Author Topic: Say, what's your favorite warm beverage?  (Read 12394 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Say, what's your favorite warm beverage?
« Reply #61 on: February 8, 2006, 12:51 PM »
Coffee.

Irish cream in particular.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #62 on: May 9, 2007, 10:27 AM »
My big, nice, green, Sango-brand coffee mug/bowl was destroyed today, all because I had the audacity to pour some hot coffee in it.  Damn thing split right down the side, leaving me with a big mess, and without my favorite coffee cup.

What a disappointing start to the day.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #63 on: May 9, 2007, 12:05 PM »
I love hot apple cider, but being italian it usually ends up being espresso.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 9, 2007, 12:36 PM »
My big, nice, green, Sango-brand coffee mug/bowl was destroyed today, all because I had the audacity to pour some hot coffee in it.  Damn thing split right down the side, leaving me with a big mess, and without my favorite coffee cup.

What a disappointing start to the day.

Not that it'll help your Sango, but next time put a metal spoon in the cup/bowl before you pour in the hot liquid.  The metal seems to disperse/absorb some of the heat preventing that breakage.  I've been doing that since I was living at home and my mom taught it to me.  Nothing's broken since.  No idea if it's just blind luck or not, but worth a shot?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 9, 2007, 01:09 PM »
he also has to turn the kitchen lights on and off exactly 27 times before entering or exiting the room.  This keeps the meteors from destroying the planet.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 9, 2007, 03:24 PM »
Currently I like the Wild Cherry Mocha at Caribou.  I also will drink Super America's Irish Cream coffee once in a while.  Hot Chocolate is always good.  I used to like the Cinnamon/Vanilla coffee at the Citgo gas station near me, but now they no longer sell it and I have checked a few other Citgos without luck.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 9, 2007, 04:21 PM »
Oolong tea or Jasmine tea.Tea has a lot of antioxident properties,that outweigh the bad tennreic acid.Of course sometimes it all depends on what type of tea you drink
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 9, 2007, 04:48 PM »
hot chocolate :P
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #69 on: May 9, 2007, 06:48 PM »
Instant coffe in the morning

Tea during the day

Rooibos tea at night (caffeine free)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #70 on: December 6, 2007, 10:12 PM »
Believe it or not, I've been giving serious thought to bumping this thread over the last few days.  And tonight, completely coincidentally, Tracy has referenced it in a different thread, which I take as a serendipitous sign from the Lord above that it is indeed the time to bump this one up.

You see, over the last couple of days, I've found the love of my life, and her name is Chai tea.  And this isn't puppy love, or some summer fling, or some teenage crush--this is the real deal.  I am deeply in love with Chai tea.  And some of you may be saying "Matt, if you love Chai tea so much, why don't you marry it?"  All jokes aside, that is exactly what I intend to do.  In all my life, never have I tasted as delicious a concoction as Chai tea.  She's great by herself, but add in some milk and sugar, and oh my lord, it's like I've died and gone to Heaven.

Sorry, Ambrosia, there's a new nectar of the Gods in town, and her name is Chai tea.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #71 on: December 6, 2007, 10:46 PM »
Swiss Miss is my whore.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #72 on: December 8, 2007, 08:54 PM »
did you really JUST discover Chai, Matt? if so, let me be the first to welcome you to ten years ago.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #73 on: December 9, 2007, 05:12 PM »
did you really JUST discover Chai, Matt? if so, let me be the first to welcome you to ten years ago.

Yes, I really JUST discovered Chai, Carp.  What can I say?  So I'm a little behind the times.  Big deal.

But I have discovered that Chai tea goes really well with the new Arch Deluxe hamburger from McDonald's.  You guys should really give it a try.  An unlikely taste combination, yes, but one that is to die for.  You can thank me later.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: December 9, 2007, 07:29 PM »
Wash your Chai down with this...pure bliss