Author Topic: What's the most unusual item in your collection??  (Read 4280 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
What's the most unusual item in your collection??
« on: March 7, 2004, 11:34 PM »
i was cleaning up some stuff today, and found two items that i would say are the most unusal in my collection.

a friend of mine used to work at a television station a few years ago, and grabbed two electronic press kits from her station that they used on the air. these are pretty much the tapes that they use when you are watching the news and they cut to a story. so she grabbed these two tapes for me. cool, right? well, yeah, cool... but guess what? these tapes are about 1-1/2 times the size of regular vcr tapes, height and width. so i've never watched them. they could be blank for all i know. but i guess they are cool to have, and not too many people have things like this, right?

so what's the most unusual item in your collection? doesn't have to be toy related (as you can see from my story).

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: what's the most unusual item in your collection??
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2004, 04:24 AM »
I have an electronic metal die-cast bootleg Millennium Falcon with 2 cockpits. It is really strange but love it: here is a link to it:http://community.webshots.com/album/121678174slMocS

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 02:29 PM »
I have this item from the Bad Taste Bears line. I am not sure if this is appropriate or not but I will post it anyways. This little guy is called Darth Vibe.

The image is about actual size.

The finish is the same type of finish as the chrome Vader / Jango Gentle Giant busts. The "saber" glows in the dark.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 02:33 PM »
Nice Saber!  :o   ;D  

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 06:43 PM »
uhmmmm... i think you win, boba binks  ;D

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 09:19 PM »
This is definitely the strangest thing I have in my collection.  My dad picked that up at some second-hand store for a quarter.  Everything is still in the box and hasn't been setup... yet.
dustrho

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
What's the oddest item you have in your collection?
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 01:55 AM »
I've always been a fan of the "oddities" - not the freaky, stupid oddities, but the real oddball items that not many people have, or may even know exist. Today I was cleaning up around my back room, and taking out some boxes and checking what was in them, and junk like that, and I found a few of my more "oddball" items:

The first one is a popcorn box. Well, yeah, it's a popcorn box, but it's also a movie ticket. A friend of mine went to a consumer electronics show in NYC back in 2002, and Samsung was sponsering a digital projection screening of the film. When you signed up for the showing, they gave you this box, and then you had to wait on line to get it filled with popcorn. If you tried to enter the theater without popcorn in the box, they wouldn't let you in, and you had to go back to the end of the line and wait to fill up the box again. Or something like that, I didn't really understand.

Closeup of the label on the box:

The second item(s) are electronic press kits that Fox sends out to television stations that want to do stories on the air. These two kits came from the 1997 Special Editions. A friend of mine who worked at a television station in NYC a few years back gave these to me. I thought they were kind of cool, and odd, so I hung onto them. I've never been able to view them, and I can't really do anything else with them, since they are not normal tapes - they are huge. In the last picture you'll see that I took a regular video tape and put it in the pic for comparison. So they just sit on my bookshelf.

I'm sure I'll find more oddities when I get back to my search tomorrow, and if I find any really good ones, I'll post them here. Anybody else have any "odd" collectibles?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: What's the oddest item you have in your collection?
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 09:36 AM »
I've got a Han Solo Watch from when I was a kid.  I was my first watch, and it is soooo cool.  The really strange thing is that Han's vest is sort of a strange green color...

It's got a picture of Han, and instead of a ticking second hand, his blaster moves up and down.  I'll take a picture later tonight for those that have no idea what I'm talking about.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: What's the most unusual item in your collection??
« Reply #8 on: April 7, 2006, 11:41 AM »
I hate starting new threads and even though I don't own this item, I thought it was unique - most likely a bootleg of some sort:

Stormtrooper Crawl Baby

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 7, 2006, 01:18 PM »
I thought it was unique - most likely a bootleg of some sort:

Stormtrooper Crawl Baby

Unique is right!  I have a Darth Vader Crawl Baby - wind it up and watch it go.  :D

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 7, 2006, 03:41 PM »
I don`t have any real oddball stuff  :'(
I guess the vintage ben I had as a kid, with BB dents all over him would be it.
He took one to the crotch and lived to tell about it!
Adam

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 9, 2006, 11:19 AM »
I want that "Crawl Baby". :P

I was going to say mine is this weird novelty candy I found at 99˘ a store.

But looking for the pic on a disc, I found these images...

Somebody's pop art project with a B grade on it, even. I bought this off eBay? ??? ??? ???