Author Topic: Vintage Checklist Revamp  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Vintage Checklist Revamp
« on: May 4, 2003, 01:10 AM »
The Vintage checklists at JediDefender.com have been totally revamped by our resident variation expert, Thomas Grey, and are now online for your personal use. Each checklist now has detailed notes that correspond with the specific line of figures. Click here to view the lists. Please let us know what you think, we hope you enjoy!

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vintage Checklist Revamp
« Reply #1 on: May 4, 2003, 11:58 PM »
Just some quick notes...

To the variation/error faithful at JD.com, Chris and I are currently trying to figure out the best way to post member submissions and newly discovered or recent variations brought to our attention. When this happens, I will update regularly to the new lists that I am exhausted from creating and proud of now that I see them up!

I am working on a list of resources and people that deserve credit for assisting me in creating these lists. If you have submirtted something to me, you can bet you will be on this list. I will post it and then update it as needed. Thanks for your love and desire to make the vintage as vital and important as ever!

If you have any additions, comments, questions, desputes and/or input on things we can do to improve the vintage lists, please let us know here or through email. I hope you enjoy looking through them as much as I did creating them!

This was a labor of love. The first were put up with the introduction of the site and were pretty dicey. After months of further research, clawing my way through checklist after checklist, searching out and hunting down the obscure and rarest of the rare and putting them in a tidy, neat new format (with Chris' help) I have done what I thought would never see an end. I wanted lists I was proud of and eager to show the world. Now I have them. I them the time and attention to detail they deserve. As an old-school, die-hard Star Wars fan, I am dedicated to making these as good for you as they are for me. All I need now is the winning Power Ball ticket to start crossing out items on these lists!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: May 5, 2003, 12:01 AM »
The checklists look awesome!!!  Great work!!!
dustrho

Offline Zoso

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 5, 2003, 05:21 AM »
Hi,

I 've noticed on the checklists that all the Chewbacca with green limbs references have the figure as being Taiwan.I have a green limbs Chewie made in Hong Kong but would not be able to say which cardback it came off as i acquired it loose.
Anyway just thought i'dd add that it's not just the Taiwan ones that have this variation(or affliction dependant on you're opinion ;D).
I know that you won't want(or be able to ;)) list all minor variations but it sure looks a well put together list and a nice read for sure.

Zoso.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2003, 05:26 AM by Zoso »

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: May 5, 2003, 01:10 PM »
I know, we ended up discovering that the green limbs Chewbacca is not unique to one factory after I had submitted the lists to Chris. It's pretty amazing how much I have to add and to edit a bit already...

I am looking forward to hearing anything you may have to add Zoso. I am glad you guys think they are well done!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: May 5, 2003, 01:40 PM »
Great work Thomas!   They look great and it is amazing how much variance in toys that are supposed to uniform there actually is!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 7, 2003, 10:56 AM »
Yes. Very good work Thomas.  8)