Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 60304 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2006, 12:54 PM »
Now that I've gotten the Hoth wave, I have to say that I think the AT-AT driver is the best figure by far! Simply great.

Veers and Derlin are my next favorates. Veers gets some negative points for the lack of the back plate, and Derlin for the tiny blaster which isn't even made for his hand.

The Power Droid is great for what I would call a kit bash, and I think the accessories give R2 and edge of the other straight repacks, Vader and Reekin.

I rank the snowtrooper at the bottom, there's just no reason to use POTF2 parts anymore, and he's yet another officer.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2006, 10:14 PM »
so is it confirmed that vader is a 100% straight re-pack? no subtle paint app differences or anything else? from some of the previous posts this seems to be the case. what abot the reeken and R-2 figures. any paint app differences on either of those? how about the accesories that come with R-2. are they any different paint-wise than when they were packed in with the luke x-wing vehicle a couple years ago? just wondering because all my older stuff is packed away right mow. thanks.

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2006, 10:24 PM »
so is it confirmed that vader is a 100% straight re-pack? no subtle paint app differences or anything else? from some of the previous posts this seems to be the case. what abot the reeken and R-2 figures. any paint app differences on either of those? how about the accesories that come with R-2. are they any different paint-wise than when they were packed in with the luke x-wing vehicle a couple years ago? just wondering because all my older stuff is packed away right mow. thanks.

I didn't open Vader, but it appears the cape is different, or at least it looks different, it is real tight around his neck, looks like a choker, other than that, looks like a repack to me.  Rieekan is the exact same one as was in the Deluxe pack, that's why I left him hanging on the pegs, they could of at least put his head on the Derlin Body.  The R2 is the VOTC R2 with some tan wash, pack-ins are the same that came with the X-wing except all grey. 

Since Hasbro re-packed a VOTC R2 for us, for a 4 bucks less, I am kind of hoping they decide to give us a few more VOTC figures repacked, like the Stormtrooper...but I am not holding my breath on that one...

SilverZ

« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2006, 11:56 PM »
Unfortunately there are subtle paint detail differences in Vader and Rieekan. I passed on openers of these two this morning and wonder if it was a mistake for completeness sake.

Vader's shoulder armour uses a much darker grey color instead of the loud silver from the 500th release. I can't tell for sure if the cape is actually different but it looked tightly connected to my eyes as well.

Rieeken is odd. There are no changes but the colors of the paint are definitely different. The shoulder brown is darker on the new one, and the fleshtone of the head plastic is lighter. The glove paint is also more tan than the Deluxe version.

All very pointless, but it means I need to pick them up if I want to take loose pictures of these guys. They're not the same as the earlier releases, technically. Plus, since the stands all are labeled specifically for the character, technically a loose collection wouldn't be complete without opening up these repacks... Colman and I are screwed. :)

I put up some shots of the figures in this wave here in the Image Database TSC section .
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 11:59 PM by Jared »

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2006, 12:43 PM »
My Vader's cape is loose, very similiar to the 500th Vader. I agree on the grey/silver issue. I passed on the deluxe Reiken because of price for a figure that should have been a carded release to begin with (IMO), so I have him. I do agree, I like having the name on the base but I did pass on figures like the Snowtrooper because I have no need for this one. If I want an officer, I can paint an extra Saga Snowtrooper. Bad figure, might be the worse release so far in the line (IMO).
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline exjedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • exjedi.com
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2006, 08:49 PM »
I do agree, I like having the name on the base but I did pass on figures like the Snowtrooper because I have no need for this one. If I want an officer, I can paint an extra Saga Snowtrooper. Bad figure, might be the worse release so far in the line (IMO).

This Snowtrooper is a pretty weak attempt by Hasbro, combining 2 average figures into 1 that still sucks.  I am still holding out hope for a VOTC style Snowtrooper and Royal Guard.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2006, 09:31 PM »
I do agree, I like having the name on the base but I did pass on figures like the Snowtrooper because I have no need for this one. If I want an officer, I can paint an extra Saga Snowtrooper. Bad figure, might be the worse release so far in the line (IMO).

This Snowtrooper is a pretty weak attempt by Hasbro, combining 2 average figures into 1 that still sucks.  I am still holding out hope for a VOTC style Snowtrooper and Royal Guard.

Yeah I'm not going to go too crazy army building this one because there is a VOTC snowie rumored to be on the horizon.  But had Hasbro just made the arms articulated at the wrist and elbow, this one would be fine.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2006, 12:27 PM »

Yeah I'm not going to go too crazy army building this one because there is a VOTC snowie rumored to be on the horizon. 

Really? I've not heard that one yet. :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline hansolo_506

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2006, 05:42 PM »
JED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEHEHEHEHEHEEH... I think we have all pictured this since the first pics of Clif..er..Bren started appearing.

How's life treatin' you, Mr. Porkins?
Alright, I guess, Woody.. just seems like I keep getting shot down all the time.
Don't curse in your signature.

-c.berry

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2006, 07:29 PM »
LOL! That was some great stuff han!

I just picked up Major Derlin and General Veers and I'm overall happy with the figures, although not happy at the $6.99 Target price. :( I was ecstatic to see that both figures have working holsters and that the detail is well done. While I am always for more articulation, these figures aren't hurt by the lack of ball joints. I am a bit disappointed though in the head of Veers, it looks like a younger version of the General (would make for good generic imperial customs though) and the hat makes it really hard for the helmet to go on just right. Nonetheless, these were two solid pickups for my first foray into the TSC line.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2006, 06:07 PM »
Still haven't found this wave.  :-[ It's the Tarkin wave all over again.  :-[

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2006, 06:53 PM »
Still haven't found this wave.  :-[ It's the Tarkin wave all over again.  :-[

I guess you gotta be really persistent... I did see them today at Target (no AT-AT drivers though).  Gotta spend way too much time on toy runs maybe, or order online.

:P

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #222 on: January 18, 2006, 08:03 PM »
C'mon, these have barely hit.  If you can't find them in three months, then start complaining.  I've been collecting since 1995, and I have seen every carded figure hasbro has every released (except 2) on the pegs.  I may have only seen a figure once, or a year after it initially came out, but I did find them.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 18, 2006, 08:16 PM »
C'mon, these have barely hit.  If you can't find them in three months, then start complaining.  I've been collecting since 1995, and I have seen every carded figure hasbro has every released (except 2) on the pegs.  I may have only seen a figure once, or a year after it initially came out, but I did find them.

That doesn't mean everyone else does.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 18, 2006, 08:47 PM »

That doesn't mean everyone else does.

Kevin

No, that's true, but really, online etailers don't even have these for shipping yet.  It might be a tad early to worry about them.  Besides, they're at the start of the shipment rather than at the end (eg. last 12 from ROTS) so they won't be tough.  Patience.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.