Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358857 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1515 on: October 9, 2010, 04:41 PM »
Found Generations Red Alert at WM yesterday, which was great. Then I went to TRU and found Rodimus Minor from the Animated series, and I thought about picking it up until I saw the $15 price tag. Ouch. I know it's an exclusive, and a mold they'll probably never get to use again, but that's a lot of coin for what ya get.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: October 11, 2010, 10:03 AM »
Red Alert kicks ass!  Been waiting for this "update" for awhile now.  Great mold.  I reached out to my tfw2005 MN bretheren finally to help me with TRU exclusives for this TFA go around.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: October 12, 2010, 11:18 PM »
How is Rodimus, if you have him? I'm really on the fence with that one.

Noticed Deluxes are down to $9 at WM, a few days after I found and paid full price for Red Alert. Hopefully it clears crap out so Dirge and Blurr hit in decent numbers.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: October 13, 2010, 01:08 PM »
He's not due out until Jan 11 according to BBTS  $199 is still a tad pricey for me so I didn't click the preorder button yet.  I did preorder the TFX-04 Protector Trailer & Sidearm for my classics Rodimus though.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: October 13, 2010, 03:59 PM »
I'm still trying to find the single carded RED Rampage. I'm nt buying the 3-pack with him. I have NO need for the extra Bumblebee or Ravage.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1520 on: November 2, 2010, 07:27 PM »
As per our front page, a New Round of Q&A was returned to us by Hasbro.  Unfortunately I forgot to remind everyone to get Q's into me, so I had to make some up on the spot abruptly yesterday afternoon!  Hell, I even forgot the Q&A was due, so we almost missed the deadline by like seriously 10 minutes. :)

Anyway, click the link to check it out.  Probably will be loathed for the 1st question, but as a Star Wars collector, I'm always looking for compatible 3.75" lines. :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 2, 2010, 07:51 PM »
Whoa...I spaced this as well.  Ya question 1 was a tad untransformerish, but still a good question.  I'll compile some lists of questions and will throw them your way soonish Jesse.  Also - could you please ask the fine folks at Hasbro where to find all of the QnA's?  Even my buds at tfw2005 can't seem to help   :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1522 on: November 2, 2010, 08:13 PM »
I'll try to remember to ask.  Are there any solid Transformer-only sites out there even?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 2, 2010, 09:52 PM »
Most definitely!

tfw2005.com
seibertron.com
tformers.com

Those are my big 3 for news, but I can't break through to anyone to reveal a complete QnA for some reason + there's a bunch of oddball sites that creeped up just like what happened with SW as of late.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 5, 2010, 05:21 PM »
Whoa...I spaced this as well.  Ya question 1 was a tad untransformerish, but still a good question.  I'll compile some lists of questions and will throw them your way soonish Jesse.  Also - could you please ask the fine folks at Hasbro where to find all of the QnA's?  Even my buds at tfw2005 can't seem to help   :-\

You know what though - I would LOVE IT if they gave us a nicely detailed Human Alliance Bumblebee w/Sam from the G1 cartoon.

I would buy that in a heart-beat.

They'll never do it though 'cause Bumblebee was just a yellow VW Bug, and that's not "cool" - but for me the nostalgia factor would be off the charts.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: November 5, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Hasbro tried to release an updated VW Bug/Beetle in the ALT line, but VW wouldn't allow them the rights to use the vehicle since they're anti-toy war robots and hate guns and kids of the 80's and stuff.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: November 26, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Finally had some luck with TF Generations stuff over the last few days.  Found Red Alert and Cybertronian Soundwave at Wal-Mart last Saturday, and found Dirge this morning at Target.  Also saw Cybertronian Cliffjumper (continuing Hasbro's trend of releasing ANY Bumblebee in red and calling it CJ) and Thunderwing (who looked like total ****).  They also had "Skullgrin" (whoever that is; it was a gray repaint of Darkmount (again, whoever that is).  First time I'd seen new Generations toys since the initial launch, if you don't count the mountain of WFC Primes and Bumblebees that came out over the last several months.

I know from Dirge's package that I haven't gotten Blurr yet, but what comes next after this wave?  A friend of mine in another state said that he'd heard of the "Reveal the Shield" Jazz showing up at Walgreens, but I thought there was at least one more wave of Generations stuff (with Kup) before that wave hit. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: November 26, 2010, 04:17 PM »
IIRC, it's Jazz and Tracks next/nowish, in the Reveal the Shield packaging, then Perceptor and Wreck-Gar after that. I'm not sure when Kup is supposed to be out. It's kind of hard to make heads or tails of the TF news sites if you don't visit every day. I didn't even know that the packaging was going to be changed for Jazz and Tracks until they showed at retail.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: November 27, 2010, 04:46 PM »
Jazz & Tracks have hit Kmart in decent numbers.  Most of the TF guys in the Twin Cities have found them...Just not me.  Looks like the rub symbols are back for "Reveal the Shield"  I guess they're $7-$8 too for some reason.

Found my spare Brave Max this morning (only took an hour) but was happy to help a local and free up some much needed space.  Really miss that guy - been 5 years since I've seen him last...

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: November 28, 2010, 04:40 PM »
And speaking of K-Mart...I wandered into our local KM for the first time in at least 2 months today and found both Tracks and Jazz.  They were, strangely enough, located in a cardboard TF display apart from the action figure aisle (similar to how a lot of new DVDs/Blu Rays are put out); this was the first time I'd seen K-Mart have anything like this in a long time, if ever.  They also had the Hailstorm and Brawn repaints (I can't remember their names), along with the Voyager class Highbrow and "Tear My Face Off" Fallen repaint.

Both Jazz and Tracks are pretty cool.  I never had the latter when I was a kid, so it's nice to have him after some 25 years of waiting.  The weird part is that the "rub signs" are a bit different than the classic style, as the logo is actually cut out (as opposed to being on a square decal with silver surrounding the actual rub sign), and it doesn't seem to work nearly as well as the old ones, either.  Even the ones that were on the 2006 Classics line worked better than these.  Either that or my body temperature is way too low.

It got me thinking, though: did anybody ever have a toy back in the G1 days that was actually a "spy" (i.e. an Autobot character with a Decepticon rubsign, or vice versa)?  I vaguely remember a TV commercial where it implied that some toys did, indeed, have the "wrong" faction logo, but I never had one that fell into this category, nor did I know anyone else who did.  Autobots were always Autobots and Decepticons were always Decepticons.