Author Topic: M & M's Collectibles  (Read 24738 times)

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: M & M's Collectibles
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2005, 12:02 AM »
I'm still on the lookout for 3 sets -- Greivious/Obi-Wan, Chewie/Mace, Amidala/R2/C3P0 -- if anyone comes across extras, please let me know...

Thanks!

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2005, 01:35 AM »
Found the second wave (ones w/ Boba, Maul, Luke, and the Droids) at K-Mart, so I picked up the Padme/Droids set since there was only one of it.

Just wondering if these 4 have shown up at WM or TRU? I only saw the other 4 at them.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2005, 09:47 AM »
I was somewhat surprised, I was back at the Wal-Mart where I picked up the Han/Boba pack of these last week (Tuesday I think), and at that time they had several of the entire first wave.  We were back on Saturday for groceries, and there wasn't a single pack to be found.  Apparently someone likes these.  I wasn't sure if I was going to get anymore or not, but since they were gone, that made the choice easier :).  I'm ok if I miss the rest, but I was a little surprised they sold so well apparently.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2005, 05:29 PM »
I found the Dooku/Maul set today.  Now all I need is the Emperor/Anakin set and I should have them all.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2005, 12:49 PM »
These are great!

Thanks to Dale, I've got the first 4 2-packs in my possession - after taking some pics of the minty packaging, I ripped into them, with the help of my daughter. 

They seem painted nicely and have a decent weight to them (and they're just darn cute).  My only disappointment with them is the Chewbacca one - I wish he was "meaner" looking, but I can live with him.     ;)

Unfortunately, I have to find another Grievous & Mace Windu 2-pack because my daughter fell in love with Grievous and has adopted him because of his "neat hat".   ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2005, 01:00 PM »
These are great!

Thanks to Dale, I've got the first 4 2-packs in my possession - after taking some pics of the minty packaging, I ripped into them, with the help of my daughter. 

Your more than Welcome.  :)
You what! Opened them, good thing you didn't do that in front of me. 

The look of the Devil.  ;D

Unfortunately, I have to find another Grievous & Mace Windu 2-pack because my daughter fell in love with Grievous and has adopted him because of his "neat hat".   ;)

The hunt continues.   :-*

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2005, 01:57 PM »
I picked up the Vader set a few weeks ago and I think that's about as far as I will go with these.

The concept is neat and all, but at $7 (for what they are - one piece plastic piece with paint) they are a little too expensive for my liking.

And for the most part, the other sets are not as visually strking (or identifiable) as the Vader/Stormie set.

Anyone else notice that the cardboard inserts are backwards?  For example, the picture of Vader M is next to the Stormie figure.

All of the sets are like this.

Poor QC or intentional?

???

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2005, 07:02 PM »
I found the Anakin/Palpatine set today, so I think I have them all.  Are they going to make any more of these?

On a related subject, is anyone going to get all the Plush M&M figures?  Are these also going to be at regular retail or just online (like the swshop?)?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2005, 08:33 PM »
It looks like the 6" resin figures are continuing (click pics for links):

We've now got Luke Crispy, Leia Green and Boba Fett Blue, each with a limited edition of 2500 pieces worldwide as a shared exclusive with StarWarsShop.com.  The first figures were Darth Vader Yellow and Darth Maul Red.

Are they going to make any more of these? [figure 2-packs]

There are 8 2-packs in 2 waves:

Wave 1:
Vader & Clone Trooper
Anakin & Emperor
Obi-Wan & Grievous
Chewie & Mace Windu

Wave 2:
Dooku & Darth Maul
Han & Boba Fett
Luke & Leia
Queen Amidala & R2 & 3PO

On a related subject, is anyone going to get all the Plush M&M figures? Are these also going to be at regular retail or just online (like the swshop?)?

I've only seen the plush online so far (SWS.com), but they don't call them an exclusive.  Now that I've started lists, I can't stop, so here's what to expect for the plushes:

Anakin
Chewie
Clone Trooper
Emperor
Han
Leia
Luke
Obi-Wan
Vader

Anakin, Obi-Wan & Vader were also part of a promo from a chain (Stop and Shop maybe, not sure...)

« Last Edit: September 2, 2005, 08:48 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2005, 03:37 PM »
Unless things have changed in the past couple of days, these seemed to have dried up rather quickly here.  I saw several of the "Wave 2" packs (as Jesse listed above) at Wal-Mart a few weeks back, and picked up the Han/Boba one, and when I was back there a couple of days later they were all gone.  I haven't seen them restocked since then.  I saw one stray pack at the local TRU (sitting by one of the "try me" video game consoles actually), and otherwise I haven't seen any of these around town.  No big deal really I guess, I don't think I really needed more anyways.  I was thinking about getting the Chewie set to have "MBacca" to go with Han, and maybe the Vader/Stormie set since it looked kind of cool...but if I don't find them, I can live without them.  For some reason some of these "gimmicky" toys (like Darth Tater and these MPire figures) seem to go over pretty well around here, or at least they sell out quickly.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 2, 2005, 08:50 PM »
I managed to luck out and find the last of the 8 2-packs that I needed: Han and Boba Fett.

As much as I love these guys, I'm glad Hasbro was smart enough to realize that this should just be a limited series and have ended the line.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 3, 2005, 01:55 AM »
The Plush figures are showing up at Walmart.  They're also about $7 instead of the $12 on SWshop.com.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 7, 2005, 01:13 PM »
Well, this is the first thing to come out the M&M license that I've found any interest in*. These are pretty funny. :D

* Hey, that's not true... I bought some of those little dispensers.
« Last Edit: September 7, 2005, 01:15 PM by Ook »

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 7, 2005, 02:36 PM »
hey Ook, how much are they?

do they have a clone trooper  ;D

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 7, 2005, 02:47 PM »
hey Ook, how much are they?

do they have a clone trooper  ;D

The ceramic ones? The article doesn't say how much they are. http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=94627 I don't see a clone...