Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 358789 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1665 on: February 9, 2013, 05:51 PM »
What scale???  They are releasing Metroplex, who stands at 24"+!!!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: February 10, 2013, 11:57 PM »

Yes, what scale is the Generations line.  I want to know how they will match up with my Alternators.  Metroplex is a "Titan Class" figure I believe.  I will definitely grab him. 

Did they show any pictures of the MP Soundwave or discuss timing/price?  That is a must buy for me.   

Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: February 11, 2013, 10:14 AM »

Yes, what scale is the Generations line.  I want to know how they will match up with my Alternators.  Metroplex is a "Titan Class" figure I believe.  I will definitely grab him. 

Did they show any pictures of the MP Soundwave or discuss timing/price?  That is a must buy for me.

They had all that up in their slideshow.  I really should have had a recorder with me... and as I mentioned in another thread, my bladder was a ticking timebomb.  Sorry.

Soundwave was shown.  Looks beautiful and yes, I might buy him as well (though I have the dual cassette holder one and all of the tapes...).  But I suppose I can have one in robot mode and another in tape player/cassette mode.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: February 11, 2013, 05:14 PM »
I cannot seem to find a picture of Soundwave anywhere.  He's not in the official photos and I'm not seeing him in the presentation.  Is this basically just a rerelease of the overseas version?  Is Acid Storm just an orange repaint of the other MP Seekers?  When are these coming out?  I need more data!
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: February 11, 2013, 05:28 PM »
I don't think there were any pictures of US Soundwave, but he's expected to be a slight repaint , comes with all 5 tapes, have really nice packaging, and will be initially scalped like all the other MPs.

Acid Storm will utilize the new MP Seeker mold and will be similar to the Universe release:

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Universe-Deluxe-Figure-Storm/dp/B001DIRYO8

I believe both will be out sometime this summer..and will likely be shown at Botcon.  Can't show all the cards in your hand!
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: February 11, 2013, 05:35 PM »
Don't take this as the word, but it sounds like not all slides that were shown at the TF presentation were sent out to the forums.  I have access to it, but haven't looked at it myself.  The K-mart Star Wars 2-packs as an example of that...

I can confirm that Acid Storm will look as Mikey said. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: February 11, 2013, 06:01 PM »
Thanks Mike!  I cannot wait to nab Soundwave - easily my favorite Transformer of all time.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: April 20, 2013, 03:49 PM »
Was in WalMart this afternoon and checked the toy aisle. Was surprised to see all five members of the Fall Of Cybertron version of Bruticus - so since the only Transformers I collector are the gestalts, I had to pick them all up.

Not a bad set - the big robot looks nice. Interesting "Cybertron" themed variations on the member vehicles.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1673 on: July 1, 2013, 01:57 PM »
G1 Predaking for us US guys!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HAS22988&mode=retail

I'm happy to see it, especially since I really couldn't swing $200 or more for the last Tomy release. Hopefully they have a Devastator reissue in the works too, since $130 for that is a little steep.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: August 8, 2013, 02:32 PM »
Picked up the Generations Astrotrain and Springer figures at Target today.  They look bigger than the carded figures and great vehicle/bot modes for each.  Pretty expensive figures though at $23 each.  I was at one of the more expensive Targets in town - anyone know if these are cheaper elsewhere?

Still searching for a good chunk of the Wave 2 Micro Changers as well.  I've only found them at one Target so far - anyone having better luck elsewhere?

Last question: I missed out on the SDCC Soundwave & Cassettes pack, along with MP Acid Storm.  These are supposed to be available at TRU stores this month.  Does anyone know if there is a difference in pack or price?  I think Soundwave was $120 and Acid Storm was $75, so hoping the prices come down a bit, but we still get all of the same contents.   :P

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: August 8, 2013, 11:26 PM »
I can confirm the pricing on the Masterpiece figures.  I saw them Monday at TRU.  I don't know that there was a difference with the SDCC release?  I thought it was just an early shot at getting them but maybe something in the packaging?

I thought that the TRU store release would be the same as SDCC.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1676 on: February 20, 2014, 07:43 PM »
Another shot at Masterpiece Grimlock? Sweet!

http://www.jedidefender.com/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Conventions/Toy_Fair_2014/Hasbro/Transformers&image=DSC_0287.JPG&img=&tt=

Thanks Jeff for grabbing a pic of this. I didn't see it anywhere else, so didn't know it was coming until this went up. Now if TRU/Hasbro would see fit to reissue the Optimus Prime set, and not that Year of the Horse thing...
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: February 20, 2014, 08:00 PM »
Another shot at Masterpiece Grimlock? Sweet!

http://www.jedidefender.com/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Conventions/Toy_Fair_2014/Hasbro/Transformers&image=DSC_0287.JPG&img=&tt=

Thanks Jeff for grabbing a pic of this. I didn't see it anywhere else, so didn't know it was coming until this went up. Now if TRU/Hasbro would see fit to reissue the Optimus Prime set, and not that Year of the Horse thing...

And of course I just bought one off Ebay for $150 a few weeks ago.   ::)  Just as well...the Transformer guys around here snag that stuff up right off the truck.  I've never seen any of the MP sets except seekers at TRU. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #1678 on: February 20, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Thanks Jeff for grabbing a pic of this. I didn't see it anywhere else

Hooray, my ignorance over what is old and what is new leading to me just taking pictures of stuff I thought was cool pays off. ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1679 on: February 20, 2014, 10:58 PM »
Jeff just spun around taking photos in booths of stuff he wasn't into...  the technique worked!  :D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77