Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 59820 times)

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2005, 12:27 PM »
I would love to see a Holo Vader as well. :)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2005, 03:40 PM »
My only gripe with a Holo Vader is that he's tiny when he is holographic in the movies.  I actually am looking forward to, hopefully, his mini-holo figure.  I have a holo mini of him a buddy made for me and it's been alongside my POTF2 Veers for a while. :)  Pretty cool little guy.

A full size holo Vader I'd take though, but if I only ever got a mini holo one with Veers I'd be completely happy.

Hmmm, that makes me wonder...  If there is a mini-holo Vader amidst the mini holo figures, and if they're mixed in randomly, will Veers with Mini Holo Vader be the ultimate variation on that figure that people want?  :) 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 20, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Hmmm, that makes me wonder...  If there is a mini-holo Vader amidst the mini holo figures, and if they're mixed in randomly, will Veers with Mini Holo Vader be the ultimate variation on that figure that people want?  :) 

Quit wondering.... ::), that's a duh!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 20, 2005, 07:20 PM »
I still don't think even Hasbro is boneheaded enough to randomly mix the mini holos. That would just be ... ****** in the head. More than likely it'll be the same figure in mini form.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2005, 07:58 PM »
No, what will happen is mini Holo Vader will only come with that Vader repack, and we'll all be suckered into buying it.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2005, 08:05 PM »
Well that's what I meant (unclear phrasing I admit)--each figure will be packed with an identical miniature version of itself. But you're right, I didn't think what that would mean for figures like Vader/holo Vader.... :-\ If Veers is not packed with mini Vader there will be a huge outcry ....

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2005, 08:12 PM »
:-\ If Veers is not packed with mini Vader there will be a huge outcry ....

Yes. I invision there will be riots in the streets and mass hysteria.  :P

Offline Mr.el lucco

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2005, 09:02 PM »
I just want more jedi,clones and sith or cis i want more empire also.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2005, 09:41 PM »
Veers and Cliff Clavin are really growing on me....but the ATAT driver is the goods.....I wish he did not have the cross cut elbows....those things are USELESS.  If they don't have swivel wrists, there really is NO point in even articulating the elbows.....

That being said I'll reiterate the fact that I'll buy most of em....anything OT these days beats anything that is PT Pegwarming these days....

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #99 on: October 21, 2005, 02:08 AM »
I like the Artoo, just for the fact that it appears to be a repaint of the Sneak Preview R4-G9 sculpt, and not a rehash of the VOTC version. 

Don't care for the VOTC version at all, compared to the (far-superior) Sneak Preview model. 

I actually wanted an Artoo made out of the R4-G9 version so much, that I attempted to repaint one, and I have all the figure-painting skills of a drunken goat.  Needless to say, it did not turn out well.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #100 on: October 21, 2005, 04:42 AM »
I'm actually kind of interested in R2 as well.  Just because I like the SP body so much.  And I wonder what holo fig he'll come with?  Leia?  Wouldn't that be neat.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 21, 2005, 10:08 AM »
You know, for as bad an idea as the kit bashed snowtrooper is, it's enough of a gimick to get me to one open.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2005, 10:26 AM »
You know, for as bad an idea as the kit bashed snowtrooper is, it's enough of a gimick to get me to one open.

Me too.   :-[

At first, I was just buying Veers, Derlin, AT-AT Driver, and Gonk.  But with the info that R2 is most likely the RotS SP Sculpt and the Snowtrooper is a new/kitbash figure, I'll most likely need to buy openers for those two. 

Now all they have to do now is announce that Vader comes with a Holo Emperor "Head" ("What is thy Bidding my Master?") and announce that Rieekan comes with WED-1016 (an Echo Base Treadwell Droid) and I'll be hooked on buying those two too...  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 21, 2005, 10:30 AM »
At first, I was just buying Veers, Derlin, AT-AT Driver, and Gonk.  But with the info that R2 is most likely the RotS SP Sculpt and the Snowtrooper is a new/kitbash figure, I'll most likely need to buy openers for those two.

Yeah, since I read that the R2 might be using the ROTS SP sculpt, I think I'll have to pick one up too.  That was just a great astromech sculpt, and could make for a real nice R2.  I'll probably have to get a snowtrooper or two also, since the only one I have is one of the Saga version.  Still holding out for a new sculpt/SA one before I build too much of an army though.  Otherwise, I'll plan on getting the rest of the "new" figures, skipping Rieekan, and we'll see about Vader.

Offline blaster_e11

• Jedi Initiate
  • Charming to the last
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #104 on: October 21, 2005, 11:36 AM »
i'll see if those are sold here otherwise i'll rely on the Internet

i plan to get the veers naturally (thanks hasbro for making one with so many removable accessories); derlin is cool looking too (even if i'm not a rebel army builder), and maybe the ATAT driver and the GONK droid

"Wars don't make one great"