Author Topic: M & M's Collectibles  (Read 24751 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: M-pire figure 2-pack assortment?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2005, 08:42 AM »
I was wondering how these would be available as well, because sadly, I'm a little interested in them too.  I like the little "odd" collectibles to add to the display every so often, and m and m's are yummy, so what the heck.  I guess it depends how they are available, and how much they cost.  Will these be at retail, or only via EE and places like that?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2005, 09:12 AM »
Well I said it wouldn't surprise me, cute little buggers but I gotta stay away from other collectibles.  :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2005, 12:04 PM »
Will these be at retail, or only via EE and places like that?

I'm still not sure.  The m&m website doesn't tell you how you can collect these.  I was hoping for some sort of mail-in, but so far EE is the only place I can find them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2005, 12:27 PM »
Patience, jedi.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2005, 05:02 PM »
I LOVE this kind of stuff! Hope to hear other options to purchase soon.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 3, 2005, 03:54 AM »
Did anyone happen to come across these anywhere?

StarWarsShop.com has a few of the plushes, but I'm more interested in the little guys.  Less room to lose.   ;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 6, 2005, 09:09 AM »
I'm curious how these will be released as well.  I'm somewhat interested in them, even though I know I should probably stay far away from them.  For some reason I like to add the "odd" little collectible into the whole mess once in awhile :).

On the same track, is anyone planning on trying to collect the 72 different individual M and M wrappers?  We were checking out at Wal-Mart, and I decided on a whim to pick up two packs, one with Han, one with Chewie.  I look when I get home that they are numbers 4 and 11 of the series of 72.  Now, that's a heck of a lot of wrappers, but might be a neat thing to collect and frame together or something.  Not saying I'm going to do that (that's a lot of M and Ms), but I was wondering if anyone else was considering it?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2005, 12:16 AM »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2005, 03:43 PM »
That price is ridiculous.  I ordered a set from EE not knowing where these things would show up.  I think the price was $30 for each series (consisting of 2 series) .  Expensive IMO but cool to say the least. Its a neat piece that will go well with the Hippo figs released a few years back in Germany that I have in my collection. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2005, 04:21 PM »
It's a neat piece that will go well with the Hippo figs released a few years back in Germany that I have in my collection. 

Exactly my thoughts!  I get a kick out of this cutesy stuff, but I'm not going to pay out of my butt to get them.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2005, 06:12 PM »
Does anyone know if M&Ms is still planning on doing the mailaway promotion for the plus M-Peror and M-Luke dolls?  If I could get the M-Peror for (relatively) free, I think I'd go ahead and do so, but if I have to pay 12 dollars (plus SWS's shipping costs) for a plush M&M, I think I may have to pass.

I haven't seen anything listed on any of the wrappers or in the store displays thus far, and didn't know if the mailaway had been abandoned or what.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2005, 09:48 PM »
My nephew would probably dig those.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Now that we've seen more extensive pictures of these from C3 (looks like 16 figures in all), for those of you who were there...was there any news on these?  Are they indeed coming to retail, or are they some sort of online exclusive?  The Star Wars aisle can't hold too many more lines ;).  I'm slightly interested in these, just because of their "kitschy" value, but haven't decided for sure.  I guess it depends what else is out at that time, how good they look in person, and how many other people I read about collecting them on here :P.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2005, 03:56 PM »
Not an exclusive Brian, they are going out to major retailers (Target, Walmart or whomever wants to sell them) as two packs.  EE just happened to put them up first.  I imagine the ebay stuff is as it always is, someone gets it early and profits from it. 

I don't recall an ETA or pricepoint, but I expect they'll be out around the time of the movie or shortly thereafter and the price should be $1-2 less than EE is charging per two pack.

There was an M&M's booth there, they had little 8 1/2 x 11 sheets with the figures pictured on them, but they referred us to the Hasbro booth for questions and to see the figures themselves. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2005, 04:03 PM »
I see, thanks for the update Brent.  I thought maybe they looked like they would be coming to retail, but I wasn't sure with all the other lines being released.  Although I guess it doesn't seem as if they are too concerned about oversaturating things this year anyways ;).  Did you like the figures in person?  As I understand it they are around GH size?