Author Topic: Where Does Your Collection Reside?  (Read 47864 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Where Does Your Collection Reside?
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 01:23 PM »
Since my last posting, my mother-in-law has moved in now resides in my office, so sadly, my collection is sitting in various storage tubs spread out in closets around the house. :(

Ouch.   :(

I told my mother-in-law she's welcome to stay anytime at our place, in fact we have a room set aside for her -- the treehouse.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 01:26 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2007, 03:54 PM »
Im only thirteen so I dont have my own collection room or anything, but I did drag into my bedroom a free entertainment center that was sitting outside on the sidewalk. It is HUGE, a great pice of furniture with glass doors and everything, I got it recently and moved everything in there. It looks awesome. I'm considering posting pictures. I also stacked a bookshelf on top of it when I ran out of room that also looks great. What was so awesome when I got it was that all my stuff fit in it PERFECTLY how I visualized it. Yeah, I'm gonna post pictures.  8)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 03:54 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2007, 05:19 PM »

:'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2007, 05:23 PM »
I've got much more dissapointing pics Brent.  Perhaps I'll get around to finally showing off my grand collection to you folks some day.  :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 1, 2007, 01:52 AM »
I have them packed away for the min until we sort this house out properly which should be displayed the way thigns are going in the next three years from now, I have a few things out, I have my Playskool/Galactic Heroes and my PEZ out but the rest is in boxes waiting to be released.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 04:36 PM »
With the purchase of a new house by my wife and I, I now have a collection room!  I'm still working on on it and it will be a while before it's finished since I'm currently out in California for some training for my new assignmnet, but I've already filled all of the shelves I've installed and still have large bins full of carded figures I'm tring to figure out what to do with.

I'm seriously thinking of opening a lot of stuff, and possibly selling off a majority of my carded figures, only keeping the extremely rare, exclusives, and the McFigures I've recently picked up.

Hopefully by summer I'll have it set up and post some pictures.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2007, 01:46 AM »
Congrats!  Getting a SW room to finally be able to display your collection is pretty sweet.  I'm lucky enough to have one too, but we've lived here a year and a half and I'm still not done.  ;)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2007, 10:00 AM »
we've lived here a year and a half and I'm still not done.  ;)

We've lived in our house for over 6 years and my SW room is still not "done". 

Always seems to be something I'm tinkering with or re-arranging or moving or adding or selling or ....  ::)   :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2007, 10:18 AM »
i Have HALF a collection room with all my stuff. SW,Batman,Dragonballz and Marvel figures. ALthough SW is the only one there that is still growing. only reason i have Half the room is because my sister uses the other half to put all her barbie collectibles and disney and christmas toys lol. But thats what you get when your sill in high school.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2007, 10:37 AM »
I need more room and more curions... oh yeah and shelves !!!!  :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2007, 10:30 PM »
Congrats!  Getting a SW room to finally be able to display your collection is pretty sweet.  I'm lucky enough to have one too, but we've lived here a year and a half and I'm still not done.  ;)

I've been in this house now for 1.5 years and nada.  But.....

I dropped $500 on drywall, lumber, subflooring and other stuff today (btw, is drywall ever frickin' heavy :o) and the plan is to get everything but the ceiling done by the time the new year rolls around.  It'll take a little longer to get the shelving up and the ceiling will follow, but maybe, just maybe I'll actually be able to get all my stuff out of boxes by spring.  Man, I wish we had an Ikea in this town. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2007, 01:30 AM »
Man, I wish we had an Ikea in this town. 

Amen!  They've got the smartest shelving and display systems.  Glass display cases add so much to the presentation of any collection, large or small.

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2007, 01:17 PM »

I dropped $500 on drywall, lumber, subflooring and other stuff today (btw, is drywall ever frickin' heavy :o) and the plan is to get everything but the ceiling done by the time the new year rolls around. 

Drywall ceiling?  If so, the ceiling should go in before the walls.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2007, 04:29 PM »

I dropped $500 on drywall, lumber, subflooring and other stuff today (btw, is drywall ever frickin' heavy :o) and the plan is to get everything but the ceiling done by the time the new year rolls around. 

Drywall ceiling?  If so, the ceiling should go in before the walls.

Thanks for the tip, but nope, suspended ceiling is the plan.  The 'drywall is heavy' whine was just moving it to the truck, from the truck and downstairs.  I should have had it delivered. 

Suspended ceiling because just too many pipes, lines, etc. running up there (under the main floor).  I just have zero desire to rip out a ceiling if we ever have to access any of that.  I much prefer the look of a drywall ceiling and I don't look forward to doing the lighting in a suspended ceiling (pot lights of one sort or another are the plan) really, but that's mostly due to a lack of familiarity right now.  I'll read up and ask a few places first. 

I'd like to do remote control wiring for the non-SW parts of the basement too, but I imagine that's mostly a matter of the right kind of switches more than anything else. 

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2007, 05:05 PM »
Gotcha.  I assume you have the head height in the basement for a drop ceiling?

Yeah, gyp board's a bitch to move.  Thankfully I'm done with any sheetrocking in my house (unless my wife decides to add an addition).

Any other construction related questions, feel free to shoot me a PM so we don't bore others with the forum version of This Old House.
Common sense isn't so common