Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 60223 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #165 on: January 5, 2006, 10:40 AM »
I got to see Veers, Snowtrooper, Power droid, Vader and R2 first hand last night

Ha ha!  It sounds like an exalted gracious scalper granted us peeons permission to see these great rare precious items.

I've talked to the guy before. Although I would consider him a scalper, he does get his stuff direct from a Hasbro source and although $15 is rediculous, I've seen much worse. It's weird, when the stuff is bought from the store and marked up, it irks me much more that when stuff is obtained from other sources. ???

Jon, yes, it was Big Lou's. 8) 
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 5, 2006, 01:04 PM »
Did they still have 3 spacetroopers from EU there? Was that the booth your buddy runs?

Offline Clone On Fire

• Youngling
  • Blaze of Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 5, 2006, 05:26 PM »
About this Walmart vs. Target thing, I guess I do notice a slight difference in the clientel on average, Target seems to be a bit cleaner pehaps.  But Walmart's figs are $1.10 cheaper, so they win.  I'll only buy a figure at Target if I can't find it at Walmart.
They cannot conquer forever!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 6, 2006, 09:58 AM »
Did they still have 3 spacetroopers from EU there? Was that the booth your buddy runs?

It's the case on the far end opposite the front door, middle isle. Didn't notice any EU troopers.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 10, 2006, 09:28 PM »
And they are found!!!!

Rebel Scum says that somebody has found the hoth wave.
They even have pics up!
Clone Commander Appo.

SilverZ

« Reply #170 on: January 11, 2006, 02:35 AM »
The Carkoon wave hasn't even had a chance to sit for even a moment. If this pace keeps up it's going to be a brutal year.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #171 on: January 11, 2006, 02:37 AM »
Jebus. I have yet to see a single TSC figure and the Hoth wave is hitting? I'm screwed this year.
"This is the way."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #172 on: January 11, 2006, 02:42 AM »
I haven't seen Carkoon wave yet.  Just Bib and a Barada my mother picked up for me...  I'm still looking for 2 Fett's for my gf's kids, and all the others from that wave and now Hoth to deal with...   ::)  Thanks retail.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #173 on: January 11, 2006, 04:43 AM »
This is the real litmus test: will Hoth figs sit at $7?  Will enough them ship for us to know?  Will Darb break down and give in to Target's insanity for an AT AT Driver?

Hoth wave: it separates the Spuffies from the real collectors.   ;)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #174 on: January 11, 2006, 04:56 AM »
I actually would break at the $7 pricepoint for some of the Hoth figs...  Not the Carkoon wave though, save perhaps Leia.  I refused Bib at $7, and Han I'd do the same.  The Hoth Wave I'd probably refuse most save for either Veers or the AT-AT Driver but I bet I wouldn't buy both.  $7's so pricey...  It really does make me rethink where I'm spending.  I used to not be that way but I have to be stricter with my spending if Hasbro's going to be so dickish with pricing.

Same goes for other areas of my life though...  gas goes up, I go where it's cheapest.  I love this one gas station, but I'm now turning to others due to prices.  Gas has skyrocketed here quickly so I'm trying to get it at the grocery store where it's cheaper due to shopping incentives. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 11, 2006, 09:24 AM »
I stick to both Wal-Mart and Target and sometimes Toys R Us.  I just buy from whomever has the figures.  If I see a tact ops trooper at Target I won't just let it sit there and wait to see if Wal-Mart has it for $1 less.  Now if it's just general figures that are readily available I may wait. 

I actually passed up on Bib, Leia, and Han the other day because of the $7 price point.  I just did not want to spend $7 for any of them.  I think it's because I have all 3 versions from previous lines.  So, maybe I will shop around for those. 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 11, 2006, 09:37 AM »
Where were they found? Also, what country? Who's reporting? There was a big deal when the Carkon wave first hit because people found them in Canada and neglected to pass along that info. There were lot's of false reports too, even with pictures.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2006, 09:56 AM »
Where were they found? Also, what country?

I've seen reports on the 'net from folks in Indiana and Washington, both reports were bought at Target.

Also, this AM I had an e-mail from a guy in Illinois who claims to have found them at a local Target as well, but he offered no pictures to support his claim.

That's enough for me to start thinking about looking for them...  ;)

edit:
more reports, this time from South Dakota and Oklahoma...  something is definitely afoot!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 11:25 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 11, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Yeah, it's pretty irrefutable evidence. :P

At this rate the '06 line will be wrapped up by April.

SilverZ

« Reply #179 on: January 11, 2006, 01:39 PM »
And pegs across the country will be choking on dusty Bib Fortunas, General Reikeen, and Poggle the Lesser figures.