Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 59825 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #180 on: January 11, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Found them today at a local Walmart.  The AT-AT drivers were gone, but I was able to get two Snowtroopers, two Derlins, one Vader, one Gonk and one Veers.  Only had a chance to open a Snowtrooper and Derlin so far, the Derlin is pretty nice.  I am satisfied with the Snowtrooper too, but SA would have been a lot better.  I think they are saving that for a 2007 VOTC release, or some sort of Evolutions pack with a Galactic Marine.

:P

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 11, 2006, 02:58 PM »
Great finds Chewie!

Does anyone know if NewForce will pre-sell the Carkoon and/or Hoth cases?

EE.com is too pricey and I like to support the little guys!   8)

This year I'm going to try ordering everything online and selling the extras here.  I think I'll actually save $$ when you add up my time and gas.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2006, 03:03 PM »
Aww… the hunt is half the fun… ;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #183 on: January 11, 2006, 03:07 PM »

EE is too pricey?  Not this time around...

Target/TRU = $7.44 each ($6.99 plus tax)
EE = $7.45 each ($89.44 with shipping for a case of 12)

Looks pretty much the same to me!   EE is techinically cheaper if you figure in the gas you waste searching Target/TRU while the EE figures are bought to your door.    :P

Seriously though, last I heard from Rick at NewForce was that they were holding off on the first two waves initially.  They do have the Geonosis wave up right now though...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 11, 2006, 03:22 PM »
I stopped by Wal-Mart after lunch today after hearing these were showing up, and they had them at our local store too.  I was able to pick up Derlin, Veers, Gonk, Snowtrooper, and 2x AT-AT Drivers.  I was tempted to pick up extras of the Snowtroopers as well (and maybe even Derlin or Veers), but money is tight right now so I just got an extra AT-AT for now.  The Vader and R2 from this wave weren't on the pegs, but they had at least two of the rest.  The Carkoon wave that I found last week was completely gone, as I figure these will be soon as well.  Target's pegs were still empty, and I have yet to see a basic figure from 2006 there at all...although I could have missed them.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 11, 2006, 04:22 PM »

EE is too pricey?  Not this time around...

Target/TRU = $7.44 each ($6.99 plus tax)
EE = $7.45 each ($89.44 with shipping for a case of 12)

Looks pretty much the same to me!   EE is techinically cheaper if you figure in the gas you waste searching Target/TRU while the EE figures are bought to your door.    :P

Seriously though, last I heard from Rick at NewForce was that they were holding off on the first two waves initially.  They do have the Geonosis wave up right now though...

But Rick is $8 cheaper per case - therefore beating everybody but Wal-Mart! 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 11, 2006, 05:47 PM »
Where were they found? Also, what country? Who's reporting? There was a big deal when the Carkon wave first hit because people found them in Canada and neglected to pass along that info. There were lot's of false reports too, even with pictures.

I live in the Phoenix, AZ area.  I found mine at a Target in Mesa.  Although the others have found them in various retail chains around this area.  Basically this whole area is covered by Targets, Wal-Marts, Toys R Us, etc.  It's much easier to find stuff obviously...initially anyway. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2006, 11:58 PM »
Found these tonight too, and they were just too good to resist. I noticed they were all there except Rieekan, which I thought was weird.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2006, 12:14 AM »
I got the only Riekeen - mu ha ha ha!  Actually there was only one Vader, too, which I thought was more weird.  But then we're getting an avalance of him in the Coruscant wave (which will be out in what, March?  Next week?)   ::)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2006, 12:19 AM »
I was one of the dolts who paid $10 for him back in 2004, so I didn't need the "new" one.  ;)

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 12, 2006, 04:34 AM »
The new wave looks great..love the veers, atat driver. Picked them up tonite(full set)(saw about 8 cases total) at WM. SC's in da' house!!!!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #191 on: January 12, 2006, 04:56 AM »
Yeah, definitely the best looking wave in a long time.  The backdrops look perfect with the black and silver.  Makes me wish I was a carded collector... almost.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 12, 2006, 10:19 AM »
Found these tonight too, and they were just too good to resist. I noticed they were all there except Rieekan, which I thought was weird.

Wow, good for you and Spuffy!

I've yet to find any new TSC stuff - did you find them at WM?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 12, 2006, 10:20 AM »
Yeah, definitely the best looking wave in a long time.  The backdrops look perfect with the black and silver.  Makes me wish I was a carded collector... almost.

Yeah, I thought this was a great looking wave overall too.  I've always been a fan of the whole Hoth sequence, and these figures (especially the new ones) are all very well done.  Speaking of the backdrops, I really like this new packaging.  Very OTC-esque, and I really like the black/silver scheme.  I haven't opened a single 2006 figure yet, just looking at them in the packaging.  They will be opened eventually though, but they look nice all grouped together for now.  Definitely keeping these cardbacks though.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 12, 2006, 01:08 PM »

Wow, good for you and Spuffy!

I've yet to find any new TSC stuff - did you find them at WM?

Yup. They're at both local WMs, so there might be a couple left. CF WM has both current waves, while Lootown only has the Hoth wave.