Author Topic: M & M's Collectibles  (Read 24733 times)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
M & M's Collectibles
« on: March 25, 2005, 04:11 PM »
While bending over and buying gas earlier today, I noticed that the station had put up a M&M "tower" with ROTS artwork on it.  It was a cardboard thing about five feet tall, with Anakin on one side and Vader at the top on the front.  There were little "bowls" that jutted out in front of the box slots that held the differently packaged M&Ms.  I saw packages with M's dressed up as the droids, an M dressed up as Anakin in front of the moisture farm, but the number for my food order was called, so I didn't get a chance to look much closer.

What I did see is that they had several packages of the "Dark Side" chocolate M&Ms directly under Vader near the top of the tower.  I almost bought one, but then I remembered that I hate dark chocolate.  Also, there was no mention of the stuffed M-Peror (the one food tie-in that I really want) or M-Luke, or else I would have bought one to get the coupon for them.

So, if this is any indication, the food stuff is coming sooner than thought in unusual locations.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 06:00 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Fast Food/Product Promotions
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 09:53 PM »
While bending over and buying gas earlier today, I noticed that the station had put up a M&M "tower" with ROTS artwork on it.  It was a cardboard thing about five feet tall, with Anakin on one side and Vader at the top on the front.  There were little "bowls" that jutted out in front of the box slots that held the differently packaged M&Ms.  I saw packages with M's dressed up as the droids, an M dressed up as Anakin in front of the moisture farm, but the number for my food order was called, so I didn't get a chance to look much closer.

What I did see is that they had several packages of the "Dark Side" chocolate M&Ms directly under Vader near the top of the tower.  I almost bought one, but then I remembered that I hate dark chocolate.  Also, there was no mention of the stuffed M-Peror (the one food tie-in that I really want) or M-Luke, or else I would have bought one to get the coupon for them.

So, if this is any indication, the food stuff is coming sooner than thought in unusual locations.

Gas? Food order? What, are you a car? What were you buying?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 10:28 PM »
I have a case of red skittles in my office that I am forcing anyone that walks by to eat so I can have the wrapper to play the game for a free Ipod.  I have already sent away for my poster from Kellogg Corn Flakes and my R2D2 sound clip bowl from Crispix (so on Easter, I already volunteered to bring the snack mix...good move on my part).   ;)

My family has still not recovered from Pepsi or Reese's cereal yet, so they are NOT happy about this at all.  I'm not sure how much Kellogg cereal I can force them to eat before handing it out to my friends once I get my saber spoon (which I haven't been able to find on any packages yet).

I really want a wind up Padme from BK but that's it so I'll have to keep bugging my niece to let me know when that's available.  Does BK keep posted what toy is available like McD's does??  That will help since I think the office will revolt if I buy lunch and serve them all kid's meals :P.
Beth

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 11:02 PM »
Gas? Food order? What, are you a car? What were you buying?

Yes, Famine, I am a Transformer, and I was buying Energon.    ;D

Seriously though, the place I bought gas was a convenient store type of place with an open grill/restaurant thing. 

Does BK keep posted what toy is available like McD's does??

If I remember correctly (it's been ages since I actually went inside a BK; most of the time it's just drive thru), BK is actually quite thorough about what they have at a given time.  I know that when they were doing their FOTR promotion back in 2001 with the goblets and the toys, they posted what was available at the drive-thru window.  How they'll do it this time around I have no idea, but I don't think it's going to be a McDonalds-type Beanie Babies situation either.

Has BK actually revealed what they're going to have yet?  I missed the RS scan back last winter and I figured they would have made their plans public by now.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2005, 11:21 PM by DoctorPadawan »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
M-pire figure 2-pack assortment?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2005, 11:53 PM »
Where does this belong M-pire ???

Episode III Revenge of the Sith Galactic M-Pire Figure 2-Pack Assortment 1 contains 12 individually packaged M&M candy style figures including:
3x M-Trooper & M-Vader
3x M-Grievous & M-Obi-Wan
3x M-Peror & M-Anakin
3x M-Bacca & M-Ace

Is this a food promo or figure promo?  And what was that someone mentioned about marketing this movie out the ying yang? ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: M-pire figure 2-pack assortment?
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 12:33 AM »
You know those talking M&Ms in the commercials? I'm guessing these are like that, only with sabers, blasters, helmets, etc.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 12:48 AM »
That could be it, saw these over at RS though they are just candy's, there are pictures of the little dude's in various SW outfits so it wouldn't surprise me.

Canadian M&Ms

The Force Is With M&Ms

Theres even a mail in offer for a couple of 12" plush toys.

Special M&M Offer

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 01:37 AM »
Beat_it_to_death.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2005, 08:55 PM »
I'm not really interested much in the plushes, but little figures would be pretty neat.  I'm a sucker for cutesy stuff I guess.   ::)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2005, 09:44 PM »
Little figures would be pretty cool. I want to get the plush ones as well though.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JuvyD

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 08:53 PM »
Over at COSTCO today I saw a 24 pack of various M&M's that all have the various Star Wars packages.  Even came in a unique Star Wars cardboard tray.  It was running $14.99.  They had the same thing for the variou Skittles as well except you couldn't see the packs inside.  The Sour Skittles had Han on the outer box.

TRU's have a bucket load of M7M products including various tins with M&M packs inside, Vader water bottle head with M7M's inside and numerous M&M packages of their various products.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2005, 10:21 PM »
Check out m&m's great website - I love the collectible figures they've come up with!  You can enter for a chance to win them all (surprise, surprise, no Canadians welcome).  Anyone know how you can get these, besides the EE link at the top of this thread?  Are they part of a mail-in offer?

And there's 2 plushes as well:

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2005, 11:11 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and call this an "other collectible"...

(and not one I'm interested at that  :P)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 11:14 PM »
Oh crap, those are cool :-\  I'm sucked in.  So, who's going to split some orders with me :-[

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2005, 01:21 AM »
Oh crap, those are cool :-\  I'm sucked in.  So, who's going to split some orders with me :-[

Count me in.   :)

As mentioned above, Entertainment Earth, Asst 1:

"Star Wars - Episode III Revenge of the Sith Galactic M-Pire Figure 2-Pack Assortment 1 contains 12 individually packaged M&M candy style figures including: 3x M-Trooper & M-Vader, 3x M-Grievous & M-Obi-Wan , 3x M-Peror & M-Anakin, 3x M-Bacca & M-Ace (Subject to Change)."

Entertainment Earth, Asst 2:

"Star Wars - Episode III Revenge of the Sith Galactic M-Pire Figure 2-Pack Assortment 1 contains 12 individually packaged M&M candy style figures including: 3x M-Adala & M-3Po, 3x M-Ooku & M-Aul, 3x M-Solo & Bobba M-Ett , 3x M-Uke & Meia (Subject to Change)."