Author Topic: Medicom 6" MAFEX Star Wars figures  (Read 1776 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Council Member
  • parties weren't meant to last
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Medicom 6" MAFEX Star Wars figures
« Reply #30 on: July 6, 2016, 11:25 PM »
Bandai's all masked guys so far with the kits

You mean Bandai's model group is all masked guys so far.  Bandai's action figure group, Tamashii Nations, is responsible for the S.H.Figuarts stuff.  So Bandai's got plenty of killer human heads out there too.  ;)

« Last Edit: July 6, 2016, 11:26 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender / Follow me -> @jlsmentek

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: July 6, 2016, 11:59 PM »
Yeah I should've changed that...  Bandai's kits are all masked/droids, but they're damn fine figures once built.  The astromechs may be unmatched IMHO.

I almost consider Tamashii Nations/SH Figuarts a separate thing all together...  but they're killing likenesses.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 7, 2016, 10:22 AM »
Yeah, pricey (the 3PO/R2 set ended up costing around $100, though that included the express overseas shipping I sprang for) but they really are worth every penny. And to be fair, most of the figures made have been helmeted characters or droids just like the model kits. Rey will be the first MAFEX human character, and the first non-SH Figuarts human character from any of these lines.

Hasbro made a HUGE mistake with their product drought from 2013-2015. They had a 2 year head start on these Japanese companies making the 6 inch figures, and they did nothing to lock the American market down. There was nothing to buy on the pegs, so I figured what the heck, I'll blow a spare $40 on one of these figures... they blew me away and I've never looked back.

I get that Hasbro is, as Jesse said, the budget line, and they've made a lot of figures the Japanese companies will probably never touch, but there are often times where you have to ask if a Hasbro figure is worth the $20 while I've never felt like I wasted money on the Japanese products.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks