Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 22116 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Is the original Metroid on the Metroid Prime game at all, I thought I read that somewhere

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
  • I'll feed you fruit that don't exist
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2004, 03:22 PM »
Yeah, it's embedded in there, but to access it you have to beat Metroid Fusion on the GBA, and then do the little GBA-to-GC link deal, and then you can play the original Metroid on the 'Cube.

I haven't done it yet, simply because I got stuck in Fusion and haven't bothered going back to it yet.

In other Nintendo-related news:

Received my first issue of Nintendo Power in years today, thanks to that stupid Zelda disc thing.

::)

Any five-year olds here who want this thing, or should I just throw it in with my sh!tty anime coupons?

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2004, 03:39 PM »
Oh, and according to the new, sh!tty Nintendo Power, the original Metroid is also included in the new Metroid: Zero Mission game, too, once the new game is completed.

So yeah, several ways to play that old game through your new GBA or 'Cube. . .

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #48 on: February 9, 2004, 10:49 PM »
Metroid: Zero Mission (should have) shipped today from Nintendo--look for it in stores tomorrow or Wednesday if you're interested.

I know Target's got it advertised for $25.xx this week, and Best Buy's got it for $24.xx--the lowest price that I know of so far.

Should be cool--I think IGN gave it a 9/10.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 9, 2004, 11:55 PM »

Any five-year olds here who want this thing, or should I just throw it in with my sh!tty anime coupons?

I know a certain 26 year old Tennessean that would be willing to come pick it up in person...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #50 on: February 9, 2004, 11:57 PM »
I know a certain 26 year old Tennessean that would be willing to come pick it up in person...

I'm starting to hear "Dueling Banjos" in my head each time I read one of your posts, for some reason. . .

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2004, 12:35 AM »

I'm starting to hear "Dueling Banjos" in my head each time I read one of your posts, for some reason. . .

True story, this girl I know named Chipmunk stole my copy of Deliverance, and I don't want to call her to get it back. I think I'll just buy it again so I can avoid dealing with her.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2004, 12:36 AM »
True story, this girl I know named Chipmunk stole my copy of Deliverance, and I don't want to call her to get it back. I think I'll just buy it again so I can avoid dealing with her.

Kinda like how I feel. . .

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2004, 10:10 AM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 10:31 AM by Virex »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2004, 10:26 AM »
Hrmmm...$20 a piece?  You can get a real old Nintendo, a new pin connector and these games for probably $50...I might be interested only because I've been thinking about picking up a portable unit for a while...not at those prices though

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2004, 10:35 AM »
Well, it's not the games themselves I'm that interested in--but the NES-style GBA:SP itself.  It looks swell.  I've already got a black GBA:SP that I imported from Japan last year, and now I'm trying to justify buying this new one--and of course, I only play my black SP once in a blue moon, anyway.

I'm a sucker.

As for the games, eh.  Twenty bucks each?  For games that I already have two or three versions of elsewhere?  Probably pass on (most of) those. . .

But I like that system. . .

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2004, 11:21 AM »
My all time favorite Nintendo game is Dusty Diamond's All-Star softball.  I play it all the time.  I love how each player has certain talent's.  

Offline inadvertent imitation

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2004, 01:49 PM »
Damn, that's swell.

I'll buy the SP, but I'm not sure about the games.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2004, 02:00 PM »

Kinda like how I feel. . .

To finish this story, I recently broke down and bought a new copy of Deliverance at Target just to avoid the Chipmunk. $14 well spent...carry on with the Nintendo talk now.

SilverZ

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2004, 03:39 PM »
Yeah, skip the NES carts at $20 a pop! Get one of these and use the NES emulator, and run any dang friggin' game you please:

XG Flash

Not that I would advocate using this for anything other run running legit backups of software that you own...