Author Topic: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship  (Read 53234 times)

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
Re: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2006, 07:19 PM »
Yeah, I agree.  I'd really like to see the Battle Pack.  $15 higher pricepoint to make up for losses that could come due to it being an exclusive and a shorter production run, ouch.

I think both the Gunship and the Battle Pack will be a pain to find if you're beating your feet.  Just may grab these online to avoid the trouble.

:)
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2006, 12:42 AM »
It's hard to take a loss on an item that already is "made" though.  It's a matter of just running it through the factory and shipping it out.  There's REALLY no excuse for the higher cost other than to milk fans for what they feel they can get...  TRU's never been known to come in short on exclusives too, so these could be widely abundant at that price.

Mold toolings are done for the thing...  Production costs are going to be eaten up in a $30 pricepoint, much less a $45 pricepoint, so Hasbro and/or TRU really have a screwjob for the fans on this one as far as the cost goes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediTray

• Banned
  • Youngling
    • View Profile
    • JediTray's Website
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2006, 03:40 AM »
^^^^
Agreed.  HasBLO = That sucking whirlwind sound coming from your wallet....
HasBLO + TRU = Hold on to your arse.  What wallet....
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

My Website

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2006, 10:02 AM »
It's hard to take a loss on an item that already is "made" though.  It's a matter of just running it through the factory and shipping it out.  There's REALLY no excuse for the higher cost other than to milk fans for what they feel they can get...  TRU's never been known to come in short on exclusives too, so these could be widely abundant at that price.

Mold toolings are done for the thing...  Production costs are going to be eaten up in a $30 pricepoint, much less a $45 pricepoint, so Hasbro and/or TRU really have a screwjob for the fans on this one as far as the cost goes.

Well, the production run is limited to one retailer vs. worldwide distribution.  That makes a huge difference. 

Plus, they know it's a paint scheme everyone wants - why not charge more?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2006, 11:31 PM »
Well I don't know about everyone else orders on Amazon, but mine got bumped up to shipping May 4th instead of May 1st. What a surprise.  ::)
I remember my dream now.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2006, 11:45 PM »
Yeah, I was checking Amazon today, and they bumped the dates for the Gunship and the battle pack to May 4th.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2006, 12:50 AM »
Ok, I did not score these, but a close friend saw a collector who bought two today in Utah.  Two stores in Utah each got 1 case of 2 ships today and they sold out ASAP! These did hit so they are out there, just not in abudance yet.  The other stores are not scheduled to get them for at least a week now.

As a further fyi, in our district in Utah the ARC Troopers/Hunt for Grevious/Defense of the Senate TRU exclusive is not in the warehouse here as of 8:30pm tonight. It usually takes 7-10 days from what I've been told for the items to go from warehouse to store so those are still about one to two weeks out. I definetly want one of these, but I  am waffling on the gunship due to the price.

So they are out in a small numbers, a trickle, so if your by a TRU and they have gotten a truck in, you might want to check. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 12:51 AM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2006, 12:43 PM »
This isn't new info to me. I'm feeling lucky at my TRU this weekend...we'll see I guess ;). Our local TRU Distro Wherehouse has had gunships in since last Thurs. but still no other exclusives yet. Was told by Store manager to check store this weekend..crossing fingers and hoping more than 1 case hits :-\.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2006, 02:03 PM »
Well, I got one of the Clone Wars Gunships today.  Here is the picture with receit. The store I got em from only got 2 in so they are not hitting in mass.  It helps to have the item # when you go into the store. BTW, yes, I had not finished making the bed when I took the pictures. . . .

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 02:04 PM by TheBlackDog65 »
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2006, 02:07 PM »
How much did it set you back?  $40?  $45?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2006, 02:08 PM »
Nice - Good Score!
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2006, 02:10 PM »
Awesome!  May be a good excuse to take the boy to the toy store!

:D

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2006, 02:24 PM »
Let me clarify. Ship is $44.99 plus tax so it put my SON (12) back $47.96.  He wants me to point out that he owns the ship, not me, and that he bought it with money that he saves working with me and his Mom cleaning her work 1x a week. Anyway, its $48 roughly. 

« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 02:29 PM by TheBlackDog65 »

John Keeshan

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #103 on: April 28, 2006, 02:33 PM »
Let your son know that he's got a great new toy there... and it must feel good to work hard for something and pay for it himself.

Bravo young collector.  :)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline DarthAcroyear

• Jedi Initiate
  • TI - 568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
    • View Profile
    • Acro's Lair
« Reply #104 on: April 28, 2006, 02:46 PM »
Those just hit the TRU's here in Indy this morning. :)
TI-568, D. Acroyear, Callsign "Spartan"
Bloodfin Garrison,
Omega Wing Squadron

"I aim to misbehave."