Author Topic: Ye Olde Nintendo  (Read 125386 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Ye Olde Nintendo
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2004, 12:53 AM »
Thanks OC.

This is an example of an unnecessary, post-padding post.

Please stop.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Durge

« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2004, 12:55 AM »

Mario Bros.
Dig Dug
Dr. Mario

Ah, the memories. Nostalgia seems to be what's in at the moment so I see this new road that Nintendo has taken doing very well. I am hoping for these games to be released in the USA.

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2004, 06:04 PM »
I recently took out my Nintendo for my PS2. I had all of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mario Bros 1-3, Terminator 2 (one of the best games ever) and a bunch more. They're pretty cheap now except for the SWs ones.  :-\
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Durge

« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2004, 06:40 PM »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #94 on: June 15, 2004, 06:44 PM »
**Clears throat**   :-X

We're playing nice here, right everyone?  :-*

P.S.  I don't own a Nintendo, so that's all I have to say about that.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #95 on: June 15, 2004, 06:50 PM »
As is this. Please do not be a hypocrite.

Yeah, I'm sorry, Mr. 63-Posts-In-One-Day.

I apologize to everyone for post padding.  I shant let it happen again.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2004, 12:39 AM »
So back on topic, are those Classic games worth getting? I'm interested in Mario Bros. and Zelda.

Also, if you like old school games, pick up Mario vs. Donkey Kong. It's a REALLY fun game, and it's in 3D (!!!). Yup, 3D, and it looks great, compared to other 3D GBA games. Pick it up if you see it and have the 30 dollars.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Durge

« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2004, 01:17 AM »
I have the old Zelda on my Gamecube. It's great fun. I would've purchased it even if they charged for the promo disc.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2004, 08:31 AM »
Anyone out there pick up the Gameboy Advance Classic Mario Bros.?  If so, does anyone know how to save the game?  The instructions tell how to save, but saving only involves high scores.  Anyone know how to continue?  This is frustrating the piss out of me.  I dont want to start over everytime I play.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2004, 12:33 PM »
Also, if you like old school games, pick up Mario vs. Donkey Kong. It's a REALLY fun game, and it's in 3D (!!!). Yup, 3D, and it looks great, compared to other 3D GBA games. Pick it up if you see it and have the 30 dollars.

Just scored it at Circuit City for $24.99 with a free GBA:SP carrying case.

Not too bad of a deal--looks like a fun game.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2004, 04:10 PM »
Been enjoying the hell out of Metroid:Zero Mission lots and lots of fun...as much fun as I've had in a video game for some time

Isn't the Mega Man thingy supposed to be out now?

SilverZ

« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2004, 07:45 PM »
I caved and picked up Zelda. I'm not too thrilled that there's no aspect ratio control in their emulator, and you're stuck with full screen vertically squished gaming. This is really weird since the GBA actually has on-board hardware to run the GBC and GB games on, so they could have done a straight port on the real hardware, but instead chose to use emulation... weird, weird, weird. There's also some futtzy handling of the 4-way control that seems to stem from the emu. I don't see the value of paying 20.00+ for these, especially when you get down to games like SMB and Ice Climber. Zelda was really pushing it for me. That's just my typical negative opinion, though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 07:47 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2004, 10:09 PM »
Isn't the Mega Man thingy supposed to be out now?

Supposed to be.

I've personally checked with three different stores (Wal-Mart, Target, and Circuit) both yesterday and today, and called Best Buy twice (yesterday and today), and found neither hide nor hair of the new Mega Man game.  

Didn't bother asking anyone in person (they wouldn't be able to help me, anyway, since I know more about the stuff than they do), but my guy at Best Buy was able to tell me, at least, that copies were "on order"--not that that means anything, really.

I'll find it, eventually.

I don't see the value of paying 20.00+ for these, especially when you get down to games like SMB and Ice Climber. Zelda was really pushing it for me. That's just my typical negative opinion, though.

Nah--I don't think they're worth it at all.  I bought Zelda only because Circuit had it for $14.99 with a free t-shirt, and I had a $10 gift card.  Made it, after tax, like $6-something.

Other than that, huh-uh.  (And I noticed the wonky compression and handling, too--glad to see it wasn't just me.)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2004, 12:03 AM »
Hrmmm...most etailers are saying the Mega Man disc will ship in 2-3 days, I too struck out at TRU and Best Buy today >:(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2004, 11:04 AM »
A couple of friends and I are thinking about heading over to a Gamers tonight, just to pick up some old NES games to play.  I dug out the NES the other night and got it hooked up, and thought it would be fun (and cheap) to pick up some games that I either never had, or didn't know about, and try them out.  I would like to get that new NES-styled GameBoy, but unfortunately can't afford it, and thought this was a cheap alternative for the time being :).  Anyways, are there any titles in particular you would recommend looking for?  Kind of the "all time greats", or games that are just fun to sit down and play for a little bit with some friends?  Thanks for any advice you might have.