Author Topic: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship  (Read 53145 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Well, this is very damn cool looking!

The ARC Troopers look totally new to me, not those lame ones that came out in the Clone Wars line, and the Gatlin Clone looks sweet.  Looks like the blue ARC near the front might be the old one, but the two in the back look different, at least to me.  I'll most definitely get this ship, maybe a new ARC or two, and a few Gatlin Clones I hope.

:P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 04:38 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2006, 04:41 PM »
Once upon a time, when the Clone Wars Command Gunship was originally released, it had pictures of a "Yellow" Clone Commander on it to everyone's surprise.  The "Yellow" Clone Trooper was not available at the time, but he showed up later in the Wal-Mart Value 2-packs.  

I'd have to say that that the clone(s) on this box are in a similar boat.   Even though they are not included with the Gunship, I would guess that most definitely will be out sometime this year.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2006, 05:00 PM »
Good point Jeff.

Something I noticed, the red ARC Trooper almost looks like a souped up version of the EE Clones or a custom I've seen somewhere... notice there don't appear to be any antennas on the helmets of the front two ARC troops.

:P

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2006, 05:21 PM »
HOLY CRAP! i must get that!!

and dont tell me hasbro is gonna re-release the red ARC trooper that i shelled ebay $$ for!!!  >:(

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2006, 05:27 PM »
They look like they have ball-jointed elbows now. Man, I hope no cool figs are exclusive to the ship....

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2006, 05:31 PM »
Don't worry - if there were figures included with the ship, the box would clearly state it.

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2006, 05:34 PM »
i think that this ship is just awsome. even if it does have a higher price i still think it's worth it. the paint job looks great and the new figures look awsome too. i think it's really cool to see hasbro making eu stuff.

the red arc looks sick and the gattling gun clone looks cool too, he could mabey use a bit more blue on him when it gets released though.

CHEWIE- i think that all the regular blue clones are the old clone wars ones, the front defintetley, and if you look at the back 2 arc's feet, they have the same boots as the front blue arc, just an observation! :D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2006, 05:35 PM by jedistyle »
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Kickass. The ship looks great, but I'm not crazy about the price. Here's hoping retail sells it for $30, like ROTS. And here's hoping that it's easy to find as well.

That Red ARC is DEFINATELY a kitbash from the EE Red Trooper. The Blue ARCs are the same ones we saw 3 years ago in the original CW line, and the pilots look like white Evolutions Clones with the pilot helmets. That other Heavy Gunner looks like a kitbash of the AT-RT Driver and an SA Clone. Still looks good though!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Don't worry - if there were figures included with the ship, the box would clearly state it.

Yep, and in states in the lower left corner… Figures Not Included.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2006, 05:45 PM »
Here's hoping retail sells it for $30, like ROTS. And here's hoping that it's easy to find as well.

Good luck - it's TRU exclusive and it looks like their price is set....at $45.

The website usually reflects the B&M price - and I doubt you'll find it on clearance.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2006, 05:55 PM »

Yep, and in states in the lower left corner… Figures Not Included.

Heh. I jumped on that without thinking.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2006, 06:00 PM »
Friggin' sweet!

I'll be hopefully shelling out for one of these bad boys.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2006, 06:03 PM »
Here's hoping retail sells it for $30, like ROTS. And here's hoping that it's easy to find as well.

Good luck - it's TRU exclusive and it looks like their price is set....at $45.

The website usually reflects the B&M price - and I doubt you'll find it on clearance.

****, it's TRU exclusive? I must have forgotten that part. :-\
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2006, 07:18 PM »
Very, very nice. I definately am going to try to get oe of these bad boys. For the ARC troopers, the red one looks like a #33 clone commander and an EE red clone, the next one looks like the old version, the gunner looks like a #33 clone commander and an AT-RT driver mix, the next trooper looks like and old version, and the last one may be old, but I think it might be a #33 clone commander/EE blue clone mix, since he is holding a DC-15 rifle, while the Clone Wars ARC troopers had those special ops gunns with the straps.

SilverZ

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2006, 07:23 PM »
That's a quality exclusive repaint. Finally, one that makes complete sense and comes from a popular EU source. Looks top notch.

I'm very pleased with the figures too. I'm sure they'll be carded as part of the standard line, but I'd be pretty happy with a Battle Pack as well.