Author Topic: Battle of Hoth Wave  (Read 59685 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of Hoth Wave
« Reply #315 on: March 10, 2006, 01:36 PM »
Remarkably we've seen very little of this wave.  Yet Rieekan, Veers and Derlin are all seriously peg warming already.  It's kind of bizarre, to be honest.  I'd think Veers cool because you can have two versions pretty easily that look reasonably different enough.  Derlin's fine, though you'd only need one, but at least it's another Hoth officer of sorts and a totally new figure.  Rieekan makes sense, no doubt, given we still have deluxe on the pegs here.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 11, 2006, 07:48 AM »
I ran into some of these yesterday, and I had to get another AT-AT driver. The repack waves I have seen listed do not include figures from this wave, except the UGH silver AT-AT driver and the hoth Vader we will all be swimming in by Thanksgiving. Things are always subject to change, but I would suggest grabbing a set if you see them. They are worthy of hanging carded next to the 2004 OTC set.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 1, 2006, 10:50 AM »
I was just looking at R2 again, and noticed that the cardback scene has C-3PO talking to him in the corrdior, but he has been effected out! A cool way to make the figure and the cardback work together- nice touch Hasbro! Now if I could just find these galactic hunt figures without driving my truck in to the ground...

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 1, 2006, 07:01 PM »
I was just looking at R2 again, and noticed that the cardback scene has C-3PO talking to him in the corrdior, but he has been effected out! A cool way to make the figure and the cardback work together- nice touch Hasbro! Now if I could just find these galactic hunt figures without driving my truck in to the ground...

Yeah, I enjoyed that little detail, too! ;D

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 5, 2006, 09:15 AM »
OK, I applaud Hasbro for continuing to ship Vader for the kiddies and being that I have multiples from my Coruscant and Hoth cases, I decided to open one of the Vaders for Junior. 

What a mistake that was. 

First of all, the helmet does not stay on, it is pointless.  Secondly, his hands are not designed to hold the lightsaber! 

My son is constantly coming to me to help him put the helmet back on and somehow fit the saber into his hand(s).

If you're going to put a Vader on the pegs for the kiddies, please make sure it has some play value and does not irritate the hell out of the child and parent!

>:(
« Last Edit: April 5, 2006, 09:15 AM by ruiner »

SilverZ

« Reply #320 on: April 5, 2006, 04:38 PM »
If you're going to put a Vader on the pegs for the kiddies, please make sure it has some play value and does not irritate the hell out of the child and parent!

>:(

Well put. I find it funny that Hasbro constantly harps on the notion that their SW products are intended for children, but when you see their product in action with their supposed intended audience, it's just not kid friendly. Whoops. All they needed to do was repackage the Evo Vader and that would have been avoided. Ugh.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 14, 2006, 05:27 PM »
Digging up this oldie but goodie.  I've been seeing more refresh figures from the Battle of Hoth wave recently.  It had been mostly R2-D2, the Power Droid and AT-AT Drivers.  But today I started seeing some more of General Veers with the red hologram.  Strange.  I hadn't seen this figure in a while, and oddly enough with all of the pegwarming Moff Jerjerrods out there, General Veers looks a lot better now.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 15, 2006, 12:10 PM »
I've noticed the comeback as well. I'm debating on whether or not to pick up some move Veers' for customizing.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 15, 2006, 02:29 PM »
I've noticed the comeback as well. I'm debating on whether or not to pick up some move Veers' for customizing.

The Hoth wave has been clogging pegs for months here in the DC area......   I guess now that it's Winter, they figure that reshipping the Hoth wave is appropriate?
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 15, 2006, 08:42 PM »
at target i saw veers today, for the first time since january (seriously). there was one left.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 15, 2006, 11:53 PM »
I think Derlin is one of the most underrated figures ever.  I'm shocked at how much he pegwarmed.  I bought 4 of him and headswapped 2 to make a couple of hatless Rebel officers inside the control room.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 16, 2006, 12:11 PM »
I think Derlin is one of the most underrated figures ever.  I'm shocked at how much he pegwarmed.  I bought 4 of him and headswapped 2 to make a couple of hatless Rebel officers inside the control room.

yeah, he is a pretty good fig. however on the pegs he is gone in my area
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 17, 2006, 03:11 AM »
R2s are gone, but I saw a couple Power Droidsfor the first time, I passed, I didn't have any money on me.....Oops. :-X
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 17, 2006, 12:02 PM »
R2s are gone, but I saw a couple Power Droidsfor the first time, I passed, I didn't have any money on me.....Oops. :-X

in my neck of the woods, power droids are pegwarming, oddly enough. i just may have to clear some out.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 17, 2006, 12:20 PM »
i have only seen the power droid twice. he was pretty rare at my local storres
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: