Author Topic: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship  (Read 53254 times)

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
Re: 2006 TRU Clone Wars Gunship
« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2006, 09:20 AM »
I did run across one with sloppy paint (bright red from the gun dribbled on to the mouth area).

But I love the ship. I broke it out and my kids and I watched the DVD's with the toys. It was a good way to continue enjoying star wars.

I think the price hike will eventually allow these to sit on the shelves for a bit, but I don't think they will hang around until christmas or clearance time. They are too unique.

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2006, 07:21 PM »
I gave in to the online ordering on May 2nd and received my 2 gunships last week from Amazon.  I got two more on the way but it is pushed back until June 5th.   I did not want to go through the ROTS gunship hunt again during it's initial release.  I haven't opened them yet as I am in the process of doing some inventory on my collection. 

By now, I hope hasbro realizes the gunships sells almost as well as the millenium falcon.   

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2006, 09:52 PM »
I gave in to the online ordering on May 2nd and received my 2 gunships last week from Amazon.  I got two more on the way but it is pushed back until June 5th.   I did not want to go through the ROTS gunship hunt again during it's initial release.  I haven't opened them yet as I am in the process of doing some inventory on my collection. 

By now, I hope hasbro realizes the gunships sells almost as well as the millenium falcon.   

Four gunships? What do you need that many for? ???
"This is the way."

Offline Kit

• Jedi Initiate
  • "I want more clones and I know I shouldn't."
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 22, 2006, 05:00 AM »

Four gunships? What do you need that many for? ???

I keep one boxed to display and the other three are for my diorama in progress...... :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #169 on: May 22, 2006, 05:10 AM »
That's a lotta diorama'ing.

My area has a lot of these.  Evne low traffic TRU's have at least 4 sitting around, and the high traffic stores have them stocked down where you can get them, then like another 10 up high and out of the way...  It's crazy.  I think the price is hurting these in particular...  It's not packed in a huge box really, so $40+ stings I think.

I love the paintjob despite my feelings about the toy...  It's really pretty nice, and I'd think kids would want these things if nothing else, but at least in my area these are REALLY easy to find right now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 23, 2006, 12:28 AM »
i went to my local toys'r'us 2 days ago and they had honestly, 12 or 13 of these things. i plan on going again 2marrow, so if anybady wants one i'll be happy to pick them up. i think i'll pobablly get mine 2marrow 2!

let me know.

later

erik
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline jedistyle

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 23, 2006, 05:14 PM »
went back to tru today and all the clone wars gunships where gone, bummer! guess i missed out and i'll have to wait  :'(!
=jEdIsTyLe=
---------------------------------------------------------
" The first soap was made from the ashes of hero's, with out pain, with out sacrifice, we would have nothing."

Offline kesselrunking

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 23, 2006, 05:36 PM »
Buy it when you see it, these won't be around too long.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 23, 2006, 10:08 PM »
2 TRU's locally.  The first one to get them in has none left, the second still has 11. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #174 on: May 25, 2006, 12:39 PM »
The high price point will slow sales a bit but they will all be sold out by late summer.

I love this ship my favorite thus far.
But I have to say I am just about done with the Gunship. I have all 4 and thats enough! One of the greatest vehicles to ever grace the line. This one completes my fleet.
I am starting to feel the same the the Jedi Starfighter. Once I get Vaders and Windus 6 should be enough.......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 25, 2006, 08:07 PM »
I went to TRU after work tonight, they had a ton of CW gunships.  Love the paint job, hate the $44.99.  I passed on it and bought Major League Baseball 2K6 for PS2 instead.  Much better value IMO.  If I see the ship on clearance, I'll pick a couple up.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #176 on: May 25, 2006, 10:42 PM »
If anyone accidently finds a CW Command gunship stuck in the box or wants to sell a CW Command gunship to afford this. Feel free to LMK.
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 26, 2006, 09:43 AM »
If anyone accidently finds a CW Command gunship stuck in the box or wants to sell a CW Command gunship to afford this. Feel free to LMK.

huh?
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 26, 2006, 10:16 AM »
DR - at one time somebody did the "buy and switch" technique with the new Animated Gunship. 

They bought the new Animated version and returned the box to TRU with the black CW version packed inside.

Clone Hunter is asking if anyone has for sale - either by accident or in general.

Then again, I could be totally off base... :D

Offline Clone Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Cybertronian Artifacts
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2006, 07:40 PM »
Exactly correct.

DR - at one time somebody did the "buy and switch" technique with the new Animated Gunship. 

They bought the new Animated version and returned the box to TRU with the black CW version packed inside.

Clone Hunter is asking if anyone has for sale - either by accident or in general.

Then again, I could be totally off base... :D
My trade thread: http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=10408.0
Email is your best bet to contact me.