Author Topic: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship  (Read 53153 times)

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
Re: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship
« Reply #150 on: May 5, 2006, 08:13 PM »
Everyone  has a different interpretation on this.  I was looking at mine last night and the first thing that came to mind was a Reek. 

Regardless, this is a sweet vehicle.  Blowing away the other 3 paint jobs.  If I were to list them in order of preference I would take:

New Clone Wars Version
ROTS Version
AOTC Version
Clone Wars Version (paint job sucks IMO)

Speaking of ship repaints, I am kind of surprised we saw no Arc Fighter repaint.  That ship would of looked great in green. 

I don't mean to pick on you but your post is the opposite of my opinions.

I think you mean the Acklay? I see it like that. The Reek was the rhino looking thing.

My Gunship preferances:

Clone Wars Version, gotta love the kill marks
AOTC Version
New Clone Wars Version
ROTS Version, the green just seems sickly

Arc fighters, there was the blue titanium one, which at least makes it an official scheme. From Cato Neimodia, I think.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 5, 2006, 08:46 PM »
Everyone  has a different interpretation on this.  I was looking at mine last night and the first thing that came to mind was a Reek. 

Regardless, this is a sweet vehicle.  Blowing away the other 3 paint jobs.  If I were to list them in order of preference I would take:

New Clone Wars Version
ROTS Version
AOTC Version
Clone Wars Version (paint job sucks IMO)

Speaking of ship repaints, I am kind of surprised we saw no Arc Fighter repaint.  That ship would of looked great in green. 

I don't mean to pick on you but your post is the opposite of my opinions.

I think you mean the Acklay? I see it like that. The Reek was the rhino looking thing.

My Gunship preferances:

Clone Wars Version, gotta love the kill marks
AOTC Version
New Clone Wars Version
ROTS Version, the green just seems sickly

Arc fighters, there was the blue titanium one, which at least makes it an official scheme. From Cato Neimodia, I think.

Nope still see it as the Reek IMO. 

Offline MJones

• Youngling
  • You can go about your business. Move along.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 6, 2006, 01:02 AM »
I ordered one of these today.  The pictures posted a couple pages ago look really good! :)

And I'd say it's quite possible that the clones would know what a rancor is...training should prepare them to face almost anything!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #153 on: May 6, 2006, 12:19 PM »
Shark-mouth  nose  art  was  popular  with  lots  of squadrons  on  all  sides  during   WWII,  as  well  as  today.  The  AVG (Flying Tigers)  made  it  famous,  because  they  were  the  only  guys  doing  any  real  damage  to  the  enemy  those  first  few  months  after  Pearl,  not  to  mention  the  movie  starring  John  Wayne.

Thank    you        for    the   info.       It's    very                   much    appreciated.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

SilverZ

« Reply #154 on: May 6, 2006, 08:17 PM »
Has anyone elses Amazon/TRU order been pushed back? I had an email with a shipping delay until June 8. Why do I feel like I'm heading into Evolutions territory again with these guys?

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 6, 2006, 08:20 PM »
Jared, I know both Ray(BF77) and Ryan(DarthIce) had emails saying their orders were held back.
I remember my dream now.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 6, 2006, 09:15 PM »
The TRU where my son and I got ours last Saturday put out 12 of these today.  I know 5 are gone as local collectors swipped em up. It is the TRU in Salt Lake City in Sugerhouse.  Perhaps as time goes by they will be more rapidily available at TRU's.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 6, 2006, 09:57 PM »
Hit my TRU today, but no such thing was present when I went in, and the employees were hanging out in the customer service hovel.

I couldn't bring myself to interupt their fun.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 7, 2006, 10:17 AM »
At $45 dollars, are these going to move well? Is there precident on this pricey of an exclusive that flies off the shelve? I know a lot of people are going to want one, but price is an issue an only so many are going to pay retail for it, let alone scalper prices.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline MJones

• Youngling
  • You can go about your business. Move along.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 7, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Gunships were super rare last year...I only ever saw one for sale and that was at an overpriced place in Sacramento called Stage Nine Collectables.    Perhaps the Gunship will be easier to find this time

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 7, 2006, 03:52 PM »
At $45 dollars, are these going to move well? Is there precident on this pricey of an exclusive that flies off the shelve? I know a lot of people are going to want one, but price is an issue an only so many are going to pay retail for it, let alone scalper prices.

No matter the price when kids see it they will want it just cause its from the cartoon. But at least with the price it should of came with a repainted Clone Pilot as well.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #161 on: May 7, 2006, 09:40 PM »
Well, the AOTC one was $40, Clone Wars was $30, ROTS was $30, so I figure $45 is worth it for the extra paint layers & masking.

I never saw the Clone Wars cartoon, so I don't feel any nostalgia to get it. I just think it looks kool.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Danbtherockstar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2006, 01:12 PM »
This bad boy is in Stores in Cincinnati. I picked mine up this weekend and canceled my order w/ amazon. I recieved an email that both my gunship and Hunt for Grevious packs were going to be pushed back to June so I cancelled the Gunship. If I find the Battlepack i'll can that order too.

Also spoke to the manager at the TRU I got my gunship at and he said that (at least at that particular store) they've always gotten the things that are "online only" and that (off the record) TRU wasn't in a position to bank on anything selling well enough online So the stuff hits the stores too. The "online only" is just a snag to try to lure people for a definate sale rather than having to hunt it down... and to nab em for shipping.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2006, 01:41 PM »
The "online only" is just a snag to try to lure people for a definate sale rather than having to hunt it down... and to nab em for shipping.

A retailer playing dirty pool?  I'm shocked.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2006, 01:45 PM »
These haven't shown up at our local TRU yet either.  I do really like this paintjob of the Gunship, but I think space and price are going to end up keeping me away.  If I had a place to display it, and if I hadn't spent so much money recently on VTSC and Marvel Legends, I might consider it more.  It does look pretty nice though - the AOTC gunship will have to be good enough for me.  Its tough enough for me to find a place to display one, let alone two or three.