Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 360119 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #975 on: July 24, 2008, 11:55 AM »
Anyone got/getting the ENCORE #10 figures?

Are these the only one, or are they coming out with more? All of the descriptions say that they are repaints from the originals, are there remakes of the originals, or is this it?

Ultimately is this a set worth getting?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: July 24, 2008, 05:53 PM »
Looks like Hasbro is getting pretty nutty with the Mighty Muggs treatment  The SW ones were very tempting for me, but I've stayed away.  Now they're just going to town on them.  If I would have started with SW then I'd be compelled to go for the Joes and now TFs.

I also don't get this pic....Perhaps Prime comes with interchangeable stacks?

Anyone got/getting the ENCORE #10 figures?

Are these the only one, or are they coming out with more? All of the descriptions say that they are repaints from the originals, are there remakes of the originals, or is this it?

Ultimately is this a set worth getting?

I've not delved into the Encore line because I have everything they're re-releasing.  This set may be slight repaints (I'm colorblind to some extent) but there's nothing screaming here for me.  Everything the've released thus far has been pretty much true to the originals.  I do think it's a good value if you don't have any of those mini-bots.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 05:56 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: July 28, 2008, 06:01 PM »
Wow.  Looks like I'm one of the few still collecting these things.  Anyways - the Ultra "Universe" figs are starting to hit shelves - Onslaught & Powerglide.

It really sucks now trying to figure out which line to buy from one week, and which the next week within itself but especially with SW and GI Joe. 
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: July 28, 2008, 06:08 PM »
I picked up the new Universe Deluxe cars and Octane a couple weeks ago.  Very cool.  I managed to find some with good enough paint jobs.  Passed on the Voyager repaints.  Will buy the Ultra wave as soon as I see them. 

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: July 29, 2008, 05:37 PM »

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: July 29, 2008, 11:06 PM »
Awesome pics!  Thanks for sharing those.  My son has Snarl, and he is getting Grimlock for his birthday (Sept 12).  If Swoop comes out on Sept 8th or around then like it says, I will try and get him that one as well.  COOL!   :)

Jeff

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #981 on: July 30, 2008, 12:03 PM »
I'm buying Hound and Cyclonus for sure. This new Classics line is a little underwhelming compared to the 2006-7 range, but that's because the character choices are kinda sucky in this new line.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: July 30, 2008, 06:32 PM »
Transformers Panel

More ALTs??

Pretty cool that the tape that comes with Hound fits into Soundwave's chest.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: July 30, 2008, 06:38 PM »
Transformers Panel

More ALTs??

Pretty cool that the tape that comes with Hound fits into Soundwave's chest.

About as clear as their anser on alts last time. I think we will hopefully see something next year.  Their is a pretty sweet binaltech Arcee out there now...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: August 1, 2008, 01:56 PM »
Deep Space Screamers are finally getting clearanced out at 50% off.  What a stupid exclusive/toy.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #985 on: August 2, 2008, 04:27 AM »
Sumbitch. I actually paid full price for that one. When will I learn to let Target exclusives go to clearance before buying them?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: August 2, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Sumbitch. I actually paid full price for that one. When will I learn to let Target exclusives go to clearance before buying them?

Seeing as how they haven't been out for 90 days, you should be able to get the clearance one, then just return it with your old receipt.   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: August 3, 2008, 09:53 AM »
I picked up the Universe/Classics 2.0 Ultra Onslaught and Powerglide at Target over the course of the last few days and I'm generally happy with them.  The transformation on Powerglide is a bit weird with the shoulder joints needing to rotate in a way that I don't think the construction allows very well, but there doesn't appear to be any sign of stress in the joint when I do it.  Onslaught is huge compared to the other deluxes/voyagers, but his robot mode seems a little..."off" to me.  He just looks underwhelming for some reason.   ???

As for the electronics, I'm not really impressed.  Powerglide has jet engine noises and lights and machine gun sounds when you push his button in alt mode, he makes the transformation noise when turning into robot mode (and the reverse transformation noise when turning him back into alt mode), and makes machine gun noises in robot mode, along with light-up eyes.  Onslaught's noises are really bad, as his siren only makes a slight "bleep" when in alt mode, along with light up eyes and machine gun noises in robot mode.  Oh, and he too has a "secret" noise in SWAT truck mode, as rolling him forward/backward will trigger a clanking/rolling noise. 

So yeah, while nice, I would have preferred they dropped the electronics and release them as Voyagers, but hey, what can you do?

Oh, and one question if anyone knows:  is there going to be an animated Blitzwing toy?  I've seen listings for just about everyone else on the cartoon except him, and I was wondering if I'd missed it or he just wasn't being made yet or what?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: August 3, 2008, 06:38 PM »
Oh, and one question if anyone knows:  is there going to be an animated Blitzwing toy?  I've seen listings for just about everyone else on the cartoon except him, and I was wondering if I'd missed it or he just wasn't being made yet or what?

He's due in September.....and thanks for keeping this dying thread alive.   ;)

Offline J'Quille

• Jedi Initiate
  • The Whiphid bounty hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: August 3, 2008, 09:12 PM »
He's due in September.....

Will he have interchangable faces like on the cartoon?  I always liked how that old school He-Man character (forgot his name) rotated faces on the action figure.  Maybe they will come out with something like that.