Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125396 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #390 on: July 21, 2016, 10:21 AM »
And a great deal for only $60!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #391 on: July 21, 2016, 01:25 PM »
So tiny!

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #392 on: July 21, 2016, 03:05 PM »
Yeah I'm kinda into this myself actually, and retro gaming rarely crosses my mind.  Making it easy like this tho?  I'm down.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #393 on: July 21, 2016, 03:28 PM »
So tiny!

That's what she said

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #394 on: July 21, 2016, 03:41 PM »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #395 on: July 21, 2016, 07:20 PM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #396 on: July 21, 2016, 08:20 PM »
I needed this lighthearted banter.  Thank you.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #397 on: August 3, 2016, 09:45 AM »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 4, 2016, 09:23 AM »
It seems ATGames is coming out with an Atari 2600 portable. It includes 60 games and a SD card slot to play roms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE5NBonvUt4
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #399 on: November 10, 2016, 01:43 PM »
So this thing is out tomorrow. Good luck finding one if you want one. I hear tell Nintendo made a total of twelve of them.

REDMOND, Wash., July 14, 2016 – If you see a Nintendo Entertainment System on store shelves this holiday shopping season, you haven’t entered a time machine. (Unless everyone around you is wearing acid-washed jeans and neon leg warmers. If that’s the case, you may have unknowingly walked through a rift in the space-time continuum.) The most likely scenario is you are setting eyes on the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition, launching in stores on Nov. 11 at a suggested retail price of $59.99. That’s right: The NES is back! But this isn’t the same NES that you fondly remember. This new nostalgia-fueled system is a near-identical, mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console and plugs directly into your high-definition TV using an included HDMI cable. The console comes complete with 30 NES games built in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN, and Kirby’s Adventure.

“We wanted to give fans of all ages the opportunity to revisit Nintendo’s original system and rediscover why they fell in love with Nintendo in the first place,” said Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. “The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition is ideal for anyone who remembers playing the NES, or who wants to pass on those nostalgic memories to the next generation of gamers.”

The system comes packaged with an HDMI cable, an AC adapter and one NES Classic Controller, which is patterned after the iconic design of the original NES controller. But you really just want to know the full list of 30 games, right? Feast your eyes on the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system:

Balloon Fight™
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania™
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest™
Donkey Kong™
Donkey Kong Jr. ™
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario™
Excitebike™
FINAL FANTASY®
Galaga™
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS®
GRADIUS™
Ice Climber™
Kid Icarus™
Kirby’s Adventure™
Mario Bros. ™
MEGA MAN® 2
Metroid™
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN™
Punch-Out!! ™ Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics™
SUPER C™
Super Mario Bros.™
Super Mario Bros. ™ 2
Super Mario Bros. ™ 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda™
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link™

There’s a little something for everyone: a nice mix of timeless favorites, cult classics and maybe even some games that you never got around to playing. Each is sure to bring back memories and produce plenty of new ones. You can even enjoy playing several of these games with two players by attaching a second NES Classic Controller, which will be sold separately at a suggested retail price of $9.99. A Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro can also be used (each sold separately).

When connected to a Wii Remote controller, the NES Classic Controller can also be used to play Virtual Console NES games on a Wii U or Wii system. Playing these retro games using a retro controller makes the experience that much more authentic. And if you ever need to step away from the NES Classic Edition in the middle of a tough level (or take a break to call one of Nintendo’s helpful Game Counselors*), don’t worry about losing any hard-earned progress. Each game has multiple suspend points, so you can start where you left off at a later time, no passwords needed.

What’s old is new again with the Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition. Relive past glories. Finish off that boss you never beat. Save the galaxy and rescue the princess!

*Please only call if you have indeed entered a time machine. The Game Counselor program no longer exists in 2016.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 10, 2016, 10:06 PM »
And apparently the controller cord is only 2.5 feet long.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 11, 2016, 05:32 PM »
Tried much of today to get one of these, but struck out at four different stores. Then I tried Amazon (they were put online at 4 CT), but despite it saying it was in stock I got an error the fifty or so times I tried to add it. And now it is out of stock. Yikes. Feels like Hasbro Toy Shop 😀

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 13, 2016, 11:10 AM »
I have no need of one of these. I have a Super RetroTrio that lets me play NES, SNES and Genesis all on one machine. I have Everdrive cartridges for each of them. Everydrive cartridges have SD card slots on them to play roms. I can play every game ever made on these machines with the original controllers. You can get the cartridges at Stone Age Gamer.

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/flash-carts/nes/cartridges/

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #403 on: December 13, 2016, 09:25 AM »
What an absolute cluster**** of epic proportions Nintendo pulled on this one...seriously think of how many units they could have sold...what a bunch of idiots

Hopefully i catch the preorder for the Switch at my local Target because it may be 2018 before they come into stock...morons

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 13, 2016, 09:51 AM »
I stood outside for 2 hours in 3 degree weather last Saturday to get one for my son for Christmas.

It is definitely hard to understand how more of these couldn't have been available.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within