Author Topic: Star Wars Posters  (Read 116346 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Star Wars Posters
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2008, 05:28 PM »
Nice additions...the artwork is pretty cool.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2008, 09:56 PM »
Thanks Matt.  ;D
President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline Chris Wyman

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 2, 2009, 11:32 PM »
This is not a poster, but I'm going to put it here anyway.

This is a 16x20 Metallix photo signed by Howard Chaykin. These were limited to 100 pieces on SWS.com.

#24/100

President - Tampa Star Wars Club
Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
Administrator - Wedge Collection Engine
"Star Wars Is Forever"

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2011, 02:35 AM »
Anyone have any suggestions for places to purchase movie posters. With SWS shuttered, I have no idea where to go apart from eBay

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2012, 12:01 AM »
I'm pretty late replying to this, but Allposters has been good in the past for me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2012, 02:37 PM »
I'm pretty late replying to this, but Allposters has been good in the past for me.

I've had good luck with AllPosters as well, plus they always seem to have some sort of sale/discount code going on.  I think I've gotten all the OT posters there, as well as Raiders, FOTR, and Spider-Man without a problem.  Actually just ordered a Muppets poster for our daughter this week.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 8, 2013, 03:35 PM »
Anyone know "the right way" to display and store posters?  I've got a pile of SW posters that I've acquired over the past 20 years that are mostly still in the original shipping tubes.

I was looking at framing my favorites.  It looks like people are going either with $100 custom frames or cheaper Target-ish versions.

I've also heard you should store posters flat and not rolled?  Any thoughts?

I was looking at buying some archival quality mylar sleeves and flattening all of my posters.  However the mylar sleeves look fairly expensive.  The cheapest I found was $7.5 per poster sized sleeve.  I've got about 50 posters and that adds up.  I was also looking at acetate which is cheaper, but I'm not sure what is recommended.

Thoughts on display and storage?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:10 PM by Dave »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2013, 01:00 PM »
I had my movie posters framed in a frame shop and they look great.  It was especially true with my ROTJ poster because I aquired that one from a movie theater and back then they would fold the posters up into the film cannisters.  I had that poster dry-mounted to help hide the creases.

Duplicate posters that I own are still in their packing tubes...as far as I know they should be fine in there.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2013, 05:30 PM »
I've now got most of mine flattened in hopes of displaying.  Better than dealing with the constant rolling up.

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #114 on: December 4, 2013, 01:02 PM »
Exclusive PharMor store promo VHS release 4ft. X 3 ft. autographed by about 42 OT original cast members.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bobafett14/media/IMAG0408_zpse258f0da.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12#/user/bobafett14/media/IMAG0408_zpse258f0da.jpg.html?sort=3&o=12&_suid=138617991871209548920702002941

NOTES:
* There have been a couple additions since the photo.
* Shannon Baksa is the only non-OT autograph
* Exception being Hal Wamsley/Jawa, which there seems to be the onging he's a fake, no he's not, yes he is argument, which even if it turns out he is...still seems to have found his way into SW lore.

« Last Edit: December 4, 2013, 01:03 PM by bobafett14 »
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 12, 2015, 11:27 AM »
Anybody know when The Force Awakens teaser poster is going to be made available?  I couldn't find any mention of it online.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: February 12, 2015, 07:44 PM »
I'd guess a bit later this year, closer to Summer-ish time maybe?  I don't think it'd be done till they had more to show.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 1, 2015, 02:41 PM »
They showed The Force Awakens teaser poster at Star Wars Celebration.  Anybody know if this is available to buy yet, and where?

I always used to buy my posters at ShopStarWars.com, but have no idea where to go for something like this.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #118 on: July 3, 2015, 08:19 AM »
They showed The Force Awakens teaser poster at Star Wars Celebration.  Anybody know if this is available to buy yet, and where?

I always used to buy my posters at ShopStarWars.com, but have no idea where to go for something like this.

Dave I just discovered that there is a way to get one through Disney Movies Anywhere
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 6, 2015, 03:47 PM »

Dave I just discovered that there is a way to get one through Disney Movies Anywhere

So I've got to buy five Disney movies to get this?  Probably not a horrible deal.

Has anyone heard if this is actually going to be for sale? 

I'm still not convinced I need to have this poster, even though I purchased all the teaser and theatrical posters from the prequels.  This one just isn't that exciting.