Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358840 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1320 on: September 9, 2009, 02:28 AM »
I was in Target again last night and realized that what I posted the other day may not be correct.  My store does have the Bruticus set now but I think what I saw back when the movie figs first dropped was the Superion figure.

Either way, both are on an end cap now.  Anyone have opinions on either set?  They're both kind of cool looking.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 11, 2009, 07:11 PM »
Targets have a new endcap with Superion/Bruticus and some HA - which they should put on sale because they're stacking up everywhere out here.

No opinion on Brut as I haven't opened him yet, but Superion was kinda cool -picked him up during Energon.  Indivdual bots were better than his combined form, I remember he fell down a lot and didn't hold together very well  The third party add on parts make him look really sharp too.

Oh - and Perceptor and the Insections have been found in Canada, so hopefully they'll be hitting down here soonish.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 13, 2009, 06:46 PM »
I don't know if anyone had still been looking for it, but I spotted the Deluxe Skids and Mudflap as an ice cream truck today at a Walmart.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 17, 2009, 01:47 AM »
Saw the Gathering at/of Nemesis tonight at TRU.  $49.99.  Nice looking giftset packaging, but yawn....boring repaints.  See ya.

I don't know if anyone had still been looking for it, but I spotted the Deluxe Skids and Mudflap as an ice cream truck today at a Walmart.

E...

I still can't find that ice cream truck for the life of me.  All I want from the deluxe line.  Want that and the Repro label sheet for it and I'll call it a day after the remaining HA figs.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 26, 2009, 04:41 PM »
Finally found the ice cream twins today - at Kohl's!  Nifty!  Now bring on the remaining HA figs and I'll be done...until I can grab Devy on clearance for half price.  He's nice, but not $100 nice.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: October 1, 2009, 10:37 PM »
Sam's Club and Costco seem to have received their stock of TF repaints in pretty boxed sets.  Makes you wonder when the Turbo Tank might make an appearance.

Looking forward to picking up the WM Ultra repaints in the days ahead.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: October 2, 2009, 12:48 PM »
HTS has the twins (in pink). I got them with my order of the TPM wave.

I bought Dev at full price and love it. He's HUGE.

iFett, do you have any links to TF collecting sites that have pics/lists of upcoming products?  I feel like I"m missing stuff. That or there just isn't as much product or there are distribution woes as is with SW.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: October 2, 2009, 01:01 PM »
Seibertron

TFW2005

TFormers

Those are my three - and I don't chat it up at those sites.  Not really keeping up with ROTF product much, but you can find your answers there.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: October 2, 2009, 03:58 PM »
Much obliged. I think I've been to all three of these at some point, just never bookmarked them.

Thanks again.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: October 3, 2009, 06:46 PM »
Right as rain - Walmart must have been reading my years of bashing them, well probably not.  Found the 3 new Ultra Universe repaints.  Picked up Skyfall (love that mold) and red Powerglide.  Not sure if I'll gun for Hardhead or not, but I dig his shield.  They also had that stupid orange jet set with legends crap.  Pass.  Also saw a ROTF Thrust for the first time.  Didn't even know about that one.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: October 5, 2009, 03:55 PM »
Heh, seeing as I planned on buying the Legends Mudflap and Skids, when I saw the "stupid" set, I bought it immediately. I didn't mind getting the extra Legends fig and I actually kinda liked the Tiger deco on the fighter jet. I like that sculpt anyways, so even if I wouldn't have been a big fan of the deco, I likely would have still bought it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: October 5, 2009, 04:05 PM »
Sorry - I just hated that mold personally.  I guess the deco is a throwback to a G2 character or something so that's kinda cool.  I also don't care for any legends figs outside of the G1 minibots.

Just me nit-pick'n.    ;)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: October 6, 2009, 09:42 AM »
Sorry - I just hated that mold personally.  I guess the deco is a throwback to a G2 character or something so that's kinda cool.  I also don't care for any legends figs outside of the G1 minibots.

Just me nit-pick'n.    ;)

No worries. I actually shyed away from the Legends figures completely for the first movie and would have for ROTF as well. However, a friend suggested getting Mudflap and Skids in this scale since they'd be relatively in scale with Devastator.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 12, 2009, 10:42 AM »
Picked up HA Skids over the weekend at Target.  $30 is waaaaay too much for this set, but two more to go and I'm done.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 12, 2009, 05:17 PM »
Picked up HA Skids over the weekend at Target.  $30 is waaaaay too much for this set, but two more to go and I'm done.

Which two?

I still need skids. I liked botht the BB and SS sets.