Author Topic: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship  (Read 53143 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship
« on: January 20, 2006, 12:28 PM »
I guess this thing can be "officially" confirmed because it is now up for pre-order at Amazon.com for $45with an expected ship date of May 1st (but we all know how those ship dates go  ::)).

Should be the same old Gunship, but this time with the killer paint deco from the cartoon.  $45 though seems like a HUGE rip-off considering the first release went for $40 and was clearanced and the RotS version sold like hotcakes for $30.   >:(

Unless it's got a bunch of pack-in figures, I'm going to have to pass...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 12:31 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 01:02 PM »
I got my hands on the ROTS version, so I'm not sure I'll bother with another.  Although the CW paint job was VERY sweet.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Gunship
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 01:50 PM »
The new Clone Wars Republic Gunship is up for pre-order at Amazon.com - $45 though!!

:o

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 02:36 PM »
Here's the link to it...

Pre-Order at Amazon

I wonder if it will have the "shark" paint scheme?

:P
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 04:00 PM by Jeff »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 02:43 PM »
I'm thinking I don't really need a third one of these ::)  The paint deco was pretty neat though.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 04:00 PM »
Folks are talkign about this guy over in the Clone Wars Section.   

Yes, it is supposed to have the Cartoon "Shark" paint aps...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 04:19 PM by Jeff »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 04:17 PM »
I wonder though, if it's in SAGA 2006 packaging, wouldn't it be considered a SAGA item? I guess we won't know until we see the packaging.

I'm thinking that this might come with a figure or two considering the price tag on it.  Seems like many of the 2006 repacked vehicles are going to have pack in figures, right?  Maybe two Clone pilots would be a good pack in (Evolution style).  Or one pilot and one ARC Trooper (new sculpt).  Doubt it, but it would be cool.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 04:25 PM »
I wonder though, if it's in SAGA 2006 packaging, wouldn't it be considered a SAGA item? I guess we won't know until we see the packaging.

Yeah.  All we know about it at the moment is that it is from the Clone Wars Cartoon, so it went over there (just like the EE 4-Pack Clones did when they first popped up). 

If pictures show up and it's in Saga style packaging, then it will most likely find it's way back over here...

I'm thinking that this might come with a figure or two considering the price tag on it.

That's kinda what I was hoping too.  $45 for this thing is a rip off unless it's got a couple NEW pack-in figures. 

The original didn't sell well at $40 until they went on clearance and the CW and RotS versions sold like hotcakes at $30.  Charging $45 for these is stupid unless they have at least one new pack-in figure.   :-\

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 04:37 PM »
I'll be passing at the $45 price. Way too much money for  a vechile I have 2 of already. I think that may come and haunt them. Then again, because it looks like the B-25J's Apache Squadran with the Shark teeth from the Clone Wars this thing will probably sell like hot cakes, and on the secondary market it will cost me an arm and a leg if I ever want one.  Guess I will just have to accept the fact that I am not going to pay $45 or more for this and move on.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 04:57 PM »
I'm not sure what I will do yet.  I think that one reason the ROTS one sold so well (besides the cheaper pricepoint) is that it was released right off the bat, clones were everywhere to be bought to populate the ship, the movie was more popular, and it doesn't seem like it was produced in the higher quantities like the earlier version.  I could be wrong, but on the surface that's how it appeared to me.

For pack ins, who knows...  I'd love to see some sort of pack ins.  There is also the possiblity that Amazon is charging maybe $5.00 higher than a retail price, and that it will retail at $40.00 like the original version and won't have any pack ins.

While a Clone Wars shark teeth repaint would probably look awesome, I might pass on it as I'd rather see something *new* like the Tank Droid, a Spider Droid, or if it has to be a repack, then the Hailfire Droid.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 07:36 PM »
I'll be picking up one. That is if I see it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 09:30 PM »
For that price I expect to see at least a couple figs, even if they're just repaints (a blue ARC trooper would be neat).

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 03:28 PM »
Only if it is really great...with an ARC Trooper and maybe an ARC Pilot...?
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Clone Commander

• Jedi Padawan
  • I ate my Lama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2006, 03:41 PM »
I'm not sure what I will do yet.  I think that one reason the ROTS one sold so well (besides the cheaper pricepoint) is that it was released right off the bat, clones were everywhere to be bought to populate the ship, the movie was more popular, and it doesn't seem like it was produced in the higher quantities like the earlier version.  I could be wrong, but on the surface that's how it appeared to me.

Well, it was hard to find a #6 clone here so I dont really think that the clones were easy to find so they could populate the ship...but then again I live in Canada.

I think that it wont have any pack ins.
Clone Commander Appo.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2006, 05:25 PM »
What if the price is higher due to scaled side turrets?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks