Author Topic: Sideshow Light Sabers?  (Read 2634 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Sideshow Light Sabers?
« on: January 29, 2006, 08:04 PM »
Originally, I was really looking forward to Sideshow 12 inch figures.  I ordered the first two, then cancelled them.  I'm just not blown away by them.

Anyway, after looking at Kit Fisto, I realized that it was the lightsbers that I hated.  They really don't look right.  The blade is too skinny compared to the hilt, and the blade tapers to a point. The solid material looks more like the props used while fliming than anything actually in the movie.  The just don't do it for me.

Any one else put off by these?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow Light Sabers?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 07:50 AM »
Honestly, no.  I never get in to the debate of movie version vs. photo prop and don't intend to now.  The scale of the doll versus the size of the saber looks fine to me.  Also, the saber itself looks just like the one in the movie.  I can't tell when they do a close up Luke's saber that it is any different from the shot of him swinging away with it on the sail barge. No disrespect to anyone with my answer, it's just my opinion.
As for the tip of the blade, well that doesn't really sway me one way or the other.  I am use to the Hasbro version but I am flexible enough to have the "pointy" version.  I am more concerned with the character's facial features above all else.  If that blows, it makes no difference to me if the clothes, saber or anything else is spot on.

Beth

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Sideshow Light Sabers?
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 03:55 PM »
I think I read over at RS from a SS guy, that the reason the blades are thinnner,
is because they wanted the hilts as accurate as possible. Keeping the hilts accurate
kept the size smaller, and that is the largest blade that they could use.
Adam