Author Topic: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship  (Read 53147 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship
« Reply #120 on: May 1, 2006, 07:50 AM »
By the way Jim said it I thought he had bought one and it had an older gunship in it or something.

I almost bought it til I noticed how loose all the parts sounded inside. Then I noticed the retape on the side.  Took a peek in and noticed it was an older ship.  With people having mulitples of this in there collection and the pricepoiint it does not surprise me.  I brought it to the service desk and told them they had been robbed.  I will be checking for more on my lunch break today as well checking if this was put back on the shelf. 

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 1, 2006, 01:33 PM »
Here are some pictures of the ship put together, and with some troops in it, and comparing them side by side to two other gunships from AOTC and ROTS.

The shark mouth is painted on the ship and is not a decal. Some were wondering.

There is some weathering on the side edges (see picture)

I hate the missiles on this ship  . . . . they are grey (on the box t hey show red). You can see how the grey look in the picture below. I swapped out the grey and put them in the ROTS ship (looks somewhat better) and put the red in the CW Ship which I think is a major improvement.

As usual, figures don't stand up that well in the gunship, and with the ARC's their antenea visor has to be flipped down to stand them up.

"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 1, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Nice Gunship collection!

I'm jealous!   :D

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #123 on: May 1, 2006, 03:19 PM »
That for the awesome review and pictures.  I wanted it before but I was a bit on the fence.  But since I have the previous 3 (?) versions, I'll go for it.
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #124 on: May 1, 2006, 06:31 PM »
By the way Jim said it I thought he had bought one and it had an older gunship in it or something.

I almost bought it til I noticed how loose all the parts sounded inside. Then I noticed the retape on the side.  Took a peek in and noticed it was an older ship.  With people having mulitples of this in there collection and the pricepoiint it does not surprise me.  I brought it to the service desk and told them they had been robbed.  I will be checking for more on my lunch break today as well checking if this was put back on the shelf. 

Did you notice which one was in the box? It might be worth picking up.

Also, Blackdog the black trimmed one is also a Clone Wars gunship. A red trimmed one is from AOTC.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 1, 2006, 07:47 PM »
That's a good point - the 'imposter' version may be the Clone Wars version.

Highly unlikely though.

I guess if it were the ROTS version, it could still be worth picking up.

:-\

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 1, 2006, 08:23 PM »
Also, Blackdog the black trimmed one is also a Clone Wars gunship. A red trimmed one is from AOTC.

You are correct. The Red trim was the first one that came out was with the Saga wave (1st) and was AOTC.  The Black Trimmed one that I am showing in my pictures is a Clone Wars Gunship.  I guess we would call the new one the Animated Clone Wars Gunship.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 1, 2006, 08:27 PM »

It was the original release version.  And to me it still isnt worth $45 plus the fact that it could be incomplete.

Did you notice which one was in the box? It might be worth picking up.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 1, 2006, 08:41 PM »
Dear God how I want this ship. I never picked up any of the other Gunships, so I feel obligated to buy this one, just so my Clone army will have a place to hang out.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 3, 2006, 11:43 AM »
For anyone who ordered from Amazon.  I received my confirmation that my Gunship shipped today. ;D

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #130 on: May 3, 2006, 01:24 PM »
Are these going to be in stores?
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: May 3, 2006, 01:37 PM »
Yes, in fact they are in stores now...

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #132 on: May 3, 2006, 01:51 PM »

I thought it was a shark, too, until I heard somewhere that it's supposed to be a rancor. 

Think it was mentioned on the CW: V2 DVD. 

Kind of a cool idea, I thought.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #133 on: May 3, 2006, 02:57 PM »

I thought it was a shark, too, until I heard somewhere that it's supposed to be a rancor. 

Think it was mentioned on the CW: V2 DVD. 

Kind of a cool idea, I thought.

I've heard that too, that it was a Rancor not a shark...  I think people just think shark automatically since it's an homage to shark's mouth paintjobs on P-40 fighters from World War II...  I've been calling it the sharkmouth paintjob too out of habit.

It's very cool, despite my lack of appreciation for the ship...  The paintjob's fantastic.  It kind of makes me hope for another A-Wing EU repaint since that's one of my more favored ships from the line.  Something a bit more elaborate like this Gunship would be nice.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #134 on: May 3, 2006, 03:27 PM »
But since when does a rancor have blue stripes? Not even in the EU have I seen a rancor in any color other than beige. Although that's not to say that there couldn't be a subspecies of "Greater Lowland Mongpoovian Albino Stripey Rancor" somewhere.

You're quite right on why people call it "shark", Jesse. I like to call it the "tiger shark" paintjob, which accounts for that factor as well as the stripes, and is a real animal to boot. But I suspect I'm the only one who follows that nomenclature.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2006, 03:29 PM by Valin Ferengirific! »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)