Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125378 times)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #405 on: December 13, 2016, 12:38 PM »
It's just Nintendo's horrific marketing at work.

I read somewhere they only made 1 extra controller for every 5 NES Classics too.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #406 on: December 13, 2016, 01:00 PM »
What an absolute cluster**** of epic proportions Nintendo pulled on this one...seriously think of how many units they could have sold...what a bunch of idiots

I almost bumped this thread yesterday due to this quote from Reggie at Nintendo in a story at CNET:

Fils-Aime acknowledged the NES Classic shortages. "Every day there's more going into the retail channel. The overall level of demand is certainly greater than we anticipated, that's why we're suffering through the shortages out there in the marketplace."

Hard to gauge demand when they refused to take any preorders on this thing at all.

On the Mini NES, he says, "We saw the NES Classic as an opportunity to engage with millennials, gen-Xers, boomers, people who had played those games back in the day, but life had gone by, and they had somewhat walked away from gaming. It was a great way to re-engage them, and our belief is that by re-engaging them, it creates an opportunity for Super Mario Run, it creates an opportunity for our 3DS business, it creates an opportunity for Nintendo Switch, because all of a sudden they're recognizing what they knew 20 or 25 years ago: they love Mario. They love Zelda. They love all of our classic IP, and they're re-engaging with it right now."

Hard to engage with it unless you've got $200+ to spend on one on eBay, or unless you want to spend hours and hours waiting outside of a store in the middle of the night. . .
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:30 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #407 on: December 13, 2016, 01:27 PM »
Instead of re-engaging you've pissed off legions of people and done more ill will to your fans than you could possibly know...morons

Does Reggie have naked pictures of Miyamoto?

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 12, 2017, 03:34 PM »
I picked up a NES Classic Mini a couple weeks before Christmas.I've been searching brickpicker for a second controller every day since. Zero quantity anywhere, ever. I don't understand
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 12, 2017, 04:38 PM »
And the Switch presales start tomorrow at Nintendo's NYC store (no word on when or if they will be up for preorder at Amazon or Gamestop). It should be a nightmare.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #410 on: January 14, 2017, 04:37 PM »
I picked up a NES Classic Mini a couple weeks before Christmas.I've been searching brickpicker for a second controller every day since. Zero quantity anywhere, ever. I don't understand

I'm so jealous.  However, I am also patient and know these will be more available in the near future.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 14, 2017, 05:44 PM »
My wife and I decided because we haven't been able to find the NES Classic for Christmas that we will try to get one for ourselves in lieu of Valentine's Day presents this year.  So here's to hopping Nintendo finally pulls their head out of their collective asses and will actually get a good number of these into the pipeline.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 15, 2017, 04:36 PM »
Got in a pre order for each version (colorful and charcoal) of the Nintendo Switch. Figured I'd decide before then which version I want and I'll calcelmthe other.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 2, 2017, 11:50 AM »
The Switch is out at midnight tonight! I'll be waiting for the hype to die down, but I do have the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild on preorder.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 3, 2017, 09:18 AM »
It would be sad if the NES Classic outsells the Switch.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 3, 2017, 09:39 AM »
I believe there have been 12 NES Classics worldwide available so.................  ::)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #416 on: March 5, 2017, 11:27 AM »
I've heard the new Zelda is phenomenal and looks amazing but the debacle of the NES classic has really soured me on the Switch and I'll keep my money...I don't believe anything they've said on the Classic and their complete disregard for lifelong customers feeding a scalper crazed market is beyond sickening

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #417 on: March 5, 2017, 03:40 PM »
Second that.  I really wanted a classic but **** this nonsense.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2017, 03:42 PM »
NES Classic Discontinued

And these idiots wonder why people pirate their games

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 13, 2017, 03:44 PM »
I can't find the words I want to say