Collecting > Collections

Where Does Your Collection Reside?

<< < (15/17) > >>

Jabba the Slug:
I stand my figures up on 2 shelves I have in my own bedroom. My room is a light blue color, and there's a small window across the shelves, so there isn't an excess of light that poses any threat to fading the colors of the figures.

The only downside to how I store them, however, is that the shelves are a good 3.5 and 4 feet, respectively, above the floor, and the floor is bare, all na-tural wood - no carpets or anything else. So, if they happen to take a tumble, guess how far they fall? - onto bare wood!! :( I've had a few paint chips and broken lightsabers that way.

Pete_Fett:
My collection primarily resides in my basement, which is finished.

I've recently been working on trying to turn three curio cabinets into displays for all of my open/loose TPM, AOTC and ROTS toys.

Yesterday and today I've been working on the AOTC curio and since this is the first time I've ever gotten all of my AOTC loose stuff out and together, I am shocked at how much AOTC stuff has been put out. I'm also putting figures from the Hasbro Clone Wars sub-line and the realistic figures based on the first Clone Wars microseries. (the animated 3D line has it's own cabinet, which is bursting at the seams at this point too)

I will say I had A LOT of fun putting together the Geonosis Arena playset yesterday - I hadn't had that set up since I bought it 7-8 years ago.

Later today, I'm gonna be putting together the Theed playsets and unpacking the Mustafar playset - I can't wait!

Phrubruh:
I wish I had a basement. Cheap ass home builders in California never do that. :(

iFett:

--- Quote from: Master_Phruby on September 26, 2010, 06:33 PM ---I wish I had a basement. Cheap ass home builders in California never do that. :(

--- End quote ---

I don't think basements work well with earthquakes?  Always thought it was neat to have a basement as a kid growing up in Vegas, but no dice in that town.  Most basements stink of old out here in MN for some reason....

Brian:
This question is sort of along the same lines, but dealing with storage.  My collection has outgrown the space I have to display it, so I've found myself packing more and more stuff away in rubbermaid totes.  I've always pretty much kept those totes in the storage areas in our basement/laundry room, but since that is our main storage areas for other stuff (Christmas decorations, etc.), the space is running low.  Anyways, I thought about moving those out to our garage (or at least some of them), but I've always heard how harsh extremes are tough on toys.  I live in Nebraska, so our summers are hot and humid and the winters can get freezing cold, so I know it isn't exactly "climate control" in our garage, but it isn't terrible either.  I realize, in the end, that they are just toys and they aren't made to last a nuclear attack by any means.  My question is, how hard would this type of storage area be on plastic toys?  Would they show signs fairly quickly, or is this more of a "they might start breaking down/looking crappy in 10-20 years".  It makes me think what I'd even be doing with this stuff when I'm 50, 60, etc. years old anyways, so why am I worried about it.  Unless we move, display space won't be getting any bigger...and at this point I think I'd rather have a more condensed display anyways.  Just wondering if anyone here stores stuff in places like this (garages, attics, etc.), and if it makes much of a difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version