32 PM »
The local TRU got in a crapload of Universe stuff yesterday (of course, it was just the first assortments in bulk, but it was still the most new TF stuff I've seen at TRU since the movie launch date), and I was able to pick up the three wave 1 deluxes (Octane, Sunstreaker, and Prowl), as well as the G1 RH sets (Blitzwing vs. Hound and Galvatron vs. Sunstreaker).  Plenty of the 2 BW sets hanging around, as well as two pegs full of the little "Legends" toys.

Prowl is easily the winner of the deluxes, although he isn't as nice as the prototype pictures made him out to be.  The transformation on his doors and front fenders is a little wonky, and due to the leg construction, his feet don't hold him up very well, but otherwise, he's a great toy.  Sunstreaker is so-so, although it's very noticeable how they're going to turn this into Sideswipe (as you can literally turn the pertinent body parts around and make another unique figure), but that doesn't detract from the toy.  I do miss the shoulder rocket launchers, though.

Octane...erm..."Tankor" is a little weak in bot mode.  The plane mode is great, and the tanker truck mode is acceptable (far better than Astrotrain's "train" mode to say the least), but the robot mode is very weak in design and execution.  He feels like the equivalent of the SL Battle Droids in that he's very flimsy, with very thin limbs, and he probably won't stand up on his own for too long.  Definitely the weakest of the three.

No sign of the Ultra assortment (Powerglide and Onslaught), nor the Voyager repaint-o-rama, which I'm not touching with a 10 foot pole. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #951 on: July 5, 2008, 01:34 AM »
I just found a couple cases of Universe stuff at WM, and picked up Prowl and Sunstreaker. I left Tankor, figuring if he looks bad on the back of the package, he's probably even worse as a toy. I was surprised that with Star Wars, GI Joe, and Indy toys being $8 for a figure nowadays, that these Deluxes are still $10.

I haven't cracked them open yet, but I'm glad they're out. I was about to start buying more Animated toys since I'm jonesin' for a TF fix.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: July 5, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Sorry, idiot novice chimming in here again to ask you guy; what is this "Universe" line?  ???  Can you provide a link or some pics?  My son is just getting going on the animated line, now there is a different line?

Thanks dudes.

Jeff

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: July 5, 2008, 07:04 PM »
Oh, one other question.  My son said that he saw a commercial for animated Transformers at McDonalds.  If so, does anyone have the skinny on these? 

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: July 5, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Sorry, idiot novice chimming in here again to ask you guy; what is this "Universe" line?  ???  Can you provide a link or some pics?  My son is just getting going on the animated line, now there is a different line?

I'm a feeling really lazy at the moment so I'm not posting any links, but it's basically a continuation of the Classics line from last year.  "Classic" remakes of G1 toys.  Really good stuff here.  You'll know when you find them due to the different packaging.   ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: July 5, 2008, 07:28 PM »
Oh, one other question.  My son said that he saw a commercial for animated Transformers at McDonalds.  If so, does anyone have the skinny on these? 

Thanks,
Jeff

HappyMeal.com launches Transformers Animated promotion

HappyMeal.com has posted a preview of their upcoming Transformers Animated and Littlest Pet Shop Happy Meal promotion which is due to begin around July 5th at McDonald's. The subsite on HappyMeal.com gives us our first look at all 6 of the Transformers Animated toys that will be part of this promotion. The 6 figures that will be released are Optimus Prime, Megatron, Ratchet, Starscream, Bumblebee and Lugnut. Click here to visit HappyMeal.com to view the promotion.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: July 5, 2008, 08:48 PM »

I'm a feeling really lazy at the moment so I'm not posting any links, but it's basically a continuation of the Classics line from last year.  "Classic" remakes of G1 toys.  Really good stuff here.  You'll know when you find them due to the different packaging.   ;)

The packaging looks like this, so they'll be easy to spot.  :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: July 5, 2008, 11:57 PM »
Looks like we're getting another chance to buy Unicron.
I remember seeing an endcap full of these for $20 back in the Armada days, but I didn't buy it. Glad I have another opportunity, since I don't want to pay $20-30 just for shipping on this guy on ebay.

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: July 6, 2008, 10:41 AM »
Thanks for the links, guys.  While they look awesome, I think we will be staying clear from the Universe line.

As for the Happy meal figs.....eh, "figs"?  Pieces of something?  They look almost like chewy baby toys than an actual "play" toy for a 5 yr old.  So I think we will be skipping the drive-thru lane as well.

Again, thanks for the info.

Jeff

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: July 6, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Looks like we're getting another chance to buy Unicron.
I remember seeing an endcap full of these for $20 back in the Armada days, but I didn't buy it. Glad I have another opportunity, since I don't want to pay $20-30 just for shipping on this guy on ebay.

Now he's a Decepticon   ???

I found an entire endcap of Armadacrons at Target for $5.  Stocked up on a few of them, just not sure why.