Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125374 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2004, 10:10 AM »
Is the original Metroid on the Metroid Prime game at all, I thought I read that somewhere

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2004, 03:22 PM »
Yeah, it's embedded in there, but to access it you have to beat Metroid Fusion on the GBA, and then do the little GBA-to-GC link deal, and then you can play the original Metroid on the 'Cube.

I haven't done it yet, simply because I got stuck in Fusion and haven't bothered going back to it yet.

In other Nintendo-related news:

Received my first issue of Nintendo Power in years today, thanks to that stupid Zelda disc thing.

::)

Any five-year olds here who want this thing, or should I just throw it in with my sh!tty anime coupons?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2004, 03:39 PM »
Oh, and according to the new, sh!tty Nintendo Power, the original Metroid is also included in the new Metroid: Zero Mission game, too, once the new game is completed.

So yeah, several ways to play that old game through your new GBA or 'Cube. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #48 on: February 9, 2004, 10:49 PM »
Metroid: Zero Mission (should have) shipped today from Nintendo--look for it in stores tomorrow or Wednesday if you're interested.

I know Target's got it advertised for $25.xx this week, and Best Buy's got it for $24.xx--the lowest price that I know of so far.

Should be cool--I think IGN gave it a 9/10.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 9, 2004, 11:55 PM »

Any five-year olds here who want this thing, or should I just throw it in with my sh!tty anime coupons?

I know a certain 26 year old Tennessean that would be willing to come pick it up in person...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #50 on: February 9, 2004, 11:57 PM »
I know a certain 26 year old Tennessean that would be willing to come pick it up in person...

I'm starting to hear "Dueling Banjos" in my head each time I read one of your posts, for some reason. . .

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2004, 12:35 AM »

I'm starting to hear "Dueling Banjos" in my head each time I read one of your posts, for some reason. . .

True story, this girl I know named Chipmunk stole my copy of Deliverance, and I don't want to call her to get it back. I think I'll just buy it again so I can avoid dealing with her.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2004, 12:36 AM »
True story, this girl I know named Chipmunk stole my copy of Deliverance, and I don't want to call her to get it back. I think I'll just buy it again so I can avoid dealing with her.

Kinda like how I feel. . .

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2004, 10:10 AM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2004, 10:31 AM by Virex »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2004, 10:26 AM »
Hrmmm...$20 a piece?  You can get a real old Nintendo, a new pin connector and these games for probably $50...I might be interested only because I've been thinking about picking up a portable unit for a while...not at those prices though

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2004, 10:35 AM »
Well, it's not the games themselves I'm that interested in--but the NES-style GBA:SP itself.  It looks swell.  I've already got a black GBA:SP that I imported from Japan last year, and now I'm trying to justify buying this new one--and of course, I only play my black SP once in a blue moon, anyway.

I'm a sucker.

As for the games, eh.  Twenty bucks each?  For games that I already have two or three versions of elsewhere?  Probably pass on (most of) those. . .

But I like that system. . .

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2004, 11:21 AM »
My all time favorite Nintendo game is Dusty Diamond's All-Star softball.  I play it all the time.  I love how each player has certain talent's.  

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2004, 01:49 PM »
Damn, that's swell.

I'll buy the SP, but I'm not sure about the games.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2004, 02:00 PM »

Kinda like how I feel. . .

To finish this story, I recently broke down and bought a new copy of Deliverance at Target just to avoid the Chipmunk. $14 well spent...carry on with the Nintendo talk now.

SilverZ

« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2004, 03:39 PM »
Yeah, skip the NES carts at $20 a pop! Get one of these and use the NES emulator, and run any dang friggin' game you please:

XG Flash

Not that I would advocate using this for anything other run running legit backups of software that you own...