Author Topic: Star Wars Posters  (Read 118532 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Star Wars Posters
« Reply #135 on: December 18, 2015, 11:23 PM »
Be patient...they will turn up at some point.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
  • Never Trust a Big Butt and a Smile - BBD
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 18, 2015, 11:50 PM »
Be patient...they will turn up at some point.

I dunno.  Normally I would say yes, but the teaser posters never turned up anywhere other than DisneyMovieRewards.com. 

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 23, 2016, 11:26 AM »
I'm still trying to track one of these things down. 

I can't believe how much time I've spent trying to acquire this poster for a reasonable amount.  I miss the old days of ShopStarWars.com when it was as simple as paying your $30 and getting a poster mailed to you.   Why is so hard to do that these days???

Has anybody figured out a way to get this other than via eBay?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 11:26 AM by Dave »

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2016, 02:29 PM »
Par for the course.  My stupid and tragic tale of trying to acquire a TFA movie poster.  Kids, let Grandpa Dave spin a yarn. 

Back in 1998-2005 (the old days) - in the days of LucasFilm and ShopStarWars.com, a new Star Wars movie would be in the works.  Excitement would build.  Articles would be written.  Fanboys would speculate and salivate.  A trailer would be shown in the theaters accompanied by the release of a "teaser movie poster".  Interested consumers would go to ShopStarWars.com and buy the teaser poster for $20 plus shipping.  The transaction would take a few minutes and a week later a poster would arrive at your door.  The same would be true of the theatrical release and the theatrical poster.  Five minutes of online shopping, $20, and one week later UPS would leave it at your door while you tended to other things.

Spring forward to 2015 and the days of Disney running the commercial operation.  New movies would be in the works.  Fanboys would salivate.  Yet there would be no way to purchase either a teaser poster nor a theatrical poster other than cheap downsized reprints.

A few fast acting people would be able to acquire these posters, but only through Disney's movie rewards program.  Quantities were very limited, so you better act fast. 

"What is Disney Movie Rewards", you might ask?  Its a loyalty program for people that buy Disney DVDs.  You might also ask, "Why is that the only sales channel available to get a movie poster.  Shouldn't these be available at Disney parks, or Disney stores in the mall, or maybe even Disney.com?"  "Why should I have to buy ten copies of Air Bud to get a Star Wars movie poster"?  All good questions.  Perhaps the Hasbro team responsible for choosing figures to make that never appear in the movie might have lent some help in making these genius decisions.

So kids, Grandpa Dave has spent probably upwards of 80 hours trying to get the theatrical release of this movie poster.  His old bones weren't quick enough in getting ten copies of Air Bud before all the posters were gone (seriously, anybody need a few copies of Air Bud?).  He spent hours driving across town twice on movie premier day because a local theater was supposed to be selling posters that turned out to be small one sided copies for $25.  He as Googled, and searched online, and logged in DisneyMovieRewards.com daily for four months trying to get a poster.  He has made countless bids on eBay only to lose out to people willing to drop upwards of $100 to acquire these posters.  No luck.

Well, after all this he finally managed to "win" an auction on eBay for the theatrical poster (he is still looking for a teaser poster) for $100 on Tuesday.  Thanks to USPS the poster tube arrived with a giant spot caved in.  Thank you for a $100 creased poster.  :'(

If you're doing the math.  Old days - 5 minutes and $20.  These days - 80 hours and $150 ($100 for the poster and $50 for ten copies of Air Bud).

And then today, Friday, out of force of habit Grandpa Dave checked DisneyMovieRewards.com, and for the price of ten Air Bud movies I can now get a The Force Awakens movie poster.

To Bob Iger, and the leadership at Disney - may a real (not animated mouse) crap in your bowl of Cheerios tomorrow morning.

I know its way too long, but I just had to vent.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:47 AM by Dave »

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2016, 12:40 AM »
I got the poster through DMR, it's great.  >:D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2016, 07:10 PM »
DMR?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:06 AM by Jayson »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2016, 02:55 PM »
Does anyone here know of anywhere you can get a reprint of the old Kenner "Happy Birthday Star Wars" poster with the original figures surrounding the cake? I always loved that poster, and I was curious if there was a way to get a version of it affordable. I know the originals are crazy high on eBay, but I don't mind a reprint. Anyone have one of these or know of where they might be available?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 15, 2016, 08:44 AM »
There is a seller on Ebay UK selling them for about $12 plus free shipping.  I wasn't sure if he would ship to the US, but says the item location is in Missouri. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2016, 04:02 PM »
Rogue One Teaser II one-sheet poster is now available through DMR

Thanks Jayson!  I've been checking the site every few days for the past few months waiting for this.  Just placed my order thanks to many $4 Hannah Montana DVDs.

Now they just need to put the theatrical poster up as well.

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2016, 12:59 PM »
Ditto.  I've been checking regularly since this poster was unveiled.  Thanks for posting!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2016, 09:34 AM »
The Rogue One Teaser Poster I is also available through DMR

Offline Dave

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2016, 10:18 AM »
The Rogue One Teaser Poster I is also available through DMR

Thanks.  I passed on the TFA text teaser poster and I think I'm passing on the Rogue One text teaser poster too.

I will grab the theatrical release poster as soon as its available though.

Got my shipping notice for the RO teaser poster.  Its funny how when you place your order they say it'll ship in 2-4 weeks, but then they ship it the next day. 

Offline Qui-Gon Jim

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 2, 2016, 06:15 AM »
Theatrical is available.