Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358880 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1470 on: July 16, 2010, 09:35 AM »
I'm not sure, but I think I paid around $120ish for the Pred reissue back 6-7 years ago.  Hearing that this version might be all plastic instead of having diecast which sucks for people.  Beautiful set though either way.  Wish they'd crank out some photos of Roddy already.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 16, 2010, 10:19 AM »
Tonight on Pawn Star (on the History Channel) they go to some dude house to buy a lot of old G1 Transformers. Folks might want to check it out.

I caught that the other night, and that guy's collection was pretty impressive.  I think they estimated the value at $15,000 to $20,000, which is just crazy.  Watching that guy (or reading other stories like that on the forums) and I really respect those who can just "cut the cord" and sell an entire collection like that.  I think I'd at least keep a handful of things.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 16, 2010, 10:38 AM »
I think they estimated the value at $15,000 to $20,000, which is just crazy.

Did you think that was too high of a value?  15-20k looked about perfect in my eyes for that collection.  No clue why the guy needed so many duplicates of each figure though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: July 16, 2010, 11:01 AM »
I think they estimated the value at $15,000 to $20,000, which is just crazy.

Did you think that was too high of a value?  15-20k looked about perfect in my eyes for that collection.  No clue why the guy needed so many duplicates of each figure though.

No, I didn't mean crazy in that it was too much - just that it is a lot of money, I couldn't imagine selling my "toys" and having 20 grand to show for it.  I thought it was a fair price too.  I was wondering why he had so many of everyone too, he seemed to have multiples of most of them.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1474 on: July 16, 2010, 11:49 PM »
He probably got so many dups the same way vinty SW guys wind up with them...  Buying collections and whatnot is a fast way to acquire that much good stuff.  usually guys piece that stuff back out though, to reinvest into the main collection they're trying to build.  

That's my guess anyway.  It was a really impressive collection though.

Not to go off-topic here too much, but is it just me or are the two guys on American Pickers (on after Pawn Stars I think) two of the biggest Hot Wheels (seeming) dicks you've ever seen? 

You go to a Pawn shop, and you know what you're getting into (and if you don't, you're a fool).  When two greasy douche's show up on your porch trying to screw you out of whatever's of value on your property though, that's a different game to me.  I guess I just don't care for those guys.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 11:51 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 18, 2010, 05:58 PM »
Won HA Mudflap over the weekend.  Doesn't look like he's in any upcomming assortments so I was happy to cross him off my list.  Looks like Hasbro is shipping him exclusively to Canada for some reason.   ::)

Not to go off-topic here too much, but is it just me or are the two guys on American Pickers (on after Pawn Stars I think) two of the biggest Hot Wheels (seeming) dicks you've ever seen? 

Yup and I'm sure the short guy has a huge HW collection.  Interesting show to watch though.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1476 on: July 19, 2010, 07:22 PM »
If you're still looking for the first wave of Generations (and who isn't) I suggest checking Kohl's. I scored Thrust there today. They want $15 for these, but I was lucky enough to have a 15% off coupon which brought the price more in line with normal retail.

I didn't see any new Joes or Star Wars stuff, but I bet it's on its way.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 19, 2010, 07:46 PM »
I checked Kohl's over the weekend and they had 24-28 w2 Generation dlx's.  Drift & Thrust continue to ellude me.  They had new CW & GH figs as well.  Prices were way too high and I didn't have any coupons so everything stayed.

Oh - got my 3 free figs from Hasbro today.  Dead End, Jolt, & Sideswipe.  Not a single Wheelie in the bunch so I may end up keeping these after all.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1478 on: July 27, 2010, 08:37 PM »
The Latest Q&A Round has been posted!

Feel free to check it out, and rock on Cybertron... 

Oh yeah, and post your Q's in here for next round, which is a couple weeks away.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 27, 2010, 09:33 PM »
So are these Tak/Tomy answers or just RI Hasbro answers?  I assume the latter.  Question 2 confuses me since Tak/Tomy is planning on another reissue of Predaking from a few years back with a few tweaks so it seems a no brainer for Hasbro, but it seems there's no love for over-priced exclusives at TRU for the most part.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1480 on: July 28, 2010, 03:23 PM »
Just Hasbro...  This is run through the same format(s) as all the other Hasbro brands like Marvel and GI Joe and Star Wars.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 28, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Those were some great questions for Hasbro - Jesse.  Hopefully I can throw a few out for future rounds.  Glad you guys decided to include TF/Joe/Marvel on JD for QnA.   8)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 30, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Finally scored Drift and Thrust tonight.  So happy to finally have Thrust, but some swirling and some bad paint apps so I'll need to swap him out for a better version whenever more pop up.  Buncho new generations pics out there.  Dinobot PCC's, Tracks, Grapple and many more. 

MP Rodimus is looking good so far - just not so sure about BBTS's $199 price tag   :-\

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 30, 2010, 09:07 PM »
I'm looking for a Red Rampage (Deluxe) ROTF fig. If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1484 on: July 30, 2010, 11:31 PM »
Finally scored Drift and Thrust tonight.  So happy to finally have Thrust, but some swirling and some bad paint apps so I'll need to swap him out for a better version whenever more pop up.  Buncho new generations pics out there.  Dinobot PCC's, Tracks, Grapple and many more. 

MP Rodimus is looking good so far - just not so sure about BBTS's $199 price tag   :-\

Congrats on Thrust. I also have the swirly plastic on mine, which is really only noticeable in jet mode. Oh well, it's nice to have the figure without paying import prices.

I don't like MP Rodimus' price either. If it's around $120, I might bite, because I doubt we'd see this one stateside, but that's a lot of cash at $200.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk