Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 363052 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1125 on: January 22, 2009, 04:40 PM »
I would have if it wasn't for Buzzsaw being included now in set #1.  I bought Eject & Rewind last year off the bay and they're quite far from minty.

Just buy Blaster.   :-*

Oh - looks like a third party (iGear?) will be making an autoscout which will be compatible/same size as the other tapes.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:28 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: January 22, 2009, 10:29 PM »

Oh - looks like a third party (iGear?) will be making an autoscout which will be compatible/same size as the other tapes.

Dude, that Autoscout looks awful.  Seriously, I feel bad for whoever dreamt that up...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: January 28, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Not that anyone cares, but Soundwave & BB will be the preview figs for ROTF.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: January 28, 2009, 05:21 PM »
some of us care!!!!
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: January 28, 2009, 06:06 PM »
Saw the Target GI Optimus today for $17 and change which is about 75% off. There were two on the shelf in really trashed boxes.  Thought about it as it looks pretty nice but decided I didn't really need more Transformers.

But, check your Target if you're interested, they might be cheap.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: January 28, 2009, 06:06 PM »
Saw the Target GI Optimus today for $17 and change which is about 75% off. There were two on the shelf in really trashed boxes.  Thought about it as it looks pretty nice but decided I didn't really need more Transformers.

E...

Ack - which Target?  The lowest I've seen these for is $35 (Crystal and BP Targets).
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: January 30, 2009, 06:21 PM »
Hmmmm....Looks like we may now be getting a two foot tall Devastator made out of voyager ($20) class toys.  Nice.  Never understood why Hasbro couldn't make $10 limbs with a $20 body to crank out some updated gestalts.  Anywhooooo....Got a few more weeks of waiting..

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: January 30, 2009, 06:35 PM »

E...

Ack - which Target?  The lowest I've seen these for is $35 (Crystal and BP Targets).

Sorry...Ithaca, NY.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 1, 2009, 12:10 PM »
For those who care, I saw the latest wave of Universe Deluxes (Smokescreen and Dinobot) at Wal-Mart earlier this morning.  Neither impressed me enough to pick them up, but what really didn't impress me was the fact that Wal-Mart was now charging 12.99 for deluxe class TFs in both animated and Universe lines. 

Because of this increase (which will no doubt hold until the movie toys are released), as well as Hasbro doing their whole "Premium Series"/"Only Release Accurate Film Versions After We've Sold Them the Old ****" nonsense with the first movie line, I'm going to be extremely selective about the ROTF toys, and I'm pretty much giving up on the animated line after Wreck-Gar, and the Robot Heroes completely.

And if anyone's interested in buying a loose complete collection of TF Robot Heroes (G1 and Movie Style figures), just let me know and I'll send you a list and work out a price deal.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1134 on: February 1, 2009, 03:17 PM »
Yowza. I was lucky and picked up Smokescreen last weekend, before the price increase. Good luck, WM, on selling all those leftover Cheetors and Dinobots left over. (Yes, Dinobot is already warming pegs here. Crazy.)

Here's some pics of the preview toys for ROTF, Bumblebee and Soundwave. I have no need for BB, since I bought three of his character from the first go-round, so I guess it's just Soundwave for me. Though I have trouble discerning exactly what he's supposed to be in vehicle mode.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 1, 2009, 09:33 PM »
but what really didn't impress me was the fact that Wal-Mart was now charging 12.99 for deluxe class TFs in both animated and Universe lines. 

Yup - I saw the same thing, but luckily mine were on sale for $7-$8 a pop.  I'm bailing on lots of lines - Titaniums are now $8.19.  **** this.  Candy machine CW figs for $8???  No thanks.  Now is the best time to start getting out of this stuff.  Can't blame these increases on gas prices anymore.  Hasbro is just raping us now for no good.  I found Universe Inferno  the other day and he came to almost $24.   ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 8, 2009, 01:14 AM »
Spoilers!!!

Here's some pics and the instructions for the Fallen toy. Why is it that Megatron, Soundwave, and the Fallen all transform into "Cybertronian jets"? That's just lazy. Of course, this toy looks like a big green nothing to me, so whatever.

And it looks like Wheelie is in the new movie. Probably at the expense of another character too.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 8, 2009, 02:00 AM »
A gallery of the ROTF Starscream.

It's great they finally gave him hands, and the jet mode looks great (or at least better than the first one) but the paint job is just horrible.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 8, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Wow do I hate all of these.  I'm so glad Transformers is turning out this way - that's a line I could easily have been sucked into if there was a single robot form I liked. 

Offline spiderpumpkin

• Jedi Padawan
  • Secto-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 14, 2009, 06:28 PM »
Today, I found the Soundwave, Megatron and Optimus Prime Mighty Muggs at the Monticello, MN K-Mart.  They were just mixed in with the Star Wars Mighty Muggs.  I passed on Bumblebee.  All three have very good paint jobs.  So if anyone is looking for these you may want to check a K-Mart.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 06:29 PM by spiderpumpkin »