Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125388 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2008, 08:23 PM »
So has anyone seen the new Wii Light Sword at Sam's Club yet? You get two light swords for the Wii remote for I believe $25. One in red and in blue. When you turn it on, 22 ultra bright leds "extend the blade" just like the master replicas lightsabers do.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2008, 09:32 PM »
So tomorrow i will be goingt o Sam's club.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 16, 2008, 01:39 AM »
I bought NCAA Football 09 for the Wii today thinking it would be as good as Madden 08 on Wii... I must say it was probably one of the stupidest things I've ever done. The Wii version is horrible. Within an hour I traded it for the PS2 version at GameStop.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 21, 2008, 02:47 PM »
It sounds like the Wii is now the #1 selling console in the United States, at least of the "next gen" systems.  More info at the linky.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 02:48 PM by Brian »

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 21, 2008, 04:33 PM »
My wife went to Sam's Club today.  She made no mention of any Wii Sabers.  Damn.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 21, 2008, 05:58 PM »
This is the first time I've found a Wii a Target. Picked it up. It will be replacing my Dreamcast and possibly the ps2 soon.  ;D ;D

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2008, 11:33 AM »
Just a quick question for the Wii owners out there (or anyone else I guess), is Mario Kart a really tough find in your area?  We haven't been necessarily looking to buy instantly, but I know my wife sort of wants this game and I've been keeping an eye out to grab it for her birthday next month - just if I happen to find it.  It seems to be sold out everywhere here, and I haven't seen one in a long time.  Just curious if anyone else was still seeing this problem or not.  I know that it was a pretty hot game when released, but I wasn't sure if it was a consistent sell-out nationwide at this point.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2008, 11:49 AM »
Yeah its a quick sellout...mornings at Wally or Target seem to be when I see it

I myself have been looking for Wii Fit for like 6 weeks now...no dice :-[

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2008, 11:57 AM »
Yeah its a quick sellout...mornings at Wally or Target seem to be when I see it

I myself have been looking for Wii Fit for like 6 weeks now...no dice :-[

Yeah, the Wii Fit seems to be sold out quickly around here too.  I saw a sign at our TRU yesterday saying that they would have more this Sunday, but I think they sell out pretty quickly.  My father-in-law said he saw one at a WM in their area and was going to pick it up for my wife for her b-day, so we'll see.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2008, 12:09 PM »
It took my wife a long time to try and get Wii Fit.  It sold out quickly for sure.  I got Mario Kart during a midnight release (sucker) so I haven't really gone looking to see if it sells out fast.  I can tell you that it is a blast to play so I hope you find it soon!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2008, 05:32 PM »
Took me 4 months to find Mario Kart (stumbled upon it with a bunch of Wii Fits and Wii consoles during a mid-day restock 2 weeks ago). Definately one of those games you have to be in the right place at the right time to find because everyone is using the same lame "factory problems = 10 copies sent every other week to random stores in the area" excuse.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #281 on: September 9, 2008, 12:30 PM »
Finally after weeks and weeks of searching I was able to get a Wii Fit today..whew

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #282 on: September 9, 2008, 10:55 PM »
I picked up Mario Super Sluggers the other day.  I *loved* the Superstar Baseball for the Gamecube and figured this would be a good follow-up.  Unfortunately, I'm drastically disappointed in it.  What I loved about the GC version was the Challenge play - you pick a team, you find new players and most importantly you actually play games.  Unless something has completely passed me by, all you do in Super Slugger's challenge play is run around, do short challenges to pick up players, play a 3-inning game against Bowser Jr, then play Bowser for five innings to win the Challenge.  Wow.  :|  Not only were the two ballgames sickingly easy (I beat Jr. 23-0), I can't believe that you don't actually play more traditional baseball games in Challenge mode.  The minigames and short challenges don't have a lot of appeal once you've done a couple of them. 

John

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 10, 2008, 09:36 AM »
So it sounds like Nintendo has the same distribution problems as Hasbro. I've never seen a Wii fit for sale but have seen Mario Kart. This makes me wonder if I should reserve a copy of the Force Unleased.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #284 on: September 11, 2008, 05:52 PM »
So it sounds like Nintendo has the same distribution problems as Hasbro. I've never seen a Wii fit for sale but have seen Mario Kart. This makes me wonder if I should reserve a copy of the Force Unleased.

Is Force Unleashed exclusive to the Wii the way that Mario Kart and Wii Fit are?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."