Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125390 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #285 on: September 12, 2008, 09:45 AM »
I guess that answers the question. No.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 6, 2008, 12:06 PM »
This might be older news to some, but I just heard/read this weekend that a new version of Punch Out is coming to the Wii.  Obviously, I'm sure Iron Mike won't be included, but kind of neat to hear that its on the way.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 6, 2008, 12:21 PM »
I wonder if there will be boxing gloves with the wii remote embedded inside.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #288 on: October 6, 2008, 01:40 PM »
I suppose they're going to remove all the racial stereotypes in the new one.  No more Piston Honda or Great Tiger.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 3, 2008, 02:44 PM »
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is there a website or other source that gives you an idea of which games (and when) are going to get the "Greatest Hit" tag (and $19.99 pricepoint).  There are a couple of older Wii games we've been wanting to pick up, but I'm kind of waiting to see if that happens (Marvel: Ultimate Alliance in particular right now).  I noticed while looking through TRU.com that LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga must have hit that now as they had it listed for $19.99, two months after we paid $50 for it :).  Anyways, just curious if there was a source for that information anywhere.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #290 on: November 3, 2008, 03:13 PM »
From Nintendo Player's Choice @ Wikipedia:

In the United States and Europe, Nintendo introduced the label in 1996 for both the Super Nintendo Entertainment System and the Game Boy, and later applied it to the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Advance, to distinguish titles that have sold over one million copies. The label is also applied to Nintendo GameCube games that sold more than 250,000 copies.[1] A Player's Choice program has not been implemented for the Wii or Nintendo DS, despite the existence of multiple million-selling games.

Other than that, Cheap Ass Gamer is a fantastic resource for getting games on the, well, cheap.  Their forums (which require a free registration) are fanatical about what sales and deals are going on.  I use that site all the time.

Also, Target is running a special Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on all Wii games this week.  Good time to pick some games up.

(In store only.)

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 3, 2008, 05:29 PM »
We use the strategy to take the flyers from where the sales are (like the Target one) to Best Buy.  They will always honor their competitors adds and you rarely (if ever) have a hard time getting the games because (1) they stock more and (2) they aren't running the sale on them.  We used this add yesterday to pick up a bunch of Christmas gifts at Best Buy.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Wii would like to play...
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2009, 11:43 PM »
Since the Wii is the number one selling counsel out there, I know alot of people have picked up a Wii for Christmas. I think we should have some good old fashion Jedi Defender Mario Kart races. Anyone up for a race?

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 11, 2009, 03:20 AM »
King and I did a few races tonight.  Watch out for Funky Kong, dude takes no prisoners. 

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 11, 2009, 08:09 PM »
It was a lot fun Jay!  You were working me in a few of those races!  I've got Paul and Jay's codes entered.  If anyone else would like mines, it's 0516-8051-8504.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 12, 2009, 02:47 AM »
Santa brought us a Wii for Christmas but we've only got a couple games so far.  Perhaps I should look into getting Mario Kart, I remember it being a lot of fun on the N64.  :)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 12, 2009, 09:48 AM »
Fred and I have both of your codes put in guys. Fred is ready leave you all in the dust. Here are our codes if anyone would like to join us.

2535-8033-3864
3008-2486-6674

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 12, 2009, 10:10 AM »
Perhaps I should look into getting Mario Kart, I remember it being a lot of fun on the N64.  :)

I never had Mario Kart on the N64 - but I LOVED it on the Super Nintendo.  Maybe it's age, but I'm just not really into Mario Kart on the Wii.  The steering aspect is really cool, but there's just something about it that I don't like.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 12, 2009, 12:34 PM »
In college, I remember staying up late every night with my roommates playing Super Mario Kart (NBA Jam and Street Fighter too) on SNES.  Just a few weekends ago, I hooked up my SNES again and played SMK, and man, what a difference.  I thought SMK had great playability back in the day but compared to the latest release, it's come a long way.  Obviously the online feature wasn't available, but I think that's a great feature with the current game.  It serves as really fun entertainment when family and friends come over.  Well worth the $50 or so price tag.

Paul, let me know when you and Fred play next.  We'll try to catch you online.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 12, 2009, 12:56 PM »
I am attempting to get my wife convinced of getting a Wireless Router for us to be able to hook our WII up (no other reason at this time). Do any of you have any suggestions on what works the best, what is the easiest to deal with, and what is the best cost?
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!