Author Topic: Vehicle Repaints and Re-releases: Any You Want To See?  (Read 21287 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Vehicle Repaints and Re-releases: Any You Want To See?
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2005, 12:10 AM »
Dimensions released of the AMT/Ertl kit say it's reasonably close, however the dimensions could be the packaging...

Actually, the dimensions would put the tank droid at perfect scale, but upon further reflection of it I'm 99% convinced it is the packaging dimensions not the model itself.  That's a huge disappointment.  I'd pay good $ for model kits that were to-scale to the figures.

I'd actually prefer that over Hasbro doing vehicles.  :-\  I can do a better job building/painting them than Hasbro can.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2006, 04:04 PM »
RS is reporting the following will be repackaged -

- Anakin Jedi Starfighter
- Obi Wan Jedi Starfighter
- Droid Tri-Fighter
- Grievous Wheelbike

Bah.  I want to see a Skiff and Y-Wing back in the mix!

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2006, 04:14 PM »

- Droid Tri-Fighter
- Grievous Wheelbike

Now why would Hasbro do that?  Eh, who cares - I'll pass on them no matter what the reason.   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2006, 04:17 PM »
Yup.  I've got 'em in ROTS packaging, so I'm certainly not going to start buying package variants of ships.  ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2006, 04:30 PM »
Yeah, I don't really see why these would be repackaged either...maybe the kiddos will want/buy them.  I don't need them at this point, and I would sort of rather see some of the OT ships put out instead (like the rumored Snowspeeder, or the Cloud Car we've all been wishing for).  I expect that we'll see more of the $20 range ships from now on, with the exclusive thrown in here and there, and that's fine.  I think Hasbro could get a little more use out of some of the OT ships though.  They might underestimate the OT's popularity with the kids.  From the ones I see, they are pretty interested in characters like Luke, Han, Chewie, Boba, Vader, etc. too, so the collectors might not be the only ones who would be mid-range ships like the snowspeeder, AT-ST, X-Wings, etc.  Not that we necessarily need to see all those, but I guess I'd just as soon see those as more prequel rehashes.  The Jedi Starfighters are a good idea though, I thought those were pretty nifty.

SilverZ

« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2006, 04:44 PM »
Eh, whatever on those repacks. Though I'd like to see the TRU starfighter repaints get wider distibution and at the $20.00 pricepoint. I missed out on an opener green Anakin fighter.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2006, 04:59 PM »
Jesus, of all the ships to repack....

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2006, 05:22 PM »
Well I would like to see a RoTS V-Wing thrown into the mix.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2006, 05:30 PM »

- Droid Tri-Fighter
- Grievous Wheelbike

Bad choices.  Now, as far as I know, people have had the most trouble obtaining the skiff, B-Wing, and green A-wing.  Yet Hasbro is repacking 4 vehicles many of us can STILL find on the shelves, even in the clearance section for ****'s sake!  This just seems like a really really bad decision.
If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2006, 05:46 PM »
I can see Kenobi and Anakin's starfighters being released again.  Although I hope in a limited amount.  I don't quite understand why the Tri-Droid and Wheelbike would be.  I just did not think those were all that popular?  Or maybe they were.  I don't really see many around my area, or any ROTS stuff for that matter except the usual pegwarmers.

If anything I'd expect a Gunship to be reissued with some sort of different paint or decals.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2006, 07:19 PM »
Eh, whatever on those repacks. Though I'd like to see the TRU starfighter repaints get wider distibution and at the $20.00 pricepoint. I missed out on an opener green Anakin fighter.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. That's the only way I'll be buying any of them.
"This is the way."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2006, 08:36 PM »
I think it's just the same assortment from last year being carried over.  I found them at Target last night on the bottom shelf at regular price, and wondered why they weren't on clearance.  I suppose it's a good thing if it means keeping shelf space for ships that aren't exclusives, but will we get anything new out of it?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2006, 03:25 PM »
I saw this assortment at Target today as well.  They had 2 Anakin starfighters (yellow) and a wheelbike for $19.99 each.  Funny, you would think they would have been sure to have these stocked around Christmas.  We really wanted to get our nephews a Starfighter with Anakin or Obi-Wan, but neither could be found at that time.  Like it was mentioned, hopefully that means there is at least a chance of seeing some other vehicles (hopefully OT) later this year.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2006, 10:44 PM »

- Droid Tri-Fighter
- Grievous Wheelbike

I'm actually kind of glad the Tri-Fighter and the Wheelbike are out again, since I didn't get them this summer and they're pretty much gone locally, or were.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: January 23, 2006, 01:50 AM »
Having picked up the Jedi Fighters on clearance now, and now knowing theyr'e actually spot-on scale, I'm all for these re-releasing.  I'd dig the TRU ones as I passed on them due to cost at the time, short of the figures...  I'd just like the ships of course.

I'd also like Mace Windu's and Sae Sae Tinn's from Clone Wars...  I'd also take some paint schemes Hasbro dreams up if they wanted to.  I'd even take a Jedi Fighter with a Clone Pilot (plausible) as a squadron mate for some Jedi.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77