Collectibles > Other Collectibles

Star Wars Posters

<< < (3/39) > >>

Morgbug:
I only try to get the figure posters.  I love the movie posters, but as Matt said, where do you put them?  I only get one room for my stuff and shelving takes up most of the space.  That huge Vader standup from the SE's takes up a chunk of space as well.  

Not sure what I'm missing, think I have most.  May have to try for the Australian posters too.  

Hemish:
My poster is going to one lucky American, but dam you yankies leave our posters alone, you have enough of our stuff ;D
Hehe
But if you ask Dover at RS or GH he might part with his as he won one as well.

JediMAC:

--- Quote from: Hemish on August 11, 2004, 07:03 PM ---My poster is going to one lucky American...
--- End quote ---

:)

(You da' man, Hemish!)   :-*

Ook:

--- Quote from: mosnab on August  9, 2004, 02:07 PM ---I don't know how many of you buy/collect/display posters, but I really enjoy them.  My wife bought me the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi movie posters, and framed them, for my birthday a couple of years ago.  I've always wanted to get the rest of the series, to have all six movie posters displayed.  For now, I just want to get the New Hope one next, and I have been trying to decide which version to pick up.  I was curious what some of your opinions are, between these two posters (courtesy AllPosters.com).  Also, feel free to post any posters you like, enjoy, collect, etc.  Really looking forward to that VOTC ANH poster that Hasbro put together as well, looked pretty neat.  Anyways, which of these do you prefer for A New Hope (or Star Wars, as we used to know it)?
This:

Or This:

--- End quote ---
You should probably display the one you like. But I think the Jung one is considered the Star Wars one-sheet. It's always been synonymous with the movie for me. I like the second one too, but it's never fit as Star Wars' theatrical poster in my mind.

I also really love the swashbuckling "Style D" poster.

bobafett14:
See in the 3rd poster, unbeknownst to most fans....Darth Vader was also a trend setter.  He was one of the first to really make the preppie "collar-up" a popular fashion statement...way ahead of the 80's fashion fads to follow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version