Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358813 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1425 on: March 26, 2010, 06:10 PM »
7500?  That seems high.  Are there really that many unique TF characters?

E...

Maybe 750. Over 25 years, that averages to 30 per year. Given that there were several years of that, that no new product was coming, 750 seems to be more accurate. But I could be wrong.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: March 26, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Just a note that Jedi (Cybertron?) Defender is in on the Q&A, so if you've got questions on this line, we're interested in them for the next round (which is a ways off).

Thanks guys.

I like the Dinobots question that Pete asked - even though H will most likely shoot it down.  I can definitely come up with plenty more when the time comes.   ;)

Just a note that Jedi (Cybertron?) Defender

Are you guys planning on expanding the TF thread on this site?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: March 31, 2010, 12:07 AM »
7500?  That seems high.  Are there really that many unique TF characters?

E...

While the number does seem a tad high - they didn't specifically say "unique" robots - so I would be willing to bet that repaints play a pretty big role in that count.

Think about the Energon Bruticus Maximus, Constructicon Maximus and Superion Maximus sets - those were all re-released with new decos, so that right there accounts for 30 robots out of the past 25 years.

I would be willing to bet that even things like the reissues of the Insecticons accounts for another three robots in that tally, even though they are straight-up reissues of figures from 1986.

Combine that with the fact that under the Transformers: Universe line, they also released the Sixtrain and Sixbuilder sets that were from the early 90s in Japan and then re-released by Japan in the early part of this decade.

From this past movie year, I think there were way more than 30 robots, if you think about all of the Transformers: Legends releases, the Scout-class releases, the Scout-class repaint exclusives to places like WalMart and Target, the Deluxe class, the Voyager class and the three Leader class robots, I would estimate that there were somewhere between 50 and 60 robots for this year alone - at that's just the Revenge of the Fallen stuff, there were also the Transformers: Animated and Transformers: Universe releases too.

Lastly, since Hasbro views Takara as their partner in the Transformers line, even in the years when here in the US we got very few figures, they were still going pretty strong in Japan, so I wouldn't be very surprised to see that they are also factoring in the Takara releases.

So again, like I said in the beginning, 7500 does seem a little high - if they had said something like 2500, then I might actually believe it averaging out to about 100 robots released each year.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: April 3, 2010, 05:59 PM »
I've been haunting my TRU like 3-4 times a week since Feb looking for Arcee (it's on the way home from work).  I've seen Ratchet a few times and caved on him since he "kinda" reminds me of Rod Prime's alt mode minus the wheeled legs, but no signs of the pink chick.  She's going for $25-$35 + shipping on eBay which sucks ass.  I guess TRU is getting animated Roddimus (Hot Rod) and Ironhide in the Fall so that's going to be another extreme headache. 

I sure hope the TRU SW EU wave won't be this freaking hard to track down.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1429 on: April 3, 2010, 06:58 PM »
I saw a couple of those a few weeks ago. I should have picked one up for you.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: April 5, 2010, 03:58 PM »
Anyone see the Red Rampage fig? I've been looking for that one for awhile now. Is it even out yet? If so, was it an exclusive?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: April 5, 2010, 05:22 PM »
My TRU had about four or five animated Arcee's about a month ago - I didn't really think much of it, but I should have grabbed one or two in case anyone here wanted them 'cause by the next day they were all gone.

I wasn't a fan of the Transformers: Animated line, so I hadn't really been paying attention to it...
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: April 5, 2010, 06:07 PM »
I wasn't a real big fan of Animated either, but they grew on my after awhile...a long while - even as I was still buying from the line.  I'll be just glad to finally (hopefully) have these final 3 dlx figures.  Doesn't seem like Arcee ever hit the Twin Cities, but she's still shipping so there's still hope.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1433 on: April 28, 2010, 12:08 AM »
Transformer Q&A is due Monday morning, meaning I turn them in early so Sunday night at the latest we'll be turning it in and possibly substantially earlier...  If there's anything you're curious about remember to mention it here and we'll see about turning the Q's in.

Also iFett, to your Q about expanding this, it's a possibility.  Right now I don't know, but I'd not rule it out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: April 28, 2010, 10:02 AM »
Also iFett, to your Q about expanding this, it's a possibility.  Right now I don't know, but I'd not rule it out.

Meh....I feel as though I mostly reply to myself in this thread, so it's no biggie.  This site doesn't have enough TF fans IMO.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: April 28, 2010, 10:08 AM »
Question for Hasbro: When is the "red" Rampage figure due to hit stores? (and is it and exclusive, if so, to which store?)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: May 17, 2010, 01:41 PM »
MP Grimlock up at TRU.com but out of stock.  Still a little confused on the actual price, but $59 works for me...I guess.

**edit - listing removed from website.   :-\
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 05:22 PM by iFett »

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: May 23, 2010, 11:36 AM »
My TRU finally got in a case of the exclusive Animateds (Cybertron Ratchet and Arcee) around mid-week.  There were four of each, but I left all the Ratchets behind, picking up an Arcee for myself and one for a friend.  When I went back this morning, all but one Cybertron Ratchet were gone.  Of course, there is still the ever-present Oil Slick that has been there for at least a year, but hopefully this means that they'll be getting more now that this stock is depleted.  If Hasbro were smart, they'd reship Arcee in the next exclusive case with Hot Rod and Ironhide, but again, that's if Hasbro were smart. :)

Still no sign of HA Mudflap around here, and that one's starting to worry me a bit, what with the line relaunch coming relatively soon.  It's been perpetually out of stock at HTS.com, too.   :-\

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: May 23, 2010, 12:49 PM »
...Still no sign of HA Mudflap around here, and that one's starting to worry me a bit, what with the line relaunch coming relatively soon.  It's been perpetually out of stock at HTS.com, too.   :-\

I hear ya. I check HTS daily, sometimes several times a day during the work week.

If I ever catch these on HTS, I'll buy a few and try to hook up other collectors. This is one of the last ROTF toys coming out right?
Also, still looking for the Red Rampage figure.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: May 23, 2010, 03:42 PM »
Life!  My TRU seems to have given up on restocking TFA, but I had to resort to Scum for a hookup on Arcee.

Still no sign of HA Mudflap around here, and that one's starting to worry me a bit, what with the line relaunch coming relatively soon.  It's been perpetually out of stock at HTS.com, too.   :-\

I'm worried about him as well.  He's been out for about two months or so and I haven't found him yet.  Not that this line is popular at $30 a pop so it's kind of surprising to say the least.