Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 59688 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Battle of Hoth Wave
« on: July 15, 2005, 09:47 PM »
They teased us by saying the Hoth wave will have a few figures not done in this scale before.  Come on man just tell us what they are!!!  I am hoping for a brown jacket Hoth soldier and maybe Derlin.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 11:57 PM by Jeff »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: VOTC and OTC Returns in 2006!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 11:44 PM »
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I like the SAGA/OTC Snowtrooper and would be ok with a rehash of it...  8)

New Hoth figures I'd like to see...

- Snowspeeder Pilot Luke
- Snowspeeder Pilot Wedge
- Snowspeeder Pilot Dak
- Snowspeeder Pilot Zev Senesca

Most likely, we might get the Luke from the above list...

I could also go for...

Toryn Farr -

Bren Derlin -

Hell, let's see this little vehicle too -

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 01:24 AM »
--Major Bren Derlin (new)

--AT-AT Driver (new)

--repacked POTJ K-3PO (white protocol droid)

--new Rebel soldier with a couple variant heads, a la Saga Endor commando

--generic Star Destroyer officers with variant heads

--new Admiral Piett, General Veers, Captain Needa, Captain Lennox, etc. etc. etc.

--Rebel troop cart. Those were in the Massassi hangar too, weren't they?

--a running paint variation snowtrooper, depicting Bacarra's troops on Mygeeto. They look to be very similar to snowtroopers, just with added burgundy coloration. Yeah so it's not ESB, but I can dream. ;D

--heck, how about rereleasing the AT-AT as long as we're at it?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 10:20 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 02:31 AM »
They teased us by saying the Hoth wave will have a few figures not done in this scale before. 

Good news. :D New figures, not re-scuplts! Derlin would be an awsome chocie, fill in the remaining Vintage gap. Clone pilots would rock as well. Also, with some figures never done before, who's to say others can't be resculps?

Come on SA Snowtrooper and a propper Veers!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ThePerennial

• Jedi Initiate
  • "..And shoot the loudmouth first!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 02:54 AM »
Looking at the pic of derlin always reminds me of "Cheers".

"The hidden rebel base: Where everybody knows your naaaame! I'nd they're always glad you caaaame!"

I think maybe we need a commander Ted Danson, too. :P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2005, 03:02 AM »
In fact, the Derlin card in the old Decipher CCG mentioned that at the Mos Eisley Cantina, everybody knows his name. ;D
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2005, 07:51 AM »
I think we're going to finally get a good Snowspeeder Luke with good articulation, and a removable helmet.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2005, 09:38 AM »
Well, it obviously seems that Derlin is the number one choice (and rightfully so) for the Hoth wave.  If he is in fact made, I wonder if he'll come with snow cones?  He makes them himself, you know.  ;)

(Sorry, everyone else was making the obvious joke so I went with one a little more obscure)

As for what I would like to see, I think a resculpted Hoth Leia would be great, although it probably won't happen since there is already a Leia in the Carkoon wave.  A new 2-1B wouldn't be so bad, and have a running change so he can be Vader's Medical Droid from ROTS while they're at it.  A resculpted Admiral Piett is sorely needed, since the POTF2 one sucks when compared with the more recent Imperial commanders.  And needless to say, a SA Hoth Rebel Soldier would be very welcome.

As for the repacks (of which you know there will be at least three, since that seems to be the trend here), I suspect that the Saga Hoth Luke, OTC Hoth Vader, and General Riekkan will be making return appearances. 

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2005, 09:57 AM »
A resculpted Admiral Piett is sorely needed, since the POTF2 one sucks when compared with the more recent Imperial commanders. 

>:( Bah, he's better than that angular cut arms dealy.

I'm excited about this wave though...it hopefully we'll get Imperials along with Rebels.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2005, 12:17 PM »
I am thinking it will be:

Derlin
SA Snow Trooper
Rebel Snow Trooper with variants
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 12:58 PM »
Wow, lotsa speculation...

I gotta disagree in that I would NOT be happy with a re-release of the Saga Snowtrooper.  That figure wasn't much of an evolutionary step forwards over his POTF2 counterpart.  The sculpt was slightly more crisp, and he did have a holster, but his articulation they added was pretty much useless, and he had a wonky pose.  He's a rough looking army builder, most noticeable when there's 2 of him together.  They just don't look right...  Not to mention he does sport the officer's bars too, which are small details but still one more thing making him less than ideal army builder fodder.

I'm of the opinion that anything in Imperial/Clone armor should be done a-new with the super articulation treatment.  Snowtroopers and Scout Troopers are on top of that list for me though, as a classic film fan (plus repaints of prequal Clones are easily doable for both sculpts), but also because I think that both those "characters" have gotten the shaft.

The POTJ Scout simply blows...  His goofy pose, his lacking articulation, his pinhead...  He blows.  And the Snowtrooper's POTF2 incarnation is at least neutrally sculpted, but he and the Saga figure are both sub-par.

I'm not expecting it, but my ideal Hoth wave (if they're only in 3's) would be:

-Major Derlin (Toryn Farr a close runner-up though)

-Super Articulated Hoth Rebel...  Like the Snowtrooper, the Rebel figures have all sucked terribly.  The only one close to ok has been the Deluxe one and he's weak these days.  Gimme an all-new figure here, tons of articulation, proper scale, softgoods scarf...  I'd dig it.

-Super Articulated Snowtrooper...  Softgoods mask and skirt.  I'd be broke if this guy came out.  I'd have to live off raimen noodle soup just to afford my army. :)

Others I'd like...  Veers w/removable armor, hat, helmet, and belt.  Torryn Farr (like mentioned).  NEW Hoth Han Solo (good articulation and pose, removable hood/hat).  Brown Vested Rebel Officer (Vintage resculpt).  Snowspeeder Luke.  Snowspeeder Wedge.  Snowspeeder Dak.  Snowspeeder Hobbie.  Snowspeeder Zev.  (Hell, do one figure, then just do a pack of the Snowspeeder pilots called the Rogue Squadron Battle Pack :) )

Figures I know I DON'T want though?

Hoth Vader, Hoth Chewie, Probot, an astromech (with the EE packs, I'm ok on these for a while), or a repackage of any of the figures I listed that I do want.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2005, 03:22 PM »
they NEED To stop putting all the main characters into these packs.

too many vader's
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2005, 05:30 PM »
Yeah. An SA Hoth Rebel would be a good idea for them because it could be painted at least two (three?) differnt ways.  My money is still on Luke.  And he'll come with the grappling gun.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2005, 09:47 PM »
Battle Of Hoth, hmmm?  I'll go with 4 figures since that tended to be the average wave size during SAGA Gold.

-Luke Skywalker - Snowspeeder Pilot w/ removable helmet, lightsaber, blaster/holster, grappling line & mine
-AT-AT Driver resculpt (along the lines of the SAGA TIE Pilot)
-R5-M2 - Echo Base astromech
-Hoth Rebel Officer - Gotta fill that hole in the vintage line!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2005, 10:07 PM »
^^ I like that idea, especially the AT-AT Pilot. He needs a newer sculpt with "updated" articulation. However, I'd replace the Astromech with either an SA Snowtrooper or SA Hoth Soldier. Both are overdue for awesome SA versions.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks