Author Topic: Packaging  (Read 2706 times)

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
Packaging
« on: January 20, 2006, 12:32 PM »
The recent bounty hunter 7 pack got me thinking today. 

I really like having that many figures in a smaller window box.  This is much more attractive to me than the recently released and much larger battle packs with less figures.

As a 30 something collector who's been in it since he was 6, and after crossing the 5,000 piece threshold, space is really becoming an issue.  I'm assuming it is with many collectors all of a sudden which is natural after years and years of collecting.  I hope this has been discussed at Hasbro, and was thinking smaller packaging may be the way to go.  When it comes to boxes and packaging, to me, smaller is better.

Just my personal opinion.  Anyone else thinking along these same lines, or am I alone in this thought process? ;)

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Packaging
« Reply #1 on: February 2, 2006, 09:12 PM »
no,you arent alone.I think the packaging is a bit too big..5 figures in a giant pack?COME ON!  Even though I rerely keep things in a box...it gets annying going through all that cardboard.
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 09:41 PM »
They could cut costs and lower prices too!  Who am I kidding? lol
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Joe

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 10:23 PM »
same thing with food companys...they fill half a box up with food..they dont need a HALF of box of air to keep it fresh...
Cheers!

- Joe

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 01:50 AM »
I agree Bob...

Personally I'm not a packaged collector so my opinion probably doesn't weigh as heavily but a big pack like the Battlepacks just doesnt' look nice to me.  The one with the Gunship was great but that's one out of how many battle packs we've seen in the line at this point.

I think the sets are different intents though too...  The Bounty Hunt set seems more aimed at collectors while the Battlepacks have seemed more aimed at the kiddies with only passing collector (adult) appeal attached to them.  That's been my view on them.

Either way the longer, smaller (shorter) box like the Bounty Hunters or Astromech 5-packs are definitely nicer looking to my eyes, but that's me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77